Home
Posted By: EdM NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
I just read elsewhere that Bill Wilson may be purchasing NULA. Apparently "from a reliable source". Anyone hear or know anything about this? Given that Melvin is likely going soon to retire sooner than later I believe Bill would be a good guy to run it.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
I wouldn’t be shocked at all.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
ok so who is bill wilson
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22

This is the one I know of. He's the guy on the right.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

This is the one I know of. He's the guy on the right.

Thats not the guy. The owner of Wilson barrels which also owns Cooper Firearms.
Posted By: Razorhog Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
Oldelkhunter-

Friend, you are very wrong. Bill Wilson is a Arkansas fellow, ( that lives on his ranch in Texas alot ) that builds some of the finest firearms made. Built his reputation on shooting 1911's and then got in the business of making custom's. His shop, it's big, is in NW AR. He does alot of weapon platforms, AR's, pistolas, etc. for DOD, and other 3 letter folks..... I'm privileged to know several workers there, been through the shop, etc................. My dept. was the first LE dept. to carry the company's LE AR15's. I wish they would give tours to the public because alot of folks on The Fire would love to see how the elite military weapons are made.
Also, many parts for other higher end firearm companies are being produced. They have a problem finding enough workers because background checks prohibit any felons. The class III stuff prohibits that. Lots of meth, etc in the area ( as well as in many parts of the country ).
Company name is Wilson Combat.

RH
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
It was my understanding that Hugo Vivero owned Wilson barrels and Cooper firearms.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
My Mistake
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Oldelkhunter-

Friend, you are very wrong. Bill Wilson is a Arkansas fellow, ( that lives on his ranch in Texas alot ) that builds some of the finest firearms made. Built his reputation on shooting 1911's and then got in the business of making custom's. His shop, it's big, is in NW AR. He does alot of weapon platforms, AR's, pistolas, etc. for DOD, and other 3 letter folks..... I'm privileged to know several workers there, been through the shop, etc................. My dept. was the first LE dept. to carry the company's LE AR15's. I wish they would give tours to the public because alot of folks on The Fire would love to see how the elite military weapons are made.
Also, many parts for other higher end firearm companies are being produced. They have a problem finding enough workers because background checks prohibit any felons. The class III stuff prohibits that. Lots of meth, etc in the area ( as well as in many parts of the country ).
Company name is Wilson Combat.

RH

That makes sense.
Melvin has been trying to sell that company since before the Colt fiasco, I am not surprised.
Posted By: Razorhog Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
Oldelkhunter-

I hope Bill Wilson is able to purchase the business and the 3rd time sell is the charm! I'm a very big Melvin Forbes fan and Bill Wilson would be able to take NULA to the next level. Fieldcraft who????? LOL. Alot of the competition have caught up somewhat with Melvins ideas, etc. but quality is such a major key, ie Colt Light and Forbes. Mr. Forbes is the TRUE PIONEER of the very accurate ultra light rifles! Again, I hope it happens.

RH
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
If true I hope it works out for both of them and me to that way i have someone to re build my present nula rifles in ten years
Posted By: drano 25 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/10/22
I have no doubt Wilson Combat 1911’s are fine firearms, I’ve shot a couple of them, but I would by an Ed Brown every time over them, and likely save a nice chunk of change in doing so. Heck, last I looked, a guy could by two of the phenomenal Dan Wesson Valors and still have cash left compared to a Wilson. My point is that everything I’ve seen with the Wilson combat name is overpriced, significantly. I’m an Arkansas guy, and like to see Arkansas companies, brands and people succeed, but if Wilson buys NULA, I expect prices to go up significantly.
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by drano 25
I have no doubt Wilson Combat 1911’s are fine firearms, I’ve shot a couple of them, but I would by an Ed Brown every time over them, and likely save a nice chunk of change in doing so. Heck, last I looked, a guy could by two of the phenomenal Dan Wesson Valors and still have cash left compared to a Wilson. My point is that everything I’ve seen with the Wilson combat name is overpriced, significantly. I’m an Arkansas guy, and like to see Arkansas companies, brands and people succeed, but if Wilson buys NULA, I expect prices to go up significantly.

A significantly more man-hours of labor go into a Wilson Combat than a Dan Wesson.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: NULA Rumor - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by tylerw02

A significantly more man-hours of labor go into a Wilson Combat than a Dan Wesson.

I've had both, both are fine weapons.

2 Wilson's remain, the DWs were sent to new homes.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: NULA Rumor - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by tylerw02

No doubt that’s true but at what point do you reach the point of diminishing returns? If 2 pistols shoot and perform equally well then what does one get for the additional man hours and astronomical price? I’m not knocking Wilson or any semi custom makers….. I’ve owned and sold several, I just never saw the $2000-3000 more as being worth it.imho
Posted By: 250Sav_age Re: NULA Rumor - 05/13/22
Good, maybe a NULA can break the $5k ceiling.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/13/22
Well, they aren't far of now.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: NULA Rumor - 05/13/22
Some appreciate the difference in fine rifles and pistols. Most get them to tell their friends. Same ones who buy products to go in their beards and pay someone to groom them.
Posted By: Hipshoot Re: NULA Rumor - 05/13/22
Nice RUG on the guy on the left-----LOOKS LIKE A DOOR MAT!

Maybe with a name like that it is -----A FLYING CARPET!
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: NULA Rumor - 05/13/22
Not a rumor!!! Wilson Combat purchased NULA in early April and is being moved to Arkansas, Don't ask me how I know!
Posted By: EdM Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Good news that the line will continue with a known quality builder.

Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
seems odd melvin would tell me to send my rifle in for a re barrel and we talked about the issues and pricing increases he is dealing with if the company was sold and this was yesterday
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by gene270
seems odd melvin would tell me to send my rifle in for a re barrel and we talked about the issues and pricing increases he is dealing with if the company was sold and this was yesterday

Maybe the deal was just struck and it won't close for a few months.....plenty of due diligence to be done.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Maybe it will work this time.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Not a rumor!!! Wilson Combat purchased NULA in early April and is being moved to Arkansas, Don't ask me how I know!
OK.

How do you know?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Interesting....
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
well we would be a month into the buy out and it would seem machines would be in shipment I would think to their new location not to mention crucibel steel got sold and douglas doesnt know when they will be getting stainless in for a barrel and that is what i want but melvin said send it and he is ordering other things to make guns....just seems odd but its not my business so i can only speculate
Posted By: Oakster Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Nothing was mentioned to me when I sent my gun in last month to Melvin. It will be a couple months turnaround because of the rebarrel job. He must be in business still that long at least. I was hoping to get a second one done, might not be enough time I guess.
Posted By: ejo Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Melvin does the rebarreling/conversions himself outside of NULA. That’s why you make the check out to him directly. I’m speculating but doubt Wilson will make the rifles using Melvins equipment and instead use cnc machines so Melvin can still continue to do work on NULAs.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Wilson will charge at least $5K for a “NULA”. I’m glad the end of Melvin won’t be the end of NULA. But damn.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by Hipshoot
Nice RUG on the guy on the left-----LOOKS LIKE A DOOR MAT!I think

Maybe with a name like that it is -----A FLYING CARPET!
It's been the same for a very long time.

He's an okay guy, I think.
Posted By: Darryle Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by Razorhog
They have a problem finding enough workers because background checks prohibit any felons. The class III stuff prohibits that.RH

I am looking forward to retiring soon as I get my medical condition taken care of, wonder what the pay rate and vacation schedule is like. I could relocate for the right gig, although the GF probably wouldn't like it.
Posted By: ilikeguns Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22

thats bs, and i know for a fact otherwise but am not at liberty to speak details
Originally Posted by ilikeguns

thats bs, and i know for a fact otherwise but am not at liberty to speak details

Lovely……….
Posted By: SKane Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22

My money is on the fella from West Virginia. wink
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22

We will see about the 27th of May at the NRA Convention.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: NULA Rumor - 05/14/22
Always interesting to read posts from people who absolutely know what's going on, and don't....

Had a 2-hour conversation with Melvin yesterday, but can't reveal the real deal for a little while.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Always interesting to read posts from people who absolutely know what's going on, and don't....

Had a 2-hour conversation with Melvin yesterday, but can't reveal the real deal for a little while.

I’m happy for Melvin that there is a deal. I hope the company will be in good hands and lives on for many years.
Posted By: Darryle Re: NULA Rumor - 05/15/22
I have no doubt Wilson Combat 1911’s are fine firearms, I’ve shot a couple of them, but I would by an Ed Brown every time over them, and likely save a nice chunk of change in doing so.

You do know Ed Brown's 1911s are every bit as expensive and reliable/accurate as the WC 1911s right?

Surely you would at least go to Brown's website and verify the utter BS you are spewing.

I have a Wilson CQB Compact that I have had for years, back when they were sub $2500 it was gifted to me by my uncle before he passed, I have owned full size Wilson, Baer and Brown, and sadly let them go for trivial unjustified reasons related to either weight or size.

To try and put DW or any other mass produced 1911 up against any of the top shelf 1911 builders is ludicrous at best, but I would put DW and S&W 1911s up there above a myriad of other options.

FTR, I wouldn't put Kimber in the same basket as a Philippines made RIA, I have had a dozen of those over priced and unreliable turds and was disappointed every damn time.
Posted By: EdM Re: NULA Rumor - 05/15/22
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

I’m happy for Melvin that there is a deal. I hope the company will be in good hands and lives on for many years.

Yep.
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/15/22
I was just about to place an order for a short Model 20.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/15/22
well if he takes your order your good to go i would think
Posted By: David_Walter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/17/22
I doubt the quality will suffer if NULA is taken over by WC.

I have lots of WC products and haven’t found one that I’m unhappy with.

I’d expect a production rifle of the same quality as a Barrett Fieldcraft.
Posted By: Razorhog Re: NULA Rumor - 05/17/22
I agree David.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I’d expect a production rifle of the same quality as a Barrett Fieldcraft.

What would you expect for a price?
Posted By: David_Walter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/17/22
Don't know, but if I were Bill, I'd benchmark it off the MAP for the Fieldcraft when in production, or the Seekins Havak.

He seems to have mass manufacture of precision parts down pretty well, and is savvy on market conditions.

Even if the buyer is not WC, I hope Bill jumps into the Fray.
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: NULA Rumor - 05/19/22

The event time table has been changed. Now scheduled to happen this coming Monday.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/19/22
so where will we see or here about this event
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
Amazing how people can be so adamant about being right, when one or the other is obviously wrong.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
I like all the secrecy and 'ask me how I know', 'not at liberty to say', and 'cant reveal the real deal' stuff. Do you guys have a secret skwirl society, complete with handshake? Maybe a cool clubhouse? Is Darla involved?....
Posted By: Big Stick Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
Hopefully they are S/S and realized. Hint...............
Posted By: EdM Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
And all I posted was a rumor...
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
OK, here's what I know, from a 2-hour conversation with Melvin a few days ago. Am getting weary of hearing different stuff--which will all be public soon anyway.

