Home
Posted By: Ky221 .308 builds? - 09/22/22
I know the .308 has probably fallen out of favor with most but I have a soft spot for it. Am thinking of spinning up a tactical style bolt .308 just for a fun range toy. A tikka CTR would probably be the easy button but I'm partial to a 700 action. I'm in the very beginning stages and literally have not sourced a single part yet. But so far I'm thinking a McMillan or Manners (whichever I can score without a wait), not sure of barrel and twist yet. Would like to try a Bartlein but again there is the wait issue so might just go Douglas in a 700 varmint contour around 24". Unsure on bottom metal. I would like it to feed from a DBM. Trigger would be a TT special. Bout as far as I've gotten.

Anyone that has had a similar rifle done up....could you post some build details and pics?
Posted By: SKane Re: .308 builds? - 09/22/22
Depending on preferred twist, RedHawk has a number of 30 cal Bartlein tubes/contours in stock.
Posted By: irfubar Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
I would go with a 1/10 twist.... 1/12 makes no sense to me
Posted By: Ky221 Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
Originally Posted by SKane
Depending on preferred twist, RedHawk has a number of 30 cal Bartlein tubes/contours in stock.

Thanks for that. I check bugholes periodically but nothing as of late. Wasn't familiar with RedHawk. A 10twist in the varmint/sendero isn't available. I checked the notify me box should it come back in stock.
Posted By: drano 25 Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
The wait on Grayboe stocks is pretty minimal, or was anyway. They are well made. What little barrel shopping I’ve done, I’d think you could score a on on the shelf somewhere in a varmint or similar contour.
Posted By: mathman Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
Have you considered a chassis type stock?
Posted By: JLimbo Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
Originally Posted by mathman

Easy. Christensen MPR. Only a 16" barrel but I think you can get them longer.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: keith Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
My fun range toys in 308 use a Palma chamber to begin with. I prefer Krieger and Brux 4 groove.

155g Sierra Palma
155g Berger vld hunting
169g Sierra match kings
168g tipped match kings
168g Sierra match kings
169g Nosler long range accubond
175g tipped match kings
175g Sierra match kings

a 1-12 twist will stabilize all of the above bullets.

All shoot very, very tiny groups, opening up a single bullet hole.

I prefer less recoil and a good muzzle break, and I like the barrels long(30" on a fun gun) to give all the velocity possible(155's at 3000 fps get you to 1000 yds), and the heavy long barrel reduces muzzle flip. The Max heavy varmint contour and the M24 contour are excellent. Having fun shooting a 308 means heavyish guns and great muzzle breaks. Marine sniper rifles weighed 14.3 lbs, rem 700's with M24 contours, with Sniper fill McMillen stocks.

For hunting white tails and hogs, the 155g Berger vld hunting has treated the family very well out to 460 yds on large hogs.

A light weight 308 is not what I would call a "FUN" rifle range gun, even with a Limbsaver Air Tec recoil pad. My favorite 308 with it's 28" Krieger Max heavy varmint barrel weighs 13.6 lbs with scope, and I prefer piliar bedded laminate stock. I have other Rem 700's with #5 contour, Rem varmint contour, and a sporter contour. All rifles have Gentry muzzle breaks on them.

While many custom SS barrels are burnt out in 1200 rounds or less, the 308 is still going strong at 5000 rounds.

Consider an EC Tuner/Brake for some the best shooting you will ever do in your life!
Posted By: Ky221 Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22

Nah, not really my thing. I prefer fiberglass.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
My 308 DIY project looks like this:
Defiance Tenacity
Proof pre-fit carbon barrel at 20"
McMillan Game Hunter
Hawkins M5 DBM
Trigger Tech Trigger
Harvester EVO Suppressor (still waiting since Feb)
Leupold 5HD 3-15x44 in Talley Lightweights

Had the whole thing assembled and ready to go, mounted the scope and found the bolt handle hit the scope ocular. Took it apart and sent receiver back to Defiance, they agreed to warranty a new bolt and handle (said it was an older design - I purchased in January of this year). Receiver due to be delivered today! Hoping to get it all sorted and dialed in for a Kansas trip in late November.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Defiance Tenacity
McMillan Game Hunter
Hawkins M5 DBM
Trigger Tech Trigger

Had the whole thing assembled and ready to go, mounted the scope and found the bolt handle hit the scope ocular. Took it apart and sent receiver back to Defiance, they agreed to warranty a new bolt and handle (said it was an older design - I purchased in January of this year). Receiver due to be delivered today! Hoping to get it all sorted and dialed in for a Kansas trip in late November.

