Home
Posted By: John55 New UPS shipping Reg's - 08/31/22
Just found out by reading on another forum that UPS has changed their reg's on shipping rifles, shotguns and gun parts. From here on only FFL holders may ship any of the above, and by parts they mean ANY gun parts to include, stocks, barrels, triggers or actions. This was already enacted by Fedex not long ago. So now an individual must use a dealer to ship off his stuff, or the USPS for rifles and shotguns. What a load of BS!
Yep, boycott them.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 08/31/22
that might be for ghost guns
Originally Posted by Clarkm
that might be for ghost guns
The other 50 threads and UPS site state otherwise.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 08/31/22
I have rifle parts arriving tomorrow, with a UPS tracking number.
You're welcome to go read the other threads or UPS site to see what meets their rules and what doesn't starting this week.
Posted By: John55 Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/01/22
Looking at the BATF website, I did not see any new reg's that state a common carrier such as UPS or Fedex has to require guns be shipped by FFL holders. Have to wonder why they're making these decisions.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/01/22
People also ask
Did UPS ban gun shipments?
“UPS's policy now clarifies that the company does not accept any firearms, frames or receivers, or partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frames or receivers (as defined by the new federal regulation) unless those items have been identified and given a serial number in compliance with federal requirements,” ...Jul 8, 2022

UPS Has New Ghost Gun Shipping Rules That Could ... - VICE
Posted By: JRGunmaker Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/01/22
https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/s...ted-items/prohibited-items/firearms.page
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/01/22
Well that sucks. Even though UPS offered an expensive overnight option for non dealers to ship handguns to gunsmith for customization that option is now gone for all us non FFL holders. Luckily I have a great dealer that works with me instead of against me. This can seriously affect people who do custom work on handguns due to the extra hassles involved.
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/03/22
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see anything restricting stocks, barrels, triggers, bolts, or other non-receiver parts.
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see anything restricting stocks, barrels, triggers, bolts, or other non-receiver parts.
It says gun parts that are not a firearm under federal law will be firearm products. Read the restrictions for firearm prpducts.
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/03/22
and they do NOT constitute "a firearm under federal law" - if they did they would be restricted under all the other post and parcel carriers, including USPS
Posted By: Dinny Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/03/22
Keep in mind these are rules not laws. UPS will fight you when it comes time to file a claim for damage or loss especially if you claim the items were firearm related. In some cases it may not be worth violating their rules. I'm out hundreds of dollars because my gunsmith return shipped with UPS and violated nearly every one of their rules. The handgun was lost or stolen but none of that matters now that they know the truth.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/03/22
Originally Posted by Dinny
Keep in mind these are rules not laws. UPS will fight you when it comes time to file a claim for damage or loss especially if you claim the items were firearm related. In some cases it may not be worth violating their rules. I'm out hundreds of dollars because my gunsmith return shipped with UPS and violated nearly every one of their rules. The handgun was lost or stolen but none of that matters now that they know the truth.

What he said⬆️

You certainly can ignore the rules as long as you’re willing to risk the loss. I use the P.O. for the little bits of junk I sell and have yet to have a problem; in fact the last two items, one in and one out, arrived a day early. Same for a couple of items I sold a few weeks ago. Might have one rifle to ship soon. I’ll take it to my LGS and let them mail it, which I can’t do. Cheaper, closer and less trouble than the UPS Customer Service Center I used in the past.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/03/22

Isn't your gunsmith an FFL, if so how did he violate their rules?
Posted By: Dinny Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/03/22
Originally Posted by jwp475

Isn't your gunsmith an FFL, if so how did he violate their rules?

He didn't ship the handgun separately, he didn't ship it overnight, he didn't request over 21 signature, he didn't insure the package, he packed it inside a factory gun box.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/04/22
Originally Posted by Pappy348

What he said⬆️

You certainly can ignore the rules as long as you’re willing to risk the loss. I use the P.O. for the little bits of junk I sell and have yet to have a problem; in fact the last two items, one in and one out, arrived a day early. Same for a couple of items I sold a few weeks ago. Might have one rifle to ship soon. I’ll take it to my LGS and let them mail it, which I can’t do. Cheaper, closer and less trouble than the UPS Customer Service Center I used in the past.

They will most likely stiff you on the damage claim for your firearm that was destroyed anyway.
Posted By: Dinny Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/05/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Pappy348

What he said⬆️

They will most likely stiff you on the damage claim for your firearm that was destroyed anyway.

The Pre 64 M70 had TLWs attached when it was shipped. They were broken and the muzzle had significant damage. Between those damages and the missing Ruger BH we got $150 from the claim. Following the rules would have led to a higher payment even if it had taken a long time to get.
Posted By: gene270 Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/06/22
buds has or had a shipping service.....ship guns or something like that anybody use them
Posted By: brayhaven Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/07/22
UPS also has the worst claims service of any shipper.
I once had 2 items destroyed by them in one week. They were cast iron! Double boxed in new corrugated packaging which was noted in their report, along with the arrival condition of “crushed” packages.
Reason for denying the claims: “insufficient packaging”
Never used them since.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/07/22
Originally Posted by brayhaven
UPS also has the worst claims service of any shipper.
That’s saying something, if they are worse than usps!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/07/22
Some of their work

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Good Lord, how does THAT happen? That's not accidental.
Posted By: andrews1958 Re: New UPS shipping Reg's - 09/14/22
They will still ship ammo.
© 24hourcampfire