Home

Cant say I've heard of many customs made on sako actions, plenty of Remy's, and winchesters.

Are they hard to blue print, or just too expensive because you can't buy just the action, Nula should be more.

Spot
Spotshooter
Sako's make some of the best custom rifles. The quality of a Sako action is far better than the average Remington or Winchester.
Charlie
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Sako 85 action for a custom - 02/20/08
+1...
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Sako 85 action for a custom - 02/20/08
I have a custom rifle being built right now off of a Sako 75 action. The rifle is being built by Patriot Arms Inc.

Can't wait till its done!!!
I don't see much point in modifying my SAKO 85 right now, maybe that will change after a couple of seasons. I do have an older L579 being built, chambered to 7mm08, M70 type safety, Turkish walnut, etc. Ought to be one of my best, given time.
I have one on a AV long action. Drives tacks
Posted By: FVA Re: Sako 85 action for a custom - 02/20/08

Sako AV/257 W
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Sako 85 action for a custom - 02/20/08
I use Sako Finnbear actions myself..
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Sako 85 action for a custom - 02/20/08
Mr. Sisk:

Have you ever replaced the factory recoil lug on a Sako 75 action and replaced w/ a precision ground "Remmy" style (Holland, Badger, your own etc..)???
I have 2 on Sako- 75's!
One .257 AI and One .20 PPC.

Michael

Are there any "Sako" smiths that specialize in their actions?

Spot
Yes. JB at Accuflite.

http://www.accuflite.com/

Heck, with a 1" MOA guarantee, all that's left is just to get a custom stock and have it bedded.
Thanks OCC,

Are there others ? - and who would you say is the best.

Spot
300 Mag
I have used a Rem style lug, but I really couldn't tell any benefit. But it didnt hurt anything either.
Charlie
Mr. Sisk,

I know most of your builds are Winchesters & 700 actions - what are your thoughts on truing up / blue printing the new Sako 85 action.

Spot
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Sako 85 action for a custom - 02/21/08
Mr. Sisk:

Have you found any replacement screws for the Sako Opti-Loks?

What mounts do you use or recommned on Sako rifles??

I appreciate the information - thanks!!!
Spotshooter
Working the Sako 85 is just like any other....recut threads, reciever face, bolt lugs, face,lap lugs, just like all the others.I'm building one now in 280 Ackley. Dont tell Steve Timm, he'll try to steal it . grin
Charlie
300MAG
I use Talley's on nearly everything now. On the Sako's, this may be the most "hell for strong" way to mount a scope on a bolt gun.
Charlie
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Sako 85 action for a custom - 02/27/08
Spot,

What have you decided??
Here is a Sako 75 chambered in 6.5wsm 9 twist clay spencer barrel
which will be posted for sale. [Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire