It started out looking like this.
[Linked Image]
And
[Linked Image]
And ended up looking like this.
[Linked Image]
And
[Linked Image]
Chambered for the 6mm-06.Thanks MRD laugh Just what I needed.
Just waiting for the Duracoat to dry.Needs a couple of weeks yet to cure.Glen Seekens is providing rail and rings.
Thought I'd take a few pictures.
Lawton 7000 Action,stainless.
Rem 700 bolt handle.Tig welded in place.
Rifle Basic trigger.2lb.Breaks like glass.
NULA trigger mod to lock bolt down.
Krieger 6mm barrel,No.4, 1-10, finish at 26 inches.Its actually a number 3 conture.I messed that up somehow.
Banser Hi-tech stock 14 inch LOP.BDL style.
Bolt and cocking indicator were plated with Techalloy and Microtuff.
I have a pretty good selection of 6mm bullets.Outright BR bullets to 75g GS-HVs.Thinking Ill be putting the HVs to work killing pigs next Feburary.Thinking about a large S&B for the pigs.You guys all have a great week!
dave smile

that is really a great looking rifle , and by just looking at it
you know it's a shooter . what type of glass are you putting on it.
navarro
Posted By: Huntr Re: Inspired by Mark R Dobrenski - 05/14/07
Very nice!!

Nice Lookin Rig cool cool

HBB
It will look really good with a Schmidt & Bender sitting on top!!!
Cool. Who did the tig welding on the handle?
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Inspired by Mark R Dobrenski - 05/14/07
I was inspired by Mark once.Till he wanted me to build this........big.......grin. [Linked Image]
Posted By: jpb Re: Inspired by Mark R Dobrenski - 05/14/07
Hi dave7mm

How did you get the fishnet stocking effect on the stock?

Please don't be embarrassed to post the truth. If you put an old pair of your fishnet stockings on it before spraypainting, please say so! smile

John
STW: Killer cartridge laugh
Originally Posted by jpb
Hi dave7mm

How did you get the fishnet stocking effect on the stock?

Please don't be embarrassed to post the truth. If you put an old pair of your fishnet stockings on it before spraypainting, please say so! smile

John

You beat me to it.. I figured it must be a 'female' stock... laugh
Scarry as heck that I could inspire anything, but I am big time glad to see you did the 6 aught 6 thingy.

I've been using mine for years and just think the world of it.

Fact is this afternoon my wife will be toting it around in search of a black bruin.

Can't wait to hear how it works for you, I do believe it'll be very user friendly and yet very good at doing its work on game.

Dober
MRD,
My current goto is a HTG M700 270WCF Hart 24 inch.
[Linked Image]
I've been a happy GP/HTG user since the mid 80s.So the Hi-Tech is alittle different.It does fit me pretty well.
Pretty much always been a high speed fan and hearing you talk about mulies and elk and every other nanamil under the sun I figured I could't go wrong.It will more than likely recieve a LARGE azz S&B for pig killen.But Ill most likely tone it down for the local freezer does.Its kinda a nice set up as it can be made into a dandy carry rifle.
Ill do a short break in and then run it over my Model 33 and see whats cooken.Might just have to run a few 55g ballistic tips on a few woodchucks for testing purposes, sick you know,just to make sure crazy.
I had a local tool and die maker/gun nut,do all the work.
Inspired by Mark R Dobrenski. smile

dave
Originally Posted by badboyz
Cool. Who did the tig welding on the handle?

Barney Lawton.
dave
Nice looking rifle. How DID you finish that stock??
Scope mounted and about half broke in.
[Linked Image]
The groups left to right.These are one shot and then clean.
The very first shot is on the left circle low.6 clicks up and 1 click to the right and then shot the rest.The first is a .45 the second is a .7 and the last was a 1.1 frown.Still just blowing cases I can't sat im unhappy.Good enough to hunt with out of the gate.
Im blowing cases with a 65g Rubright with 51g og Norma N204
I like.
[Linked Image]
You guys have a great weekend.
dave smile
© 24hourcampfire