Home
Posted By: limabean Proof Research Elevation - 06/27/22
Anyone have one of the lightweight hunting rifles they would care to complain or brag about?
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Proof Research Elevation - 06/28/22
Fondled one several times at the LGS.

I'm of the opinion that one could build a similar rifle for several hundred $$ less.
Posted By: timl Re: Proof Research Elevation - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by WiFowler

I'm of the opinion that one could build a similar rifle for several hundred $$ less.

I had one. It was a nice rifle but I definitely agree with WiFowler.
Posted By: SKane Re: Proof Research Elevation - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by WiFowler

We likely fondled the same rifle (6.5 Creed?) and I concur.
But the fit/finish on it is pretty impeccable.

**addendum** I think I handled the Glacier Ti - price tag was 6k+ IIRC.
No way to get the quality at that cost-- my buddy recently paid $2850 new for a 300wm- Elevation-- it shoots lights out and he loves it.

Break down the parts/components
-Proof Stock $700
-Proof Barrel (prefit) $850
-Big Horn Action $950
-TT trigger $150
-Bottom Metal $150

That doesn't include the cost of any gunsmithing-- bedding, chambering, threading, painting the stock, etc
Posted By: beretzs Re: Proof Research Elevation - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by duckhunter175
No way to get the quality at that cost-- my buddy recently paid $2850 new for a 300wm- Elevation-- it shoots lights out and he loves it.

Break down the parts/components
-Proof Stock $700
-Proof Barrel (prefit) $850
-Big Horn Action $950
-TT trigger $150
-Bottom Metal $150

That doesn't include the cost of any gunsmithing-- bedding, chambering, threading, painting the stock, etc

I was thinking the same thing. I was looking at a 7 Rem Mag for the same money and did the same math you just displayed quickly and thought it was a fair deal. Unless you have a heckuva gunsmith that doesn't charge a bunch. I liked the 7 Rem since it comes with a 1-8.4" barrel which is pretty damned cool in my book for a factory gun.
Not an owner but have shot one at the range a few times. I liked it especially the stock. They where supposed to build one in 7MM-08, they had it listed on their website and I contacted them about when they would be out but never could find one. So had 2 "faux Elevation" rifles built in 7MM-08.

As far as the real Elevation, I think for the price its a nice rifle and from what I have seen posted they are accurate. The fit and finish on the few I have seen is 1st rate, the Origin action is really nice. If you look around I think you can still find one for a decent price.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Proof Research Elevation - 09/17/22
Any more information about that Proof Research Elevation in 300 Win. Dividends are coming and I need a new gun.
Posted By: Sevens Re: Proof Research Elevation - 09/18/22
Have one in 308 win. Great rifle, well put together and handles nicely.
© 24hourcampfire