Home
Posted By: Woodhits Mack Bros Action - 02/06/23
Short actions are in stock, just ordered one.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/06/23
Evo II?
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/06/23
Yessir, for a 16” suppressed 6 Kreedmire build. Compact whitetail gun that my kids can also use.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/06/23
Certainly represents a significant value; especially in light of defiance’s price leap. Hopefully you will do a build thread as you have done before - always enjoy those.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/06/23
They gone
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/06/23
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Certainly represents a significant value; especially in light of defiance’s price leap. Hopefully you will do a build thread as you have done before - always enjoy those.

Definitely will do. Haven’t decided on a stock, gonna give Benchmark barrels a try.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/06/23
I've got a Gen1 single shot here that's headed to the mill later this week. -Al
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/07/23
Buckeye tactical appears to have some.
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/08/23
Call Mack Bros and have your name put on the email when ready list... They just let you know when they have them..
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/08/23
Yep, that’s how I got mine. Only took a couple of weeks but that might have been lucky.
Posted By: d500lnn Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/11/23
Aren’t the bolt throws on those Mac Bros so that you need to mount your scope a little higher to get bolt clearance? I noticed it on a buddy’s Nosler 21 which I’m pretty sure it’s a Mac bros action
Posted By: JRGunmaker Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/11/23
Originally Posted by d500lnn
I’m pretty sure it’s a Mac bros action
What makes you so sure???????????????????????????
Posted By: d500lnn Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/11/23
Originally Posted by JRGunmaker
Originally Posted by d500lnn
I’m pretty sure it’s a Mac bros action
What makes you so sure???????????????????????????

My buddy said that Nosler states all the components and McBros was the action stated as being used.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't trust anything that someone's buddy said second hand.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/11/23
“The heart of the rifle is Nosler’s new Model 21 action, designed in collaboration with Mack Brothers, the reputable South Dakota sibling duo with a growing reputation for building some of the finest rifle actions in the industry. Most notably, their popular EVO action has built an impressive following among serious precision shooters since its introduction in 2018. The newly designed Model 21 blends the best features of the EVO with unique Nosler-engineered customizations, delivering a solid foundation for peak performance right out of the box.”

From nosler

https://www.nosler.com/model-21-rifles.html
"Nosler’s new Model 21 action, designed in collaboration with Mack Brothers"

Not sure what this means. I worked with Al and Dale Mack for years and they are as good is it gets when it comes to machining gun parts. Bolt clearance isn't something they would forget about. Wonder how much input Nosler had and how much MackBros had concerning the bolt handle.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Mack Bros Action - 02/11/23
Some pics of my Mack Bros. Gen 1 single shot action, for comparison to the Gen 2. The loading port length is quite a bit longer than a standard SA 700 which you can see in the stock pic. The Gen 2 loading port is much more open across the top than the Gen 1. I'm going to add a center action screw.

Good shootin' -Al

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: RoyalKnight Re: Mack Bros Action - 06/09/23
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Some pics of my Mack Bros. Gen 1 single shot action, for comparison to the Gen 2. The loading port length is quite a bit longer than a standard SA 700 which you can see in the stock pic. The Gen 2 loading port is much more open across the top than the Gen 1. I'm going to add a center action screw.

Good shootin' -Al

How are you going to make it sit in the stock right
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Mack Bros Action - 06/12/23
The stock had previously been pillar bedded...not by me...so that the action sat high. I milled the old bedding and pillars out and redid it. The action fits great. -Al
© 24hourcampfire