Bill Wilson has basically purchased NULA. The rifle production will be moved to his factory in Arkansas. For those wo don't know Wilson Combat, they make very high-quality 1911 Colt-based handguns, AR rifles, and (more recently) pump shotguns. Have shot their handguns and ARs considerably, but not the shotguns.

Bill was already thinking of adding a bolt-action rifle to the line-up, and when Melvin decided to semi-retire made a deal to produce NULAs in his Arkansas plant, which has CNC machinery. He'll be able to produce them quicker, and very well. Melvin has already sent the mechanical drawings to Bill.

The NULA back-up service will remain in West Virginia. This includes any modification of existing NULA rifles, or upgrades in Colt Light or Forbes Rifles. Melvin said they usually have about a dozen Colt Light Rifles on hand for upgrades.
Hopefully S/S and (5) fasteners remain a fixture. Pun intended. Hint..................
Posted By: Judman Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
Nah hopefully they keep it 4, with Talley lw’s. For folks that actually “hunt” and don’t wander around black bears ascairt throwing their rifles around like stupid cuunts… 👊🏻
Some folks actually shoot wares that exist,while those far less fortunate "get" to Google and Pretend aloud. Hint.............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
It doesn’t “exist “ yet dummy. 😅😂
Brokedicks HILARIOUSLY "convince" themselves of many things,as they Google their Imagination and Pretend. Hint.

The blueprint is more than a "touch" established,as The Splendid Pixels convey and obscene round counts correlate. Hint..................
Your bitch/whine hasn’t happened yet. No one is interested in a trout rifle, except you.

Now is when you really spill your guts and brag about “Pards” shootin train cars at 1400 with the fixed 6 big stick dumbfuuck imagination and pretend!!! Haha 😂😂
You could always start a Thread,if/when you "saw" your FIRST one. Hint.

Slow day,only one new rifle and one new scope(thus far)...though more than a "bit" of Mail remains. You be sure to stay tuned,Whine aloud and relish in your Brokedicktitude,despite it being your only "move". Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
“Established” haha you poor washed up worthless “bushelor”.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pardon usin the 22 cm, more than a few times. 75’s for folks that actually “hunt”.. 😂👍👊🏻
Keep up, lil Kim I’m sure has her ass up in the air, and the fat tongued window licker is shiitin himself in your lap, while you dream up your next escapade…. 😂😂
Posted By: robertham1 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by Judman
Nah hopefully they keep it 4, with Talley lw’s. For folks that actually “hunt” and don’t wander around black bears ascairt throwing their rifles around like stupid cuunts… 👊🏻

Jud-

Being D&T’d with 5 holes won’t negate the use of talleys, if that’s going to be a deal breaker for you.

'1,

She'd need a co-signer for the down payment. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Oh stop it liar LarryO, if I were a flumbling bumbling hard core cuunt like you, 5 might be worth a breath. Sorry, I just hunt. Haha

You do crack me up though!!! Haha

The kelpbed beach huntin chronicles never disappoint!!! Least the “ Pards” on the slope can give you the report!!! Lmfao
Robert, it’s plumb amazing that you don’t have to use all the holes!!
Keep hunting for the funds,but until then,you can gawk The Splendid Piixels and use your Imagination to Pretend that you "could too". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: ilikeguns Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22

The event time table has been changed. Now scheduled to happen this coming Monday.

these time tables are comical and are both news to Melvin. its amazing how your in the loop with your finger on the pulse of the deal and one of the parties involved in the deal is oblivious to them.
Posted By: Marley7x57 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
OK, here's what I know, from a 2-hour conversation with Melvin a few days ago. Am getting weary of hearing different stuff--which will all be public soon anyway.

Bill Wilson has basically purchased NULA. The rifle production will be moved to his factory in Arkansas. For those wo don't know Wilson Combat, they make very high-quality 1911 Colt-based handguns, AR rifles, and (more recently) pump shotguns. Have shot their handguns and ARs considerably, but not the shotguns.

Bill was already thinking of adding a bolt-action rifle to the line-up, and when Melvin decided to semi-retire made a deal to produce NULAs in his Arkansas plant, which has CNC machinery. He'll be able to produce them quicker, and very well. Melvin has already sent the mechanical drawings to Bill.

The NULA back-up service will remain in West Virginia. This includes any modification of existing NULA rifles, or upgrades in Colt Light or Forbes Rifles. Melvin said they usually have about a dozen Colt Light Rifles on hand for upgrades.

Rather surprised it took Bill so long to get around building bolt action rifles. He has had accomplished builder(s) employed for a good while there. I look forward to seeing the finished product from WC.
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22

Mule Deer, You have it correct. Official news was to be released at the NRA Convention in Houston about the 27th but that has been changed.
Posted By: Teal Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
I would expect a quality rifle from Wilson. Been a fan of theirs a while and I should have bought a pile of them when I was younger.

Ed Brown used to build rifles too for a bit didn't he?
Posted By: ilikeguns Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
yes mule deer is correct and Melvin also was sending a rifle with the blueprints. as of yesterday nobody told Melvin of the may 27 date, or any announcement date.
Posted By: robertham1 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by Judman
Robert, it’s plumb amazing that you don’t have to use all the holes!!

You certainly don’t have to, but dammit I tried.

Tried a few different ring/rail combinations to utilize the 5 screw option but all were just a C.H. too high. So talleys it is
Posted By: Marley7x57 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by Teal
I would expect a quality rifle from Wilson. Been a fan of theirs a while and I should have bought a pile of them when I was younger.

Ed Brown used to build rifles too for a bit didn't he?

Yes he did and they were of excellent quality. Afraid he stopped because 1911 paid more.
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Due to our recent purchase of the New Ultralight Arms (NULA) assets there will be a super lightweight high quality 300 HAM'R built on a mini action this fall available from Wilson Combat.

NULA

www.wilsoncombat.com

Is this enough proof for the non-believers? The information came from THE TEXAS HUNTING FORUM.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Fhuqk ALL the "proprietary" Goat Fhuqk Bullschit and simply offer a 7" RPM 223 with 2.600" COAL and i'll happily take mine with (5) 8x40's in the roof. Hint.

Then go 224and 243 Grendel,both in 7" RPM. Hint.................
Posted By: David_Walter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
I have and enjoy my 300 HAMR AR, but have a hard time seeing the advantages in a bolt gun, especially when the 6mm ARC/PPC is available in a bolt gun?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fhuqk ALL the "proprietary" Goat Fhuqk Bullschit and simply offer a 7" RPM 223 with 2.600" COAL and i'll happily take mine with (5) 8x40's in the roof. Hint.

Big time +1 on the 223. Would be the best thing going if it's run as a production model.

The 224 & 243, though very interesting rounds, are a bit "proprietary" for me....6.5 Grendel all the way before those two if it's production.

5x on the screws would be a plus regardless if someone goes rail or just rings. Extra connection on one and extra spacing on the other.

Would love to see the action stainless but can live with CM on it...if I have to. For me, I can't desire the barrel to be anything besides stainless.
I'd greedily take a 22 BR and 6 BR too. Hint.

A Featherweight 224 Grendel in 7" RPM,stoked with 88gr .545 BC Smooches,is rather sumptin' to behold. Hint.

The 22 PPC Alaska Fhuqking Improved is a MAGNIFICENT chambering and then some. Hint..................
Posted By: ilikeguns Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Due to our recent purchase of the New Ultralight Arms (NULA) assets there will be a super lightweight high quality 300 HAM'R built on a mini action this fall available from Wilson Combat.

NULA

www.wilsoncombat.com

Is this enough proof for the non-believers? The information came from THE TEXAS HUNTING FORUM.

your trying to hard to be relevant bud, its already been established that the deal is in the works, im sure its in lawyers hands at the moment, but the early april purchase date was bogus, it wasn't offered until late April and agreed upon in may. the may 27 purchase notification press release date is bogus, it was never discussed with melvin and still hasn't been as of Thursday, no money has changed hands. its funny how people spew bs to be relevant. ive heard it from one of the horses mouths and he is laughing at this thread and the nonsense people outside the loop are saying.
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22

NULA

www.wilsoncombat.com

your trying to hard to be relevant bud, its already been established that the deal is in the works, im sure its in lawyers hands at the moment, but the early april purchase date was bogus, it wasn't offered until late April and agreed upon in may. the may 27 purchase notification press release date is bogus, it was never discussed with melvin and still hasn't been as of Thursday, no money has changed hands. its funny how people spew bs to be relevant. ive heard it from one of the horses mouths and he is laughing at this thread and the nonsense people outside the loop are saying.

ilikeguns, would you care to call or email Mr. Wilson? I can give you his number and his email.
Posted By: ilikeguns Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
what for? will he be able to verify your relevance in the conversation? the facts are out there now. bill Wilson bought nula we know that. i don't need "the texas hunting forum" you speak of to get my info or a link to wilsons website with no info about nula in it. i personally know Melvin, i know what's happening, and the statement is now up on nulas website. not may 27 as you predicted, not Monday as you predicted. don't spread misinformation your as bad as cnn
Posted By: BWilson Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22

NULA

www.wilsoncombat.com

ilikeguns, I'm not sure where you "think" you are getting accurate information, but you are not!!!

My wife and I spent a VERY enjoyable day and evening meal with Melvin and Patty on Apr 20 and pretty much agreed on a deal, then the following Mon we came to an agreement over the PH.

A asset purchase agreement was signed and money has changed hands. Melvin has sent us sample parts, prints, various IP and has been great to work with helping us rapidly move forward on this project. The website has been turned over to us and has substantial edits including a nice quote on the home pg from Melvin and WC is now listed as the contact.

WC employees will be in WV receiving training from Melvin and his team within the next couple of weeks. We are trying to fast track this project so we have fill a substantial number of orders Melvin turned over to us and get the product into the marketplace. Melvin and team are completing all the guns they had in process at the time of the purchase. Also Melvin's team will continue to service the Colt and Forbes rifles.

Bill Wilson, President/CEO Wilson Combat
ilikeguns, BTY DALLDER is a good friend and part of our local shooting group here in NE TX
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Congratulations on the purchase and best of luck moving forward.

Will you be offering a full stainless version once the transition is completed?
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Not initially, we're going to focus on the M20S and M20 built to Melvin's spec in the calibers listed on the website first, then add the M24, etc.. However a SS version is something I'd really like to eventually do since the team in our machine shops love cutting stainless.
Posted By: Darryle Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Originally Posted by BWilson
Not initially, we're going to focus on the M20S and M20 built to Melvin's spec in the calibers listed on the website first, then add the M24, etc.. However a SS version is something I'd really like to eventually do since the team in our machine shops love cutting stainless.

What version will you offer in 300 Ham'r? You mentioned a mini action?

I am excited to get one of those

Edit: Saw the 20 Short
Posted By: Razorhog Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Congrats Bill from a fellow NW Arky! Looking forward to the next level ss ultralights!
Originally Posted by Darryle

What version will you offer in 300 Ham'r? You mentioned a mini action?

I am excited to get one of those

Edit: Saw the 20 Short

Same 20S Melvin has been building will be available in .223 Wylde, 300 HAM'R and .350 Legend. If the 6mm ARC truly takes off and there is ever ammo available we'll probably add it too
'Wilson,

It is always GREAT news,when someone who actually fhuqking shoots and understands same,gets to hold the reigns. Colt likes to Hilariously prove same,if only on accident and to their great chagrin. Hint.

The 6 ARC abounds,with ammo literally falling offa shelves and I've yet to see a box of HAM'R or Legend ammo upon same. If you can divulge,what do you factor '20 Short COAL confines to be? It'll be best in ARC and BR,by miles. Hint.

My fingers are crossed for the advent of same,wearing a S/S receiver,as they will simply fly off the fhuqking shelf. Here's hoping the transition is fluid and fast,if only for my selfish reasons to obtain multiples same...............
Posted By: Raferman Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
'Wilson,

It is always GREAT news,when someone who actually fhuqking shoots and understands same,gets to hold the reigns. Colt likes to Hilariously prove same,if only on accident and to their great chagrin. Hint.

The 6 ARC abounds,with ammo literally falling offa shelves and I've yet to see a box of HAM'R or Legend ammo upon same. If you can divulge,what do you factor '20 Short COAL confines to be? It'll be best in ARC and BR,by miles. Hint.

My fingers are crossed for the advent of same,wearing a S/S receiver,as they will simply fly off the fhuqking shelf. Here's hoping the transition is fluid and fast,if only for my selfish reasons to obtain multiples same...............
Dont scare him off man.
Lol
Posted By: Corder3825 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
If you are wondering about the rumors you may have heard. Here is the story. Yes Melvin has sold New Ultra Light Arms to Bill Wilson at Wilson Combat. If you are worried about not being able to get your rifles serviced don’t worry I am going to be taking over that part out of the same building that we were in. Under a different name of course.

https://newultralightarms.com
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
My head is spinning………lol

I hope Elon doesn’t decide to invest in WC as it sounds like Mr Bill has a handle on things.
Former 20 Short COAL was 2.500",which will work for some folks in 223,even in Wylde. Given the advent in projectiles,I want a shorter case,which allows greater projectile length and that negates same from the race. Hint.

Going Grendel or BR,simply kicks windows of opportunity open and that COAL will happily feed them all. BR here,with .224" Beer Can and .243" Sugar 110 SMK,if only for conversation,at said COAL. Hint.

Keeping ogives at neck/shoulder juncture,paints a rather purty picture(assuming throat geometry is sound) and a 7BR would be Skookum. Hint.

Just sayin'.................
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Bill,
please keep the rimfire in the line up at some point .....thanks

Bill,
Thank you for the reply. SS would motivate quite a few up here and elsewhere I’d imagine. Best of luck with the new endeavor.
Bill,
please keep the rimfire in the line up at some point .....thanks

Unfortunately,the Rimfires are epic pieces of fhuqking schit,as feed/function goes and all of it is mag/catch related. Hint.

Do the right schit right and let The Fluff be forgotten. Hint............
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
i guess I was one of the lucky ones mine shoots and function with ease
Bill,

I emailed Tressa about my willingness to donate some time in testing a prototype 6mm ARC bolt gun.

She’s an enabler that way.

Although I get the feeling testers for your rifles are either in-house, or lined up pretty deep.

In any case, count me in for a 6mm ARC bolt gun when you start down that road.

The 6mm ARC I built with WC parts into a hunting AR for my wife is a better shooter than either of us.

I can see a 300 HAMR bolt gun if done with a 16-1/4” threaded barrel with a shoulder to land a suppressor.

That would be pretty handy.

I came to WC late in life, but am addicted now.

David

Same 20S Melvin has been building will be available in .223 Wylde, 300 HAM'R and .350 Legend. If the 6mm ARC truly takes off and there is ever ammo available we'll probably add it too
I've only been around halfa dozen or so Mel Rimfires and they are fhuqking dismal in feed/function/deformation. Hint.

Flipside. Hint.

Though in fairness,I've only (4) Vudoo's which are fhuqking flawless and a Dozen plus Annie 54's,which also pale in feed/function. Hint...................
‘Stick,

Thoughts on the Bergera mini action BMR 22 LR?
Pass the S/S RAR in a Boyd's(though they now come in Rutlidge),in the parcel expressly designed for Ruger rotary mags,by them who designed same. Hint..................(grin)

Just sayin'...............
Posted By: Darryle Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
I too would be interested in the 6mm ARC. I have a mini Howa 6.5 Grendel stripped action to convert, but an off the shelf option would be fantastic.
I've never even heard of the Howie Minie,let alone seen one...stripped or otherwise. Hint.

Give or fhuqking take. Hint.................
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
I'd be interested in knowing if the stocks will be made the same way and whether the barrels will be full-length bedded.
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
I'd be interested in knowing if the stocks will be made the same way and whether the barrels will be full-length bedded.

Good questions and I’d hope nothing will change. A NULA without that stock design/manufacturing isn’t the same gun.

I’d also hope the left handed versions will continue?

Yes and yes
Posted By: SKane Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Bill,

Congratulations on this latest endeavor. And best of luck to your team.
Will the pricing be similar, higher or lower...or is it too early to say at this stage?
Posted By: lubbockdave Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
Dood, I just sent an order in for a Nula about 4 weeks back-wonder what this is going to do to my order?
Will the pricing be similar, higher or lower...or is it too early to say at this stage?

For now we've left retail the same. We will sell through dist/dealer/retail so street price will probably be less. That said, we hope to be able to lower the retail once we know our costs. We will be mfg the actions and barrels in much larger qty than Melvin has in the past on high efficiency CNC/EDM machines so this should lower costs.
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Dood, I just sent an order in for a Nula about 4 weeks back-wonder what this is going to do to my order?

All current orders have been turned over to WC to fill with the exception of 11 or so guns that Melvin already had in process at the time of the sale.
And the lefty version is…….??
Originally Posted by Corder3825
If you are wondering about the rumors you may have heard. Here is the story. Yes Melvin has sold New Ultra Light Arms to Bill Wilson at Wilson Combat. If you are worried about not being able to get your rifles serviced don’t worry I am going to be taking over that part out of the same building that we were in. Under a different name of course.

https://newultralightarms.com
Great to hear Z!
👍
Bill thanks for answering my questions. After you have been producing these rifles for a little while, besides the option of a stainless steel action (even though I prefer a chrome-moly action and stainless barrel) another option may be a hinged floor-plate design. Although this would add a few ounces, the rifles would still be extremely light. But as I said, only as an option to the blind internal magazine. Thank you.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22

All current orders have been turned over to WC to fill with the exception of 11 or so guns that Melvin already had in process at the time of the sale.
Mr. Wilson how much are you geusstimating a base line mod 20 in .308 will cost once you get up and running efficently production wise.
Prices on them I have surfed on the web are outrageous right now honestly.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
I think a "Campfire Special" build and group order would be a great way to kick things off!
Especially when the stainless actions are ready for production!
+1 on the campfire special
Posted By: HalH Re: NULA Rumor - 05/21/22
B Wilson

Thanks for keeping the NULA line of rifle alive.
Wish you the best of luck on your new adventure.

Hal
Posted By: Kaleb Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by renegade50

Mr. Wilson how much are you geusstimating a base line mod 20 in .308 will cost once you get up and running efficently production wise.

Come on. Even if he knows at this point do you really expect a price release on a product that isn’t even made yet?
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22

For now we've left retail the same. We will sell through dist/dealer/retail so street price will probably be less. That said, we hope to be able to lower the retail once we know our costs. We will be mfg the actions and barrels in much larger qty than Melvin has in the past on high efficiency CNC/EDM machines so this should lower costs.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
ilikeguns, I'm not sure where you "think" you are getting accurate information, but you are not!!!

Love it. He sure was acting cocky. Bet that will pipe him down.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Mr Wilson, its fabulous to see you taking time to post on this forum and keep your finger on the pulse. Its great to know a good thing Mr. Forbes created has potential to be even greater. This is especially refreshing given the shelving of the Fieldcraft. I'll be a customer I'm sure. The best of luck to you.
Posted By: DropTyne Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Mr. Wilson, do you foree offering fully customized options like what has been offered by NULA is the past?

Good luck with the new venture!
Posted By: LBP Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22

Bill, what about the left hand versions? I currently have 2 but could use another one or three.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Posted By: Judman Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Mr Wilson, its fabulous to see you taking time to post on this forum and keep your finger on the pulse. Its great to know a good thing Mr. Forbes created has potential to be even greater. This is especially refreshing given the shelving of the Fieldcraft. I'll be a customer I'm sure. The best of luck to you.

Yep👊🏻
Posted By: haverluk Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Mr. Wilson,

I know that you and your team will do it right but please keep the option for a custom LOP.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
agree with that fieldcraft and forbes had a 14 lop and the new nula is 13....isnt 13.5 standard for a lot of gun manufacturers
13.5 is pretty standard but I think 13 is better than 14. I would think with a deposit put down ordering the lop you want would be fairly easy to arrange. A deposit and patience should get the stock and barrel length you wish. I wouldn’t expect a bunch of different chamberings contours and such.
i dont think so....looks like they come with barrel lengths but that is it if you look at the web site.....more of a production than custom specially if they go thru dealers...but it is early in this journey
I hear a bunch of guys who, for the most part, didn't order a NULA when Melvin was in charge bitching about custom options when, for the most part, they won't order a NULA when Wilson is in charge.
I haven’t read anything that would be considered bitching.