I'm REALLY close to that on one I hope to get bedded this weekend:

Defiance Tenacity (Birdsong Black T coated)
Mesa Prec Altitude stock
Hawkins M5 DBM
Trigger Tech Trigger
Either a S&B Klassic 3-12 or PMII 6x42 or NXS 3.5-15 or NXS 2.5-10...still thinking
Either Seekins low rings on the steel pic rail or Hawkins Hybrid rings...still thinking
Posted By: 257Bob Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Defiance Tenacity
McMillan Game Hunter
Hawkins M5 DBM
Trigger Tech Trigger

I'm REALLY close to that on one I hope to get bedded this weekend:

Defiance Tenacity (Birdsong Black T coated)
Mesa Prec Altitude stock
Hawkins M5 DBM
Trigger Tech Trigger
Either a S&B Klassic 3-12 or PMII 6x42 or NXS 3.5-15 or NXS 2.5-10...still thinking
Either Seekins low rings on the steel pic rail or Hawkins Hybrid rings...still thinking
You're right, very close! I'm hopeful the bolt handle scope issue will be resolved, I'll know soon!
Posted By: gunzo Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
OTM Tactical has both Bart & Krieger Rem varmint contour 30 cal blanks in stock.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: .308 builds? - 09/23/22
Pick up a 700 ADL Varmint, as they are currently going for less than $600, and mount it to the stock and bottom metal of your choice. You might feel the need to rebarrel, but wouldn't be a bit surprised if it would shoot essentially as well as a custom barrel as is and forego the need for a new barrel.
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: .308 builds? - 09/24/22
She ain’t real tactical but she’s practical. This was my range rifle and critter popper for several years. Don’t get it out much anymore. I believe the barrel contour is a #6 or real close. It balances perfect and isn’t so heavy that it’s a pain. ADL bottom, again not tactical.

For the easy button- Rem 700 LTR if you can find one. 👍

700 action
Pac Nor - 10 twist cut to 20.5”
McMillan HTG
.308 Win

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Ky221 Re: .308 builds? - 09/24/22
I really like that GunNut....
Posted By: gunzo Re: .308 builds? - 09/24/22
This isn't a 308 but has most of the components you mention. Krieger's Rem varmint contour @23", .250 lug, PT&G bottom metal, Kampfeld medium bolt knob, Grayboe Terrain stock. It's a bit lighter than my 1st gen 5r mil-spec 308. they have the m24 contour barrel I think.

Added barrel brand, as some measuring need to see if a Krieger Rem Var. contour actually matches the original.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
That's a nice rig gunzo.
Posted By: mathman Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by gunzo
This isn't a 308 but has most of the components you mention. Rem varmint contour @23", .250 lug, PT&G bottom metal, Kampfeld medium bolt knob, Grayboe Terrain stock. It's a bit lighter than my 1st gen 5r mil-spec 308. they have the m24 contour barrel I think.

I don't believe so. Mine doesn't, and neither has any that I've seen.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22

Factory 700... nothing fancy.

Minox ZX 3-15.

Loves 168s over IMR-4064

Some trigger attention, but nothing crazy.
Posted By: gunzo Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
Well, I don't have an M24 contour here, but have the 5r & 2 or 3 factory Rem varmint contours & a couple Kriegers that were advertised as so. The 5r is a tic fatter, or memory says it is. I'll check tomorrow.

Mathman, does your 5r group like a decent custom build? Mine is the most or second most accurate factory rifle I've owned(11.25 twist). 175 Match Kings over a medium load of Varget in Lapua cases make me look like I know what I'm doing.
I don't know about custom, but it does pretty well. I have a target for a seventeen shot group fired at 100 yards. The scope was a SS 6x42 MilQuad, the brass was LC15, the load was the 168 grain Hornady bthp on top of thrown charges of IMR4895. Sixteen of the holes fit under a quarter. I'll put pictures in the gallery section before bsa comes along and says pics or it didn't happen. grin

Fixed the images.
Posted By: EdM Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
This $500 Mauser M12 308 "build" launching 150 gr Federal Blue Box at ~150 yards worked. IIRC it was an inch and a half rifle at 100 yards. Could be wrong. Ran out of time...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: EdM Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
Made a nice mount.

Stumbled into this little gem yesterday.

Unfired 700 PSS .308. Won't even bore you with what I paid for it. Long story short. If it doesnt shoot and I'm forced to rebarrel. I wouldn't be out much more than it would have cost to just buy the rifle at it's actual value.

EDM- nice buck but I have zero interest in a sporter. Already have one of those.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: JRS3 Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
I have never really been a “.308 guy” but with everything going on with the current conditions, I wanted a SHTF setup and decided to build a .308.

Bighorn Action
Trigger tech
AICS Mag
AG Composite Stock
Barrel is Integrally Suppressed but is a 8 twist Bartlein. The overall length is 24” with about 7inches being the suppressor.

I have only held the rifle for about 2 mins at the gun store but it has been in jail since November, just prior to e-forms (arggh). Can’t wait. I don’t know the exact weight but it’s lite and handy.

Work was done by SWS.

Posted By: HandgunHTR Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by JRS3
I have never really been a “.308 guy” but with everything going on with the current conditions, I wanted a SHTF setup and decided to build a .308.

Bighorn Action
Trigger tech
AICS Mag
AG Composite Stock
Barrel is Integrally Suppressed but is a 8 twist Bartlein. The overall length is 24” with about 7inches being the suppressor.

I have only held the rifle for about 2 mins at the gun store but it has been in jail since November, just prior to e-forms (arggh). Can’t wait. I don’t know the exact weight but it’s lite and handy.

Work was done by SWS.

That looks like fun! I love the build. The only thing I would do differently is use the Hawkins Hunter bottom metal, as I am not a fan of the mag sticking out of the bottom of the stock that far.
Posted By: gunzo Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by gunzo
This isn't a 308 but has most of the components you mention. Rem varmint contour @23", .250 lug, PT&G bottom metal, Kampfeld medium bolt knob, Grayboe Terrain stock. It's a bit lighter than my 1st gen 5r mil-spec 308. they have the m24 contour barrel I think.

I don't believe so. Mine doesn't, and neither has any that I've seen.

You are correct MM. Or my 5r is as yours. +/- 5 or 10 thou of other Rem Varmint barrels I have. Measured at 12 & 22" from the gas hole in the action. Actually, Kriegers Rem V are larger by .020" from a sample of 2 of those I have.
The wide forearm & palm swell stocks on 5r's must be a good bit heavier than the old VS. The 308 is heavier, even with the bigger bore than my 22-250 VS.

Thank you for pointing out my error, my 5r might get some weight loss just with a stock change, rather than chopping & fluting the barrel. I still kind of want an LTR though. They're just cool.

Gunnut, love your rifle !!!

KY221, you must be livin right. Think about a heavy barrel 308 one day & 2 days later a new PSS falls in your lap. I'll bet a beer it won't need a barrel change, keep us posted.
Posted By: LBP Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
Gary, post up some pics of your leopard rifle. I really like that build, it has me considering something similar.
I still kind of want an LTR though.

I have an LTR in 223. My 308 in that format is an XCR CT, an early model that came with the 40X trigger.
Originally Posted by LBP
Gary, post up some pics of your leopard rifle. I really like that build, it has me considering something similar.

Here ya go. Idk if its a leopard rifle or not but it sure dropped ole spots where he was standing.

Gunzo- idk. It was kinda odd, I agree lol.
Posted By: LBP Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
Man I like that rifle.
Originally Posted by LBP
Man I like that rifle.

