Home
It seems if you don't like the Remington safety, there are no alternatives amongst any of the custom rifle action makers.

Are any of the custom action makers using a safety setup other than the Remington safety?
Defiance will do a 3 position on some of theirs; or they would before they sold.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Defiance will do a 3 position on some of theirs; or they would before they sold.

That’s how they got my kids college money.

They are the only ones I've seen. I've just read that, and to a vulture capitalist group - which means they're headed to zhitt land, so I won't be buying one from them anytime soon.

Lately, The American Way seems to be: kill everything American as quickly as possible!
Originally Posted by 4winds

They are the only ones I've seen. I've just read that, and to a vulture capitalist group - which means they're headed to zhitt land, so I won't be buying one from them anytime soon.

Lately, The American Way seems to be: kill everything American as quickly as possible!

Get on the horn and see if you can order one before you can't?

You can retro a 3 pos on a Rem 700 as well.
Originally Posted by beretzs

Exactly. Try to order what you say you want now. Or complain about the fact they sold the company to a company you don’t think that you like. Who knows the terrible new company might offer the same action?
Another option is a bottom safety Jewell.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by beretzs

Exactly. Try to order what you say you want now. Or complain about the fact they sold the company to a company you don’t think that you like. Who knows the terrible new company might offer the same action?

Nope.

I'm a capitalist. A man or company should be able to sell to whatever rotten ass they want to. You can say what you want, but whenever a venture capitalist shows up, that company more than likely heads to the bottom and is sold off as scraps. I'm not whining, I feel a genuine sadness watching the greatness of this country being dragged down in what seems to be every facet of society and sold off to some greater demise. Savoy?
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP

You should get the Beaver award for one of the very few campfire members that actually answers the questions they're asked!

Well Done! Seriously!

Now, tell me, is the bottom safety Jewell a decent contraption?
I thought ARC made one with swing type safety?

You should get the Beaver award for one of the very few campfire members that actually answers the questions they're asked!

Well Done! Seriously!

I like the Jewell, and I have them on several hunting and varmint rifles. The lever is beside and forward of the trigger shoe. I've not had any trouble with them and just flush them with lighter fluid once in a while.
The Jewell bottom safety option works well, though my preference is for the factory 700 style safety. -Al
Legendary Action Works offers the Winchester-style safety - 2 position and 3 position.
Can the 3 position safety be added to a 3 lug, 700 footprint action? I'm thinking maybe a Curtis action.
You can say what you want, but whenever a venture capitalist shows up, that company more than likely heads to the bottom and is sold off as scraps.

Such an ignorant statement.

Not sure I would call Bob Beck and Extreme Outer Limits a vulture capitalist group. They also own McMillan stock and yes they cut some less popular styles and inlets but I haven’t heard the quality dropped.

P.S. I think Bob Beck is a low life poacher so that is why I will spend my money elsewhere and I own a handful of defiance actions.
I use the PT&G after market 3 pos safety.
Banser 704 action can be had with 3 position swing safety. Lengendryactionworks.com.
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
The Jewell bottom safety option works well, though my preference is for the factory 700 style safety. -Al

The Jewell triggers are lauded. I don’t care for them at all. Much prefer Timney.

Well Done! Seriously!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
2-6 oz. pull, breaks like a glass rod
https://gentrycustom.com/Products/ThreePositionSafeties/tabid/6360/Default.aspx
© 24hourcampfire