Other than the dust up on who knew what first nothing but nice things and questions have been posted.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Hopefully you'll be able to get whatever your willing to pay for from Wilson Combat. That is unless Wilson Combat decides to sell the NULA at Barrett Fieldcraft prices, then you get what you get.
not sure if the bitchn applies to me but you would be wrong in the assumption if so...not bitchn just stating and i am glad the rifle line continues and Melvin is still working on the older ones
Posted By: sheephunter2 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Roger that Gene. You hit the nail on the head.
i will add something for Mr Wilson to consider
i have a few nula rifles and with the current trend of larger turrets on scopes the ejection angle seems to always throw the brass up into the scope...it seemed the fieldcraft rifles handled this better with a different ejector location and may be something to consider....thanks
Gene, my post was not directed at you, just after yours in the queue.
If that means mine it’s a foolish comment. No one has bitched about anything. If you consider any of the conversations in this thread as bitching I’m sure you have hurt feelings pretty often.
Posted By: EdM Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
And once again a thread heads south... Just what makes the "Bill Wilson's" of the industry want to participate.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by EdM
And once again a thread heads south... Just what makes the "Bill Wilson's" of the industry want to participate.

I guess this isn’t the time to ask about the muzzleloader’s future? Lol
Posted By: BWilson Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22

Unfortunately a LONG ways down the road
Bill thanks for answering my questions. After you have been producing these rifles for a little while, besides the option of a stainless steel action (even though I prefer a chrome-moly action and stainless barrel) another option may be a hinged floor-plate design. Although this would add a few ounces, the rifles would still be extremely light. But as I said, only as an option to the blind internal magazine. Thank you.

All of our barrels are stainless and we're already looking at a bottom metal (Aluminum) version as we convert paper prints to CAD
Originally Posted by renegade50

It's just too early to know what our costs will be and also how much raw materials will cost when we get into production, but I'm hoping we can reduce the price some.

As I posted earlier, we will sell via dist/dealer/retail so actual "street" price will certainly be less.
Originally Posted by CarolinaHunter
Mr. Wilson, do you foree offering fully customized options like what has been offered by NULA is the past?

Good luck with the new venture!

Yes, after all WC is a custom company, but we have to walk before we can run
Originally Posted by haverluk
Mr. Wilson,

I know that you and your team will do it right but please keep the option for a custom LOP.

It is an option, but when we build a gun to sell it will have a 13" LOP

I'm not sure there is a industry "standard" on LOP, throughout all brands 12.5, 13, 13.25, 13.5 and 14 are all used.

Personally I like short and lightweight guns (all my ARs have a 12.5" LOP carbon fiber stock or has the adj stock set at 12.5". If you feel 13" is too short, just move your support hand slightly further up the forearm which will bring the butt back into your shoulder.
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Some rifle stocks such as on Remingtons get away with a 13.5" LOP by having the pistol grip relatively close to the trigger which results in the trigger finger having a large bend in it, however this design keeps the thumb far enough away from your nose under recoil and also gives a reasonably long distance from the front of the pistol grip to the recoil pad. Other brands eg some European brands have the pistol grip further away from the trigger and your trigger finger is not bent as much...however if these stocks had a 13.5" length of pull, the thumb gets too close to your nose, and the distance from the front of the pistol grip to the recoil pad is shorter... so a longer LOP is better on these designs of stocks. The point I'm making is that the ideal LOP for any particular individual varies according to the design of the stock. Note I am addressing this to those who say they like a certain LOP.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Hat's off to Mr. Wilson. Looking forward to their availability and getting hands on one.
Mr. Wilson,

I'm not sure there is a industry "standard" on LOP, throughout all brands 12.5, 13, 13.25, 13.5 and 14 are all used.

Personally I like short and lightweight guns (all my ARs have a 12.5" LOP carbon fiber stock or has the adj stock set at 12.5". If you feel 13" is too short, just move your support hand slightly further up the forearm which will bring the butt back into your shoulder.

I understand why a "standard" LOP would be appropriate for a production rifle. I am 6'6" and prefer a 14.5 to 15" LOP for all-around use on a bolt rifle. Anything under 14" is uncomfortably short using that same shooting style you have described above. My current NULA M20 in 308 has a 14.5" LOP and is comfortable but would not want it any shorter. A custom / semi-custom was the main draw for many to Melvin's rifles. The ability to get a LW rifle that fit me was a huge draw for me.

The Colt light rifle, Forbes and Barrett iterations were production rifles. The Barrett was the only successful rifle IMO. I also appreciate the Kimber Montana rifles but it fits my 6 and 8 year old kids better as a "youth" rifles than it does me as a large adult man.

I know that you will make awesome rifles for the masses but I hope that does not alienate the folks that came to Melvin for a custom rifle not just a lightweight rifle.
Mr. Wilson,

I understand why a "standard" LOP would be appropriate for a production rifle. I am 6'6" and prefer a 14.5 to 15" LOP for all-around use on a bolt rifle. Anything under 14" is uncomfortably short using that same shooting style you have described above. My current NULA M20 in 308 has a 14.5" LOP and is comfortable but would not want it any shorter. A custom / semi-custom was the main draw for many to Melvin's rifles. The ability to get a LW rifle that fit me was a huge draw for me.

The Colt light rifle, Forbes and Barrett iterations were production rifles. The Barrett was the only successful rifle IMO. I also appreciate the Kimber Montana rifles but it fits my 6 and 8 year old kids better as a "youth" rifles than it does me as a large adult man.

I know that you will make awesome rifles for the masses but I hope that does not alienate the folks that came to Melvin for a custom rifle not just a lightweight rifle.

As posted before, custom LOP is available, see "Standard Features/Customization" at the Rifle tab on the website under the M20 spec
Posted By: David_Walter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Any plans on threaded barrels set up for suppressors?

As I mentioned earlier, a short 300 HAMR threaded would check a lot of boxes
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Bill,
Sorry to inundate with questions.
Will one still be able to select contour, or is that a down the road possibility?
Thanks.
Any plans on threaded barrels set up for suppressors?

As I mentioned earlier, a short 300 HAMR threaded would check a lot of boxes

Guys, please check out NEWULTRALIGHTARMS.COM before asking ?s, many of the questions I've answered so far are answered on the web site.
Mr. Wilson,

As posted before, custom LOP is available, see "Standard Features/Customization" at the Rifle tab on the website under the M20 spec

Mr. Wilson, Thank you for the clarification! I misinterpreted your initial response.
Posted By: sidepass Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
ilikeguns got real quiet. Was hoping to get the real scoop from someone in the know.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Copy. I was looking on the WC site.

All the questions asked by me and others are answered on the NEWULTRALIGHTARMS.COM site.

Hit “MENU” and drive the site from there.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22
Mr. Wilson,

Well that puts me out of the market. I am comfortable with a 14" LOP. I have one rifle with a 13.5" LOP and I feel like I'm going to get scoped.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22

All the questions asked by me and others are answered on the NEWULTRALIGHTARMS.COM site.

I didn’t see a contour option, but I’ll admit I may have overlooked it.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22

Unfortunately a LONG ways down the road

Oh c’mon man,

No lefty’s for a while?

Love my lefty Protector.
Posted By: lubbockdave Re: NULA Rumor - 05/22/22

yea-I was looking at the wilson as well...
why does that put you out of the market...you need to read more of this thread and go to the web site a custom lop is 50 dollars extra but available
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
I know this is the 24hr Campfire, but there is no reason to be snarky.

The website says that, yes, and when I talked to Mr. Forbes a year ago I could have the LOP I wanted, but Mr. Wilson just wrote he is now sticking with 13" and to adjust your hold if that is too short. So yes I have been following the thread. It does look as though if a person orders one he/she can get a LOP they want, but those that are sold retail will have a 13" LOP. If that is incorrect please correct.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
Brother, this is the Land-of-Snarky.

It just is.

Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I know this is the 24hr Campfire, but there is no reason to be snarky.
Posted By: Bugger Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
13” LOP is short for me! I would not be interested in a rifle with that sort of LOP.
Posted By: Alessio Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
Originally Posted by Bugger
13” LOP is short for me! I would not be interested in a rifle with that sort of LOP.

Were you interested in NULAs 8 days ago when they offered customs lengths?

All last week I was so excited to call Melvin this morning and place my order for an 18" .308. On Saturday night I decided to do some reading and learned I won't be talking to Melvin after all.

For me the, the first $2400 was the rifle itself while the second $2400 was getting an original work of art by a master. Not sure how I feel now that Melvin's hands won't be involved.

I wonder if the sale will trigger some NULAs coming out of the safes and onto the auction sites for 'cast & see' prices?
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
Yeah, I know.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
So all model 20’s are going to be #1 contour?
Posted By: BWilson Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
OK, did some research on this LOP issue that so many seem to have their panties in a wad over.....

We currently have 80 guns on order, the requested LOP ranges from 12.5" to 14.25" with an average of 13.39" with the most frequently ordered LOP being 13.25"

So we're going to change the "standard" LOP to 13.25"

As to contours we are working on that, but will probably be something kinda between a #1 and #2. On lightweight AR barrels we've had good accuracy with straight contour barrels as thin as a .150" sidewall (Example: .308 .610" dia.). With the popularity of threaded muzzles we'll obviously have to increase the diameter before the threads on a .610" barrel up to .740" like we do on AR barrels to allow for a shoulder if threaded 5/8-24.

Thanks for the interest and please be patient, as more info becomes available we will update the NULA website.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
hang in their Bill its the internet where you can get information if you want or be snarky i guess...but thanks for keeping a great rifle platform alive
Posted By: JPro Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
For decades, Remington used 13 3/8" as standard on the 700. Always seemed like a sensible number. Right on your 13.39" average. Depending on stock design, 13.2-13.6" seems sensible as a standard starting point.
Posted By: Alessio Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
Just got off the phone with Lamar at Wilson Combat. If they have someone this patient and knowledgeable answering phones I would bet it is a reflection of their culture of hiring and training.

After speaking with Lamar, I'm super optimistic NULA fans are in great hands with WC. The WC emploees just found out about this last week so Lamar has to get back to me on a couple questions before placing my order.

Imagine if Melvin sold to Kel-Tec.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
Don’t run Mr Wilson off now. LOL
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
hang in their Bill its the internet where you can get information if you want or be snarky i guess...but thanks for keeping a great rifle platform alive

+1

And thank you for the reply regarding contour.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
We live in the salad days of bullet, powder and rifle technology.

It great to be alive.
Posted By: elkrazy Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
I vote to add 6mm ARC to the short 20s -- I would be in line ASAP
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
Something about WC's purchase and Bill being a former watchmaker gives me great comfort about NULA's future. I am, however, hoping that a Lefty isn't too far off in the distance. Well done, Melvin and Bill.

cf
Posted By: bwinters Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
Glad to hear this.

As to 13.25" LOP - spot on perfect for me. The last several McM stocks have all been 13.25 LOP.