Preciate it. It wouldn't be a hard one to clone.

Olive McMillan edge with Black and Tan speck.
SA 700
10TW Douglas at 22"
Triggertech Special
Zeiss Conquest 3-9
Talleys.
Graphite black cerekote
Posted By: patbrennan Re: .308 builds? - 09/25/22
KY221, what contour is the 308 with the douglas barrel? Nice looking outfit!
Originally Posted by patbrennan
KY221, what contour is the 308 with the douglas barrel? Nice looking outfit!

Thanks buddy. It's just a factory 700 sporter contour. .610 at the muzzle.
Posted By: LBP Re: .308 builds? - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by LBP
Man I like that rifle.

Preciate it. It wouldn't be a hard one to clone.

Olive McMillan edge with Black and Tan speck.
SA 700
10TW Douglas at 22"
Triggertech Special
Zeiss Conquest 3-9
Talleys.
Graphite black cerekote
Thanks for the recipe.
Posted By: lightman Re: .308 builds? - 09/26/22
I completed a 308 build earlier this year. I found a new 40X stainless repeater action and uses a PTG recoil lug, Kreiger Remington Varmint contour 20 inch fluted 1-10 twist barrel, HS stock with custom shop bottom metal, Jewell trigger, Badger rail and rings topped with a Nightforce 2.5-10 scope. Initial groups were hovering around 3/4 inch with the 150 grain Sierra that I want to hunt with. I was also shooting 1, patching it out, shooting one, ect. I hope to shoot it again next weekend with the same bullet and also some Berger 168 VLD Hunters.

I expect my 40X action ain't nothing but a restamped 700 action but I always wanted a 40X. I could have got into a custom action for only a little more.
Posted By: keith Re: .308 builds? - 09/26/22
To me, 308's have some serious recoil, and the recoil is a factor in controlling muzzle flip when trying to shoot tiny groups. The longest, heaviest barrel you can stand is a real plus and the 155's will do 3000 fps in a long barrel, getting you to 1000 yds, unlike the 168g MK which were designed for a 600 yd bullet, and often pushed to 800.

There are hunting rifles, and shooting rifles. The muzzle blast on a 20" barrel is fierce, at least to me. I have a Rem varmint that is 20", makes a hellacious concussion when it goes off.

I have a 29" Shilen Palma contour, Palma Chamber that shoots the 155g Lapuas at 2950 in a single bug hole group, R#15, and Ball C2

Another 23" Hart 10" twist-Palma Chamber that shoots any bullet I put in it

Another X caliber, 10T, #6 contour, .090 freebore on this chamber, 27" that I shoot the 175g Sierra tipped match kings with 42g of xbr 8208 with a Fed 210 into a single bullet hole, bullet kissing the lands.

I have another 14T Krieger 4G, that is a 23", light varmint contour, Palma Chamber, where I shoot the 150g Hornady Sp into bug holes. I shot a big hog last year at 460 yards with this rifle.

All barrels have gentry muzzle breaks on them.

A brux 4 Groove with a palma chamber will absolutely astound you with it's accuracy! You do not need anything faster than a 11 Twist and a 12 will do everything up to the 175g SMK. 10T is not needed till you get to the 200g SMK. The marines used a M24 contour with 11 twists.

My short light tweeker is a similar outfit to to Ky221, but is a 6.5x47 Lapua...sheer joy to shoot with the 147g Hornady ELD-M's.

We put the Gentry muzzle breaks on those sporters so the kids can shoot them, and they shoot them very well!

Throat erosion is little to nothing in the 308's, but you have to keep the carbon out of the barrel for those tiny groups to stay tiny 3000+ rounds down the road.
Posted By: mathman Re: .308 builds? - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by lightman
I completed a 308 build earlier this year. I found a new 40X stainless repeater action and uses a PTG recoil lug, Kreiger Remington Varmint contour 20 inch fluted 1-10 twist barrel, HS stock with custom shop bottom metal, Jewell trigger, Badger rail and rings topped with a Nightforce 2.5-10 scope. Initial groups were hovering around 3/4 inch with the 150 grain Sierra that I want to hunt with. I was also shooting 1, patching it out, shooting one, ect. I hope to shoot it again next weekend with the same bullet and also some Berger 168 VLD Hunters.

I expect my 40X action ain't nothing but a restamped 700 action but I always wanted a 40X. I could have got into a custom action for only a little more.

Which chamber did you use?
Posted By: CashisKing Re: .308 builds? - 09/27/22
Chris and the boys have switched to the https://terminusactions.com/product/zeus/

ONE ACTION

ONE OPTIC

ONE STOCK

ONE TRIGGER

Multiple barrels and Go/No-Go gauges

Two bolts between .473 and .532

Dial records kept on the optic...

A very smart option IMHO
Posted By: lightman Re: .308 builds? - 09/27/22

It was a PTG reamer with a minimum leade and a no turn neck.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: .308 builds? - 10/06/22
Finished my DIY 308, now it's time to see if it will shoot.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/17670269/defiance-308

Still waiting on suppresser, certified e-file 3/14/2022
Posted By: mathman Re: .308 builds? - 10/06/22

It was a PTG reamer with a minimum leade and a no turn neck.

Leade diameter?
Posted By: 257Bob Re: .308 builds? - 10/10/22
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Finally got my 308 DIY pre-fit assembled, scoped and out to the range.
Posted By: mathman Re: .308 builds? - 10/10/22
Kitty isn't so sure about that rifle. grin
Posted By: 257Bob Re: .308 builds? - 10/10/22
Not her best look!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: .308 builds? - 10/10/22
I fhuqking HATE 308's,but if forced to suffer another,I'd want another FN SPR A1. Hint.

The OEM bottom metal and mages are fhuqking Dog Schit,but a swap to AICS cures all. Hint.

The C/L spout,MacaMillion ergos and smoothtidue,paved the path. Hint................
Posted By: Raferman Re: .308 builds? - 10/10/22
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I fhuqking HATE 308's,but if forced to suffer another,I'd want another FN SPR A1. Hint.

The OEM bottom metal and mages are fhuqking Dog Schit,but a swap to AICS cures all. Hint.

The C/L spout,MacaMillion ergos and smoothtidue,paved the path. Hint................
Is that a jimmy club by that clock?
LOL
Posted By: Big Stick Re: .308 builds? - 10/10/22
ReeferLady,

I've zero idea what you club(if you could afford one),but keep "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Had a group of Old Boys that visited every Fall and after a few years,one of them told me "I just like to watch your daughter fish" and I replied "me too". As a token for the tips I gave and Sister's uncanny Angling Abilities,he arrived the next year bearing gifts. They'd originally been enthralled with using a landing net,but I quickly showed 'em the benefits of a Conking Stick. They were hooked,at the moment. I reckon it 18yrs or so ago. Pun intended. Hint.

The next year,he handed Sister (2) handcrafted Conking Sticks that he'd turned himself and in his Honor,we donoted one to use and the other to Memories. You see Memories,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Maybe even a Drooling Clueless Fhuqktard such as yourself,can tell the difference(s). Hint. LAUGHING!

In fairness however,there's only been (3) Generations in the fray. That barely counts for a few thousand Victims. Hint.

I should dig into my 'Bucket and backtrack. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Posted By: Clarkm Re: .308 builds? - 10/11/22
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I retapered [made a lot of stainless chips] and chambered a Hart barrel in 308 with a cheap Beech stock, and 1903 Turk Mauser action.
I put a cheap Nikon scope on it. I hope to go hunting and sight in the rifle in a week.

[Linked Image]

I made a spacer so bullet points would not get trapped between the Parker Hale magazine and the Oberndorf feed ramp.
Posted By: drop_point Re: .308 builds? - 10/11/22
Originally Posted by gunnut308
She ain’t real tactical but she’s practical. This was my range rifle and critter popper for several years. Don’t get it out much anymore. I believe the barrel contour is a #6 or real close. It balances perfect and isn’t so heavy that it’s a pain. ADL bottom, again not tactical.