I could get real excited about a 284 Win in shortish action.
Posted By: Bugger Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
13.25" is still a little short. I've been adding 1" recoil pads on Remington stocks. I'd prefer 14" or more myself
Posted By: Tarquin Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
OK, did some research on this LOP issue that so many seem to have their panties in a wad over.....

We currently have 80 guns on order, the requested LOP ranges from 12.5" to 14.25" with an average of 13.39" with the most frequently ordered LOP being 13.25"

So we're going to change the "standard" LOP to 13.25"

As to contours we are working on that, but will probably be something kinda between a #1 and #2. On lightweight AR barrels we've had good accuracy with straight contour barrels as thin as a .150" sidewall (Example: .308 .610" dia.). With the popularity of threaded muzzles we'll obviously have to increase the diameter before the threads on a .610" barrel up to .740" like we do on AR barrels to allow for a shoulder if threaded 5/8-24.

Thanks for the interest and please be patient, as more info becomes available we will update the NULA website.

Looking forward to your influence on the rifle. The NULA stock is 7-8 oz. more than the Manners Classic Ultralight. That's weight that could go into the barrel. Also, with a no. 1 or even no. 2 contour barrel, the fore-end has waaay too much meat around the barrel as it does around the action. Be great if you could slim up the stock a bit.

TIA and good luck.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/23/22
if weight was the only thing i was concerned with maybe...but i want the stock to have a good feel to it also....just my 2 cents
Posted By: Kaleb Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
13.25" is still a little short. I've been adding 1" recoil pads on Remington stocks. I'd prefer 14" or more myself

Have you read anything? You can still order your lop. I think most reply before reading anything.
Posted By: AKduck Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
I appreciate Mr. Wilson taking the time to come here and clear things up. I have no doubt WC will make a good product.

Hopefully the glue eaters don’t run him off.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
if weight was the only thing i was concerned with maybe...but i want the stock to have a good feel to it also....just my 2 cents
Agree with gene. We all have opinions. I wouldn’t change a thing except making the action stainless. The appeal of the nula is feel and balance.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Yep. The order form has your choice of LOP. Lmao
Posted By: Bugger Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Have you read anything? You can still order your lop. I think most reply before reading anything.

I understand you can get what you want when you order. My comment was just a comment. I don’t like short stocks.
Posted By: Alessio Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
How many of you are going to wait for the stainless receiver and barrel version?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by Alessio
How many of you are going to wait for the stainless receiver and barrel version?
Guilty.
Posted By: LBP Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
I have two NULA’s currently and have owned four in total. While I’m excited that Wilson Combat will continue Melvin’s rifle, I’m going to miss the full custom options that have always been a hallmark of the line.
Posted By: bwinters Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
This is going to sound heretical but......

I wish the M20 was a tad heavier. A 5lb rifle in 284 or 308 might be a tad sporty. I've never shot one but have heard from more than 1 owner the perceived recoil is less than it would seem. I've been toying with building/buying another 0.284 cartridge and the 284 win always seemed like a good choice. A 139 LRX in a 284 win would likely cover alot of ground wink

What is the mag box COAL on the M20? If I recall it's close to 3"?
Posted By: Kaleb Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
I’m late to the suppressor game but for me it’s changed my mind on just how I want to build a rifle.

I believe the barrel contour he’s talking about with the end to step up would be awesome. Light short and suppressed. I know many people do not want them but I do know anyone who has used them and stoped.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by bwinters

I wish the M20 was a tad heavier. A 5lb rifle in 284 or 308 might be a tad sporty. I've never shot one but have heard from more than 1 owner the perceived recoil is less than it would seem. I've been toying with building/buying another 0.284 cartridge and the 284 win always seemed like a good choice. A 139 LRX in a 284 win would likely cover alot of ground wink

The mag box is 3" on the M20's. I'm a big fan of them.

I've wished for a touch more forward balance from time to time but never wished for heavier overall when hunting. Since moving to other mounts/rings than TLW's and heavier scopes I've really not wished for any heavier on the rifle.

Kaleb mentioned suppressed shooting and I really like it when just "shooting" but I don't hunt with it. Suppressed has LOTS of advantages but I can't stand carrying them for anything other than a short walk. They do add forward balance so that is a consideration. Everyone has different preferences though....THE reason for a custom is getting exactly what you want.....and the trade off is more $.
Posted By: lotech Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by bwinters

I've been hunting with a NULA .308 for at least twelve years. It has a #1 22" barrel and it weighs just under 6 lbs. with a 6x36 Leupold. Recoil is noticeably less than I anticipated, even with 180 grain bullets and its not uncomfortable to shoot even off the bench. Whether it's stock design or something else, I don't know, but recoil is quite manageable. I can say the same for a NULA 28 in 7x61 Sharpe & Hart, but I had Mr. Forbes put a 26" #3 barrel on that one as I anticipated a heavy recoil. Recoil is not at all unpleasant. It weighs just under seven pounds with a 2.5x-8x Leupold.

I haven't measured the magazine box on the .308 in quite a while, but I know it can handle a longer OAL than other .308 magazines. It may be 3". I no longer do any load development with this rifle; I've settled on a Barnes 150 TTSX and H4895 powder. Works well on elk. OAL is conventional .308 at 2.81".
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
lotech,

The standard magazine boxes on Model 20s have been three inches long since Melvin started making them in the 1980s.
MD-Thanks for the confirmation. I thought that was right wasn't sure.
Posted By: bwinters Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Thanks John.
Posted By: USLA Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
I just ordered my first Nula. I spoke with Melvin yesterday after submitting a work order last week. I hope he builds my rifle. Is Melvin fulfilling the current orders? I see that many of the options I selected not available on the current website.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
so what did you order and what options if any did you get
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by USLA
I just ordered my first Nula. I spoke with Melvin yesterday after submitting a work order last week. I hope he builds my rifle. Is Melvin fulfilling the current orders? I see that many of the options I selected not available on the current website.

If you talked to Melvin yesterday, I’d hope you would have asked him who’s building it.
Posted By: USLA Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
I ordered a matte finish .308 Win. with a 22 inch number 1 contour barrel, in original forest camo. I didn’t know about the transfer of ownership. No fault of anyone, I have saved a long time to afford my dream gun. I have always wanted model 20 in forest camo made by Mr. Forbes.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
I ordered a matte finish .308 Win. with a 22 inch number 1 contour barrel, in original forest camo. I didn’t know about the transfer of ownership. No fault of anyone, I have saved a long time to afford my dream gun. I have always wanted model 20 in forest camo made by Mr. Forbes.

I’m sure you’ll be thrilled with it, congratulations.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
This whole discussion makes me wish I'd ordered the threaded Fieldcraft when I had the chance.

Those were (and still are) a whole lotta rifle for not a lotta money.
Posted By: Corder3825 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Did you get the 7x61 s&h about close to 2 years ago?
Did you get the 7x61 s&h about close to 2 years ago?
I've had it about ten years. It's on the third barrel which NULA installed about two years ago.
Posted By: Corder3825 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
I am the one who put the barrel on. That was one of my first working for Melvin.
Posted By: mathman Re: NULA Rumor - 05/24/22
Lotech, does that barrel shoot? grin
Posted By: EdM Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
I think I posted this before but a good video showing Wilson's current capabilities. Not your run of the mill "shop".

Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
looks like the stock will be the slowest part of the rifles....they sure have quite an investment in machines
Posted By: lotech Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
Originally Posted by mathman
Lotech, does that barrel shoot? grin
Yes, all three barrels have shot very well.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
https://www.fieldandstream.com/guns/melvin-forbes-sells-company/

Anyone seen this article by Richard Mann
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22

If you talked to Melvin yesterday, I’d hope you would have asked him who’s building it.

Like many others, you didn't bother to read the rest of the thread. The first Wilson rifles won't be showing up for several months.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
yeah but on page 5 Bill states all current orders are turned over to them to fill with only 11 remaining with Melvin to finish so a lot of things going on here that we are not privy to probably
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
I believe Bill said he has 80 orders to fill currently.
Posted By: Alessio Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
I need some help here.

The area around here is chapparal with dense thorn brush, sharp rocks, and nothing but 45 degree hills in all directions. I want an ultra-light, short oal rifle to put some foot miles on these brutal hills.

Trying to decide between a 16" or 18" NULA .308 Win.. I'm not too interested in a radial break as I don't want to kick up dirt when shooting prone off of a day pack. I also don't want a compensator blasting back at me or causing adjacent shooters' ears to bleed.

That leaves me with the noise, recoil, and blast from a 16" or 18" barrel or threading a 16" barrel and trying a titanium linear compensator. Some linears say they reduce recoil by 25% plus redirect noise and blast away from shooter and adjacent hunters/shooter.

I've hunted with nr33 ear plugs and Walker's Raptor Bone Conduction Bluetooth Electronic Hearing Enhancer so noise shouldn't be an issue. How brutal is the blast from an uncomp'd 16 or 18 inch .308?
Posted By: beretzs Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
I shoot an 18" AR in 7.62/308 quite alot and I don't find it bad myself, but I have shot short barreled rifles for a long time so maybe I am just accustomed to it. I'd think a bolt gun around 18" would be quite handy if built correctly and still very capable. Just my thoughts.
Posted By: BWilson Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
looks like the stock will be the slowest part of the rifles....they sure have quite an investment in machines

FYI, that video only shows our newest machine shop and a portion of another, we have 4 machine shops total in AR now with close to 90 CNC/EDM machines. Sister company Lehigh Defense has 19 Swiss CNC lathes running 24/7 in South Dakota also which will move to our new plant in NE TX this fall.
Originally Posted by beretzs
I shoot an 18" AR in 7.62/308 quite alot and I don't find it bad myself, but I have shot short barreled rifles for a long time so maybe I am just accustomed to it. I'd think a bolt gun around 18" would be quite handy if built correctly and still very capable. Just my thoughts.

I hunt almost exclusively with a suppressor on my guns and rarely shoot past 300yds (my average shot here on the ranch in NE TX is 80yds on hogs and 150yds on deer) and find that I don't give up much performance with 16.2" barrels. My personal rule of thumb is 14.5"-16.2" for suppressed and 18"-20" for non-suppressed guns. However, if I was out west or anywhere where 300yd+ shots were common I'd certainly go longer for the increased velocity and better trajectory.

As I get older I've found that I just don't like long heavy rifles anymore!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
I MUCH prefer a 19" 6BR to a 24" 308 in all regards,including performance. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps and the BR is a Giant Killer,to distances greater than double the cited. Hint............
I MUCH prefer a 19" 6BR to a 24" 308 in all regards,including performance. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps and the BR is a Giant Killer,to distances greater than double the cited. Hint............

Big Stick +1

#1 Bullet placement
#2 Bullet placement
#3 Bullet construction/weight/velocity for the application
#4 Caliber
Posted By: JakeDog Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22

Big Stick +1

#1 Bullet placement
#2 Bullet placement
#3 Bullet construction/weight/velocity for the application
#4 Caliber

A lot of hearts broke with that agreement.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22

Love the name on that rifle.
Posted By: CaptArab Re: NULA Rumor - 05/25/22
BWilson,

I've had a bunch of your stuff in my gun closet starting with hand massaged Colts with comps from WAY back in the day.

My 8" ham'r suppressed pistol walks the farm with me daily.

On to the NULA-

What'll get most of us here all hot n bothered is a 7 twist 223 that can kiss lands with a mag fed 88 ELD-M and 90 grain A-Tip.

Offer us that rifle in a threaded 16" and non-treaded 20" and you'll be the hero.

A factory 6BR and/or ARC is a close second for making dreams come true . . .

Congrats and best of luck 🤞
Posted By: beretzs Re: NULA Rumor - 05/26/22
Originally Posted by CaptArab
BWilson,

I've had a bunch of your stuff in my gun closet starting with hand massaged Colts with comps from WAY back in the day.

On to the NULA-

What'll get most of us here all hot n bothered is a 7 twist 223 that can kiss lands with a mag fed 88 ELD-M and 90 grain A-Tip.

Offer us that rifle in a threaded 16" and non-treaded 20" and you'll be the hero.

Amen my friend!
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: NULA Rumor - 05/26/22
BWilson,

On to the NULA-

Agreed, but I’d be even happier if it were 6.5” twist.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 05/26/22
BWilson,

On to the NULA-

Originally Posted by From_NULA_Rifle_Page
https://newultralightarms.com/?page_id=10

Model 20 SHORT

The magazine box is 2.5-inches long. The Ultimate Mountain Rifle is available for the following cartridges:

223 Remington (Wylde) with a 16-, 18, or 20-inch barrel

300 HAMR with a 16- or 18-inch barrel

350 Legend with a 16-inch barrel

Model 20

.......and the magazine box is 3 inches long. The Ultimate Mountain Rifle is available for the following cartridges:

243 Winchester with a 20- or 22-inch barrel

6.5 Creedmoor with an 18-, 20-, or 22-inch barrel

7mm-08 Remington with a 20-inch barrel

284 Winchester with a 22-inch barrel

308 Winchester with a 16-, 18-, or 20-inch barrel

The above are Mr. Wilson's planned offerings from the start. Limited info but it looks like a really solid first group to be offering. I'd think the 6.5 Grendel would be a more likely candidate than the 6BR or ARC, and that's not an argument against either of them, just thought on sales for most folks.

I'm not sure how much leeway there is on opening the 20S mag box to 2.6-2.75, I'm guessing it could go all the way to 3"....as long as it doesn't hurt feeding on shorter rounds having a touch more mag length isn't a bad thing.

Any way Mr. Wilson decides to go, I'm exciting he's carrying the torch.
Posted By: LBP Re: NULA Rumor - 05/26/22
lotech,

The standard magazine boxes on Model 20s have been three inches long since Melvin started making them in the 1980s.

John,

I’m not sure this is accurate. My model 20 in .260 built in 1997 does indeed have a 3” magazine, but my model 20S’s built in 2003 and 2012 both have 2.5” magazines. I think you meant the model 20 has always had a 3” magazine which is true, but the model 20S has a 2.5” magazine.

Les
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
I took 20s to be plural of 20.
Posted By: Ndbowhunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
BWilson,

On to the NULA-

bingo.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
LBP,

Apparently you didn't notice that I typed 20s, NOT 20S. 20s is the correct term for multiple Model 20 magazines, which is what I was addressing, not the Model 20 Short (20S) actions.
Posted By: LBP Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I took 20s to be plural of 20.

You were correct Sir my mistake.
Posted By: LBP Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
LBP,

Apparently you didn't notice that I typed 20s, NOT 20S. 20s is the correct term for multiple Model 20 magazines, which is what I was addressing, not the Model 20 Short (20S) actions.

I thought of that after I sent my post, sorry.
Posted By: sheephunter2 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
I have a ULA Model 20 in 284 Melvin built for me in 1990 that I have drug all over North America. I'm pretty sure it came with a 2.75 inch magazine box because I always had to watch the cartridge length because of that. When I sent it in 4 or 5 years ago for a face lift I had Melvin put the 3 inch magazine box in the stock at that time.

When I bought the rifle I had Superior Ammunition load me up about 20 boxes of 284 140 grain Nosler Partitions of which I still have a couple left. All the cartridges are just a shade under 2.75" long for that reason. Had to shove that Partition quite a ways in the case on top of the 55 grains of IMR 4350 to keep it under 2.75".
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
Originally Posted by sheephunter2
I have a ULA Model 20 in 284 Melvin built for me in 1990 that I have drug all over North America. I'm pretty sure it came with a 2.75 inch magazine box because I always had to watch the cartridge length because of that. When I sent it in 4 or 5 years ago for a face lift I had Melvin put the 3 inch magazine box in the stock at that time.

When I bought the rifle I had Superior Ammunition load me up about 20 boxes of 284 140 grain Nosler Partitions of which I still have a couple left. All the cartridges are just a shade under 2.75" long for that reason. Had to shove that Partition quite a ways in the case on top of the 55 grains of IMR 4350 to keep it under 2.75".
That is interesting. You got me curious, so I measured a 20 built in 1988 - 3.0” box.
Yea I know. Heard it before. They barely fit and sometimes the recoil would flatten the tips on the top one in the magazine.
Yea I know. Heard it before. They barely fit and sometimes the recoil would flatten the tips on the top one in the magazine.
Wasn’t trying to be disagreeable at all. I believe you - was just curious myself.
No offense taken believe me. I was hesitant to even mention it. One thing for sure it is a shooter/killer. Was, is, and always will be with that load. Never shot anything else in it.
Posted By: lubbockdave Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22

That is interesting. You got me curious, so I measured a 20 built in 1988 - 3.0” box.

I will take them both...

Oh wait, wrong place wink
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
"I heard a rumor Wilson may be buying NULA"

Not maybe, did.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: NULA Rumor - 05/27/22
Originally Posted by Reloder28
"I heard a rumor Wilson may be buying NULA"

Not maybe, did.

Thank you for clearing that up.

I will take them both...

Going to be some serious quick draw on nulas for a while! laugh
Posted By: lubbockdave Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22

I will take them both...

Going to be some serious quick draw on nulas for a while! laugh

just real glad I picked up the 7mm-08 earlier this year...really should do everything I want/need for the rest of my lifetime. Just need to figure out how to smooth out the action some
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
yeah me to...mine smoothed out pretty quick just working the action
Posted By: Alessio Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Was going to try and buy a used CLR or Forbes and send it to Melvin for any and all upgrades he do to it so I could have a functional piece of art from a master. Was also going to try and get the stock paint scheme I've always wanted that is pictured at NULA -> MENU -> RIFLES -> Model 20 Short.

When I called Melvin and he said he was sweeping and to call back some other time, it was apparent to me Bill Wilson saved an amazing rifle, designed by an amazing man and Bill deserves the sale.

A BWC NULA 18" .308 Win. should be coming off the line just in time for Santa to get his FFL and sneak it under me Christmas Tree.

Thank you to my FFL and Wilson Combat's Lamar for working everything out for me.
Posted By: HunterShooter58 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
It was my understanding that Hugo Vivero owned Wilson barrels and Cooper firearms.

What about Dan Cooper, who started Cooper Firearms in 1990!
Posted By: 250Sav_age Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Screw Dan Cooper
Posted By: Darryle Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58

Screw Dan Cooper

That escalated quality
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
DB Cooper?
Screw Dan Cooper

I know we hate cooper and his rifles but I dont remember why…?
Screw Dan Cooper

"This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

Cooper is a player in one of the little-told dramas of the 2008 presidential campaign: how Obama has been able to out-raise Republican John McCain among swaths of the business community, outperforming previous Democratic presidential nominees in drawing business support.

Cooper changed sides, he said, "probably because of the war. And also because the Republican Party has moved so far right in recent years."

He also likes Obama's message about "the retooling of America, which involves the building of middle-class jobs and helping American small business be competitive with those overseas."

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-10-27-prez-money_N.htm
Screw Dan Cooper

"This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

Cooper is a player in one of the little-told dramas of the 2008 presidential campaign: how Obama has been able to out-raise Republican John McCain among swaths of the business community, outperforming previous Democratic presidential nominees in drawing business support.

Cooper changed sides, he said, "probably because of the war. And also because the Republican Party has moved so far right in recent years."

He also likes Obama's message about "the retooling of America, which involves the building of middle-class jobs and helping American small business be competitive with those overseas."

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-10-27-prez-money_N.htm

yea, that's it right there-thank you
Posted By: Savedbygrace2001 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Man glad I was able to pick up a ula model 28 300 win. Picked it up on the 25 of this month, looked on the nula website and found out the company had been sold to Wilson's. And now the model 24 and 28 are on temporary hold. I did talk to Melvin yesterday, and they are still doing almost all the other work for pre Wilson ula rifles ( barreling, painting, ect) but not building new ones anymore:( Every time I've talked to Melvin he's been great to deal with. Wish the best of luck to Wilson's on the great opportunity to continue building great rifles.
Screw Dan Cooper

To be fair, John McCain's track record of back stabing up and coming Conservatives with 'China Rich' Bitch McConnell didn't have the Republican base very excited.

obama's Illinois senate tenure was fairly innocuous and his radical anti-American college years were pretty well hidden during the campaign.

I didn't hear anyone predict how evil of a pos obama would turn out to be or how many acts of treason he'd commit.

Also, I sure love my Cooper Custom Classics.
Screw Dan Cooper

To be fair, John McCain's track record of back stabing up and coming Conservatives with 'China Rich' Bitch McConnell didn't have the Republican base very excited.

obama's Illinois senate tenure was fairly innocuous and his radical anti-American college years were pretty well hidden during the campaign.

I didn't hear anyone predict how evil of a pos obama would turn out to be or how many acts of treason he'd commit.

Yeah, the Republican party moving too far right and voting for a democrat is always a sound stance.
Screw Dan Cooper

Barack Obama
Voted against a 2005 law prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers stemming from acts committed by others using their products. Supports instant criminal background checks on people purchasing guns and believes law should apply to gun sales at gun shows. Calls for permanently reinstating assault weapons ban. Voted for 2005 amendment placing restrictions on rifle ammunition that is "designed or marketed" to be armor-piercing. Supports making guns childproof and voted for 2005 child safety lock amendment.
Screw Dan Cooper

Yeah, the Republican party moving too far right and voting for a democrat is always a sound stance.

I had never heard the "too far right" quote. Not sure what too much freedom and liberty for all looks like but sounds like Mr Cooper was listening to some npr on his drive to work.
Screw Dan Cooper

Barack Obama
Voted against a 2005 law prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers stemming from acts committed by others using their products. Supports instant criminal background checks on people purchasing guns and believes law should apply to gun sales at gun shows. Calls for permanently reinstating assault weapons ban. Voted for 2005 amendment placing restrictions on rifle ammunition that is "designed or marketed" to be armor-piercing. Supports making guns childproof and voted for 2005 child safety lock amendment.

So did every other party line voting libtard. I just think most people prior to obama were ignorant of how maniacal democrats are.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58

About as relevant as “What about John Browning, who started Browning Arms Company in 1878.”
😉
Does buying a New New Ultra Light Arms offset my obama Coopers at all?
Does buying a New New Ultra Light Arms offset my obama Coopers at all?

Another cunny

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Screw Dan Cooper

I had never heard the "too far right" quote. Not sure what too much freedom and liberty for all looks like but sounds like Mr Cooper was listening to some npr on his drive to work.

It sounds like you are an idiot and defending your hubby for voting Obama.
Screw Dan Cooper

Barack Obama

So did every other party line voting libtard. I just think most people prior to obama were ignorant of how maniacal democrats are.

Stupid is the word, but I know you clams don't like that. Please continue to defend the c*nt.
Posted By: Darryle Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Didn't know that,

F Dan Cooper
Posted By: hitman Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Originally Posted by Savedbygrace2001
Man glad I was able to pick up a ula model 28 300 win. Picked it up on the 25 of this month, looked on the nula website and found out the company had been sold to Wilson's. And now the model 24 and 28 are on temporary hold. I did talk to Melvin yesterday, and they are still doing almost all the other work for pre Wilson ula rifles ( barreling, painting, ect) but not building new ones anymore:( Every time I've talked to Melvin he's been great to deal with. Wish the best of luck to Wilson's on the great opportunity to continue building great rifles.

This is good news as i picked up an older ULA 260 awhile back that is need of a complete restoration. Any clue of cost to do a thorough once over Safety check, paint stock and rebarrel would be from Mel??
Posted By: sheephunter2 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Less than you think. He is a very fair man. A gentleman really. One of few.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
Originally Posted by hitman
Originally Posted by Savedbygrace2001

This is good news as i picked up an older ULA 260 awhile back that is need of a complete restoration. Any clue of cost to do a thorough once over Safety check, paint stock and rebarrel would be from Mel??

Right about a grand.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 05/28/22
yep thats right....1000.00
Posted By: HalH Re: NULA Rumor - 05/29/22
Hitman

You don't like the .260 or is the barre wore out ?

Hal
Posted By: hitman Re: NULA Rumor - 05/29/22
Yessir i do like the 260. Just thinkin id like to add 3-4 inches of barrel length and have rifle completely gone over and restored by Melvin while his service is still available. This rifle is due for a makeover
Posted By: Alessio Re: NULA Rumor - 05/29/22
Screw Dan Cooper

Barack Obama

Stupid is the word, but I know you clams don't like that. Please continue to defend the c*nt.

250Rag_age will be nicer after he gets his soup and a diaper change.
Originally Posted by hitman
Yessir i do like the 260. Just thinkin id like to add 3-4 inches of barrel length and have rifle completely gone over and restored by Melvin while his service is still available. This rifle is due for a makeover

Can Melvin turn CLRs and Forbes into a NULA or just ULAs?

Even thought I just ordered a .308 18" NNULA it'd be nice to pick up a 284 for when I retire and have time to do some reloading. Plus I still really want something built by Melvin.
Posted By: 250Sav_age Re: NULA Rumor - 05/29/22
Screw Dan Cooper

Barack Obama

250Rag_age will be nicer after he gets his soup and a diaper change.

Keep defending the liberal pukes, you liberal puke.
Awwe, Papa Putin needs a nap.

We send money to https://vets4childrescue.org/, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz. What are you doing besides filling diapers?

If you served, I'll stfu and apologize.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: NULA Rumor - 05/29/22
Screw Dan Cooper

Yea. [bleep] that piece of [bleep].
Posted By: Big Stick Re: NULA Rumor - 05/29/22
NO H.S. Precision "Fans" in the house?!? You Whining Bitches are fhuqking SOFT! Hint.

Fhuqk Lon Horiuchi! Now shut the fhuqk up Karen(s),Google as you must and let GOOD folks,take a "good" business over. Bill has the Thrill,so shut the fhuqk up and happily pay that bill. Hint.

You Gawwdamned Fhuqking Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint..............
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/29/22
NO H.S. Precision "Fans" in the house?!? You Whining Bitches are fhuqking SOFT! Hint.

Fhuqk Lon Horiuchi! Now shut the fhuqk up Karen(s),Google as you must and let GOOD folks,take a "good" business over. Bill has the Thrill,so shut the fhuqk up and happily pay that bill. Hint.

You Gawwdamned Fhuqking Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint..............
I noticed that you were sucking-up big time the other day as well as crying about "only" 2.5" internal length on the 20s.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: NULA Rumor - 05/29/22
SniffleKchunt,

Your Day Dreaming Delusions,are taking you to places that don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Punctuation don't aspook me and there is nobody better with Engleesh,than I. When I cite a particular,it's crystalline,not that I don't enjoy the HILARITY of your Drooling Fhuqking Retardation,copious WELL founded Insecuritires and never ending Hurt Feeler Reports,to correlate your perpetual "Victim" status. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) Emotional heart.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Posted By: BigGrz Re: NULA Rumor - 05/30/22
Hi. Long time, intermittent lurker. This thread is how I found out about the NULA sale. I was surprised, but not shocked to learn Melvin had sold. Good for him, and I hope it works out for Mr. Wilson & Co. New Ultra Light Arms and Wilson Combat are two solid brands to combine and build on.

I did speak with NULA the other day- being concerned about the status of my order and who would complete it -and it seems that my rifle will be one of the final eleven Mr. Wilson referred to earlier in the thread. I’m thankful to Mr. Forbes and everyone else at NULA. I’m glad to hear that someone will continue his work on the originals going forward, and I appreciate “getting in under the wire” with my order.

I’ll never forget what Mr. Forbes told me the day we finalized my build over the phone last July while I was near full “fanboy”. It was very apropos-“I’m just working man that wants to build a great rifle for a good price.” The humility, patience and measure Mr. Forbes has engaged me with every time we’ve spoken has been a pleasure. Thank you, sir.

Glad to be a forum member now!
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: NULA Rumor - 05/30/22
Apparently a different version of the "Model 20 Short" action was used to build rifles chambered in 6.8 SPC etc. Does anyone know how this differs from the usual "Model 20 Short" action...if at all?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 05/30/22
Apparently a different version of the "Model 20 Short" action was used to build rifles chambered in 6.8 SPC etc. Does anyone know how this differs from the usual "Model 20 Short" action...if at all?

Take a look here:

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Take a look here:

I previously carefully looked at the Website and have just now looked at it again. I can't see any answer to my question. Obviously the bolt face will be opened up, but are there any other differences at all, for those rifles that were chambered in 6.8 SPC or other wider-than-.223 short cases?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 05/30/22

Take a look here:

I previously carefully looked at the Website and have just now looked at it again. I can't see any answer to my question. Obviously the bolt face will be opened up, but are there any other differences at all, for those rifles that were chambered in 6.8 SPC or other wider-than-.223 short cases?

The M20 is for standard short action cartridges and the mag box has an OAL of 3".

The M20S is for "shorter" short action cartridges, with various bolt faces, like the .223, .300 bo, 358 Legend, 6.5 Grendel, etc..and has a 2.5" mag box.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: NULA Rumor - 05/30/22
She's a Drooling Crying Fhuqktard,who can't savvy how a 22-250,7-08,6mm Rem and 284Win can work in a Model 20 NON-"S" either. Hint.(grin)

But she do Whine loud,long and often...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
The Short version of the Model 20, NOT the standard Model 20, was often chambered in 6.8 SPC, .22PPC etc. Apparently, there was a benchrest version of the Model 20 Short (with the 2.5" magazine box) that was used for these chamberings rather than the usual Model 20 Short. This is what I was told by someone who actually owned a NULA chambered in 6.8 SPC. Now I don't know whether this is true or not...hence the question. Obviously I am fully aware of the differences between the Model 20 Short and the Model 20 which is used to house .308 length cartridges. Could people with comprehension difficulties not reply to this question.
SniffleKchunt,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk,you invented these "problems"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Yeh, the box is 2.5", obviously they're not going to build a 2.64" box just for you.
SniffleKchunt,

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing the BEST you can,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting all and then some,as you feverishly GoogleFu a FIRST Fhuqking Clue,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

I reckon "math" is TOUGH for your Retardation too,but 2.500" will always be reliably shy of 2.600". Now even you "know". Hint.

Beings the 20 is a 3.00+" COAL platform and that most 223 receivers are shoe horned versions of lengthier platforms,there's plenty of room to realize the aforementioned 2.600" COAL,within same. Hardly "daunting" to time bolt stops and mag confines with said focus. Hint.

I get it,that you are at the LIMITS of your "abilities" and your Minimum Wage "means",which is the ONLY fhuqking reason(s) your Dumbfhuqkery is soooooooo reliably fhuqking FUNNY!. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

P.S. and by the way,your Edit "helped" you none.

SniffleKchunt,

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing the BEST you can,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting all and then some,as you feverishly GoogleFu a FIRST Fhuqking Clue,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

I reckon "math" is TOUGH for your Retardation too,but 2.500" will always be reliably shy of 2.600". Now even you "know". Hint.

Beings the 20 is a 3.00+" COAL platform and that most 223 receivers are shoe horned versions of lengthier platforms,there's plenty of room to realize the aforementioned 2.600" COAL,within same. Hardly "daunting" to time bolt stops and mag confines with said focus. Hint.

I get it,that you are at the LIMITS of your "abilities" and your Minimum Wage "means",which is the ONLY fhuqking reason(s) your Dumbfhuqkery is soooooooo reliably fhuqking FUNNY!. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

P.S. and by the way,your Edit "helped" you none.

Sure, you thought this on page 4 about using the Model 20 3.00 length action for the .223, the next page you asked "If you can divulge,what do you factor '20 Short COAL confines to be?" Hint.
Sniffle Kchunt,

It just so happens,that I'm not the gent that bought the Company. Now even you know. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

There's a constant in The Industry to shoe horn receivers and that will only come as a SURPRISE! to you. Teeker 7mm Rem Mag receivers are the same length as their 223 receivers,if only to try and slap your drooling crossed-eyes straight. Hint.