700 action
McMillan HTG
.308 Win

I like it. I used to rock something similar:
Posted By: mathman Re: .308 builds? - 10/11/22
My 308 "carry chunk" is a first generation 5R Milspec in an LTR stock.
My 308 "carry chunk" is a first generation 5R Milspec in an LTR stock.

The LTR stock is handy.
Posted By: JPro Re: .308 builds? - 10/11/22
The LTR pattern is one of H-S' better models.
Posted By: mathman Re: .308 builds? - 10/11/22
Didn't I buy that stock from you?
I’d love to pick up one sometime but they are almost as much as McMillan now.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: .308 builds? - 10/11/22
Originally Posted by drop_point

700 action
McMillan HTG
.308 Win

I like it. I used to rock something similar:

Similar here. Rem 700 Varmint cut to 20.5" in a McMillan HTG stock, Badger Ord floorplate, knob, brake, Nightforce 40 MOA rail. Timney trigger. SWFA 10X Mil-Quad scope.

Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: .308 builds? - 10/12/22
Originally Posted by Ky221
Stumbled into this little gem yesterday.

Unfired 700 PSS .308. Won't even bore you with what I paid for it. Long story short. If it doesnt shoot and I'm forced to rebarrel. I wouldn't be out much more than it would have cost to just buy the rifle at it's actual value.

EDM- nice buck but I have zero interest in a sporter. Already have one of those.

Ky221, don't do a damn thing to it until you shoot it. Mine wears the original barrel with a JP brake and a 10x swfa ss loves 150 to 168 gr bullets. The 150gr SP and tac in Mil brass. Brake is loud as it gets but sure makes recoil minimal...mb
Posted By: JPro Re: .308 builds? - 10/12/22
Didn't I buy that stock from you?

I believe so. I sell stuff I shouldn’t all the time. grin
Posted By: Brad Re: .308 builds? - 10/12/22

700 action
McMillan HTG
.308 Win

Such a great rifle!
Posted By: cooperfan Re: .308 builds? - 10/12/22
Originally Posted by EdM
This $500 Mauser M12 308 "build" launching 150 gr Federal Blue Box at ~150 yards worked. IIRC it was an inch and a half rifle at 100 yards. Could be wrong. Ran out of time...

You aren't kidding. My M12's (308 and 30-06) are the best rifles i've ever owned. just like a custom. 2 pound crisp triggers. awesome
Posted By: Ky221 Re: .308 builds? - 10/12/22
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Originally Posted by EdM

You aren't kidding. My M12's (308 and 30-06) are the best rifles i've ever owned. just like a custom. 2 pound crisp triggers. awesome

Y'all
Putting 2# triggers in your customs? 😳
Posted By: BubbaG Re: .308 builds? - 10/12/22
I was in the same boat. Keep your eyes on the classifieds. Snatch things up as soon as you see them. Don't hem and haw for a day. It will be gone. I had a chance at a manners with m5 inlet for $350 and I missed it because I hesitated. Finding a quality composite short action rifle stock with an M5 bottom inletted at any reseller maybe difficult to find. There was a guy over on longrangehunting that seems like a Manners reseller or something. He has/had some manners with the m5 inlet for $725 which is a bit more than I wanted to spend. You mention not wanting to wait for a stock but unless you buy something like an in stock remage barrel, you are looking at a long wait time if you are going to have a gunsmith install. Probably longer than waiting for the stock.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: .308 builds? - 10/12/22
👍
Posted By: 257Bob Re: .308 builds? - 10/13/22
Added a bipod, only think missing is suppressor, 7 months and waiting...

Posted By: mathman Re: .308 builds? - 10/13/22

700 action
McMillan HTG
.308 Win

When I first read #6 contour I thought that doesn't look like a #6. Then I remembered the Pac-Nor #6 is their heaviest sporter taper, where most other manufacturers have a #6 being the lightest of their straight taper barrels.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: .308 builds? - 10/14/22
700, Timney, Douglas cut to 16 1/2”, PTG, Mc Classic, Silencerco, leupold DD’s, wearing an SWFA 3-9x now.
© 24hourcampfire