Question was/is,are the 20 Shorts a DEDICATED receiver shortened length,or a shoe horn,under the pending Establishment. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING,at your "knowledge" and KEEN "understanding"! Hint................
Sniffle Kchunt,

It just so happens,that I'm not the gent that bought the Company. Now even you know. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

There's a constant in The Industry to shoe horn receivers and that will only come as a SURPRISE! to you. Teeker 7mm Rem Mag receivers are the same length as their 223 receivers,if only to try and slap your drooling crossed-eyes straight. Hint.

Question was/is,are the 20 Shorts a DEDICATED receiver shortened length,or a shoe horn,under the pending Establishment. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING,at your "knowledge" and KEEN "understanding"! Hint................
This is still not true. Your question was not whether the Model 20 Short was a dedicated shorter length receiver than the Model 20, it was whether the internal length of the magazine of the Model 20 Short will fit a 2.600" COAL. (obviously it won't!!!) FYI, it is a shorter length action.
Sniffle Kchunt,

Your "Psychic" "powers" are as fhuqking HILARIOUS,as are your very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?
are

You Minimum Wage CLUELESS Drooling Kchunts are a Hoot! Hint.

Posted By: Corder3825 Re: NULA Rumor - 06/11/22
The only differences between 6.8spc and the 223 of the 20s is the magazine box dimension is wider to accommodate the larger cases and the bolt face is larger.
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: NULA Rumor - 06/11/22
The only differences between 6.8spc and the 223 of the 20s is the magazine box dimension is wider to accommodate the larger cases and the bolt face is larger.
Thank you for that information.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 11/30/22
tag....
Posted By: Tarquin Re: NULA Rumor - 12/01/22
Thank you for that information.

Riflehunter, I have a model 20 chambered in .20 Titan (.20 Grendel). Let me know if you need measurements.
Posted By: Darryle Re: NULA Rumor - 12/01/22
tag....

I see where you are going with this 🤣
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by Darryle
tag....

I see where you are going with this 🤣

In truth, I'm just kinda waiting to see where Wilson goes with it....
Posted By: Kaleb Re: NULA Rumor - 12/01/22
I obviously don’t have a clue but I can’t fathom it working for them as is. Prices are the same but you took away the custom hands on part of the man/man’s shop building you the rifle. Wilson may build a better gun but you’ve took away the Melvin part.

I think they will have to get some rifles out there and get people fired up for them or cut the price in half.
Posted By: Teal Re: NULA Rumor - 12/01/22
I obviously don’t have a clue but I can’t fathom it working for them as is. Prices are the same but you took away the custom hands on part of the man/man’s shop building you the rifle. Wilson may build a better gun but you’ve took away the Melvin part.

I think they will have to get some rifles out there and get people fired up for them or cut the price in half.

I don't have a NULA and never dealt with Melvin but it wouldn't shock me if Wilson didn't see the premiums people were paying for lightweight rifles with limited supply from Kimber/Barrett. Probably said "I already make a 1911 better than Kimber and I have a pile of good machinists here - it makes sense for me to try and apply what we know with what Melvin does and be a player in that market"

I get why Wilson did it, but do we even know if they're going to retain the NULA name/marketing/faith and goodwill or will they re-brand and thus differences in customer experience between them and Melvin aren't as stark for returning customers of Melvin's?

It's interesting to me from a market fit/business perspective as I doubt I'm in the market for a NULA/Wilson rifle - just interesting is all.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: NULA Rumor - 12/01/22
Melvin sold NULA six months ago.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: NULA Rumor - 12/01/22
From my perspective, the fieldcraft was what the “production” nula should look like. Full stainless and roughly half the price. Obviously that isn’t what we will see; at least initially.

I struggle with the notion of a $4200 production gun without Melvin’s touch. But I wish the new owner the best with his endeavor; and will await reviews as they become available.
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Melvin sold NULA six months ago.

Thank you for clearing that up sir. Now back to what we were talking about.
From my perspective, the fieldcraft was what the “production” nula should look like. Full stainless and roughly half the price. Obviously that isn’t what we will see; at least initially.

I struggle with the notion of a $4200 production gun without Melvin’s touch. But I wish the new owner the best with his endeavor; and will await reviews as they become available.

Agreed
Posted By: Dude270 Re: NULA Rumor - 12/02/22

Agreed

Yep. Barrett is they only one who ever got it right on the "factory" level

$4200 seems spendy for what we hope might equal a fieldcraft
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: NULA Rumor - 12/02/22
Hmmm....
Posted By: RipSnort Re: NULA Rumor - 12/02/22
Hmmm....

Would you like to expand on that thought?

RS
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 12/02/22
Originally Posted by Dude270

Agreed

I agree with all of the above. I'm hopeful it will be a success for Mr. Wilson and his employees, but the things mentioned have to be considered.

With a NULA you could order exactly what you wished for in the rifle, a custom rifle...though Mr. Forbes might let you know his thoughts on it.

Of what I currently understand with Wilson, you're limited to choosing from the chamberings and barrel lengths that they list. Nothing wrong with that, but that's no longer a custom, it's a production rifle. I'm hopeful they'll turn out great rifles...the pattern is there...but I'm not sure how much demand there will be for a production rifle at custom prices.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: NULA Rumor - 12/02/22
Originally Posted by Dude270

Agreed

I agree with all of the above. I'm hopeful it will be a success for Mr. Wilson and his employees, but the things mentioned have to be considered.

With a NULA you could order exactly what you wished for in the rifle, a custom rifle...though Mr. Forbes might let you know his thoughts on it.

Of what I currently understand with Wilson, you're limited to choosing from the chamberings and barrel lengths that they list. Nothing wrong with that, but that's no longer a custom, it's a production rifle. I'm hopeful they'll turn out great rifles...the pattern is there...but I'm not sure how much demand there will be for a production rifle at custom prices.

Jay stated my feelings on the matter perfectly.

I could stomach $4200 when it was built specifically for me, with Melvin's touch. It seems excessive for a production gun, no matter how high the QC is. No offense to Mr. Wilson intended
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: NULA Rumor - 12/02/22
I actually prefer to have the chrome-moly action and stainless barrel rather than all stainless, except if regularly in very bad weather for extended periods. The most important feature I like with the Model 20 Short is the 2.5" magazine box which means I could seat out to 2.46". I also really like the stock with its cheekpiece and a good forearm grip. I'd pay the $4200 plus $50 for 13.5" LOP if they would do a 22" barrel chambered in 6.8 SPC II. At 6lbs including scope and mounts, holding 4 in the mag. it would make a magnificent 300 yard mountain rifle.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: NULA Rumor - 12/02/22
SniffleKchunt,

Your Day Dreaming Delusions,are taking you to places that don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Punctuation don't aspook me and there is nobody better with Engleesh,than I. When I cite a particular,it's crystalline,not that I don't enjoy the HILARITY of your Drooling Fhuqking Retardation,copious WELL founded Insecuritires and never ending Hurt Feeler Reports,to correlate your perpetual "Victim" status. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) Emotional heart.

You're just completely incapable of even opening your mouth without "muther-effing" and "Kchunt" ing the other guy aren't you? And you have no idea what an embarrasment you are to yourself either.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: NULA Rumor - 12/02/22
TurdQueen,

Your VERY Tender Feelers and schitload of Insecurities,just "happen" to make less than zero fhuqks to me,but your High Pitched Nasal Whine sure is fhuqking soothing...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart though,as I rather enjoy you Professional Victims and your Melting Snowflake Routines,which are assuredly NO "Act".

Hint.

Posted By: lotech Re: NULA Rumor - 12/03/22
I ordered my ultimate elk rifle from Mr. Forbes ten or so years ago: a NULA 28 in 7x61 Sharpe & Hart Magnum with a 26" #3 barrel. Even with added weight per Mr. Forbes suggestion, it balances perfectly, is accurate, and recoil isn't bad. Weight with Leupold 2.5x-8x scope is under seven pounds and eaily carried in the mountains. Shoots very well and on it's third barrel. It does fine on bull elk with either Partition or Barnes bullets. Great rifle...
Posted By: Holston Re: NULA Rumor - 12/03/22
I would like to handle a NULA stock. I was excited about the Fieldcrafts and even made a trip to Whittakers to pick one (or 2) up. Could not get along with the stock on those at all. Hard for me to get past Montanas.
Posted By: gene270 Re: NULA Rumor - 12/03/22
if you didnt like the fieldcraft stock you wont like a nula
Posted By: RickBin Re: NULA Rumor - 12/03/22
I think Melvin Forbes found the right buyer.

I am very much looking forward to the first rifles hitting the street, especially around here. Bill Wilson knows what he's doing ...
Posted By: Kaleb Re: NULA Rumor - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by lotech
I ordered my ultimate elk rifle from Mr. Forbes ten or so years ago: a NULA 28 in 7x61 Sharpe & Hart Magnum with a 26" #3 barrel. Even with added weight per Mr. Forbes suggestion, it balances perfectly, is accurate, and recoil isn't bad. Weight with Leupold 2.5x-8x scope is under seven pounds and eaily carried in the mountains. Shoots very well and on it's third barrel. It does fine on bull elk with either Partition or Barnes bullets. Great rifle...

10 years and 3 barrels is a heck of a accomplishment especially on a hunting rifle. Congratulations on all the shooting.
Posted By: lotech Re: NULA Rumor - 12/04/22
Originally Posted by lotech

10 years and 3 barrels is a heck of a accomplishment especially on a hunting rifle. Congratulations on all the shooting.

I got carried away with load development. I tried twelve bullets and about five or six powders and shot lots of groups, a few at 300 and 400 yards. At about a thousand rounds on the first two barrels, accuracy deteriorated significantly. I'm pretty well through with load development. This third barrel has no more than about 350 rounds on it since NULA installed it almost three years ago.

My first NULA, a Model 20 in .308 that I bought twelve or more years ago, also has had many round throught it, but it still has the original barrel and continues to be capable of very small groups.
Posted By: BigGrz Re: NULA Rumor - 12/15/22
Is Wilson not turning rifles out yet?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NULA Rumor - 12/15/22
Originally Posted by BigGrz
Is Wilson not turning rifles out yet?

I haven't seen any or heard of any reports...and I've been looking/listening.
Posted By: Alessio Re: NULA Rumor - 03/31/23
Today I checked on the 16 incher I ordered last year. Was told it is taking longer than expected as they want their people to know each step of Melvin's process exactly as he did it.

Current ship date is September.
© 24hourcampfire