Home
Posted By: action rimrock stocks - 12/07/08
Anyone know what happend to rimrock stocks? I wanted to purchase a wildlife pattern stock for a remington short action rifle project.
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: rimrock stocks - 12/07/08
Borden quit making them. They may still have some on closeout.

Kind of a shame. They never were the same after Borden bought them out. Such a great stock too.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: rimrock stocks - 12/07/08
Jim is not making them any longer he has a few listed on his web site forsale you might give him a call,he is selling all the stock making equipment, so it is possible they will be available in the future!
Posted By: action Re: rimrock stocks - 12/07/08
thanks for the info.
Posted By: Blueprinted Re: rimrock stocks - 12/07/08
I just grabbed one used. I am a self proclaimed Banser slut. I do beleive this is a nicer stock. They are around, if you can get your hands on one you will not be disapointed.
Posted By: Mntngoat Re: rimrock stocks - 12/09/08
Had no Idea just i'll be hanging on to my 6.5 x 47 L alpine in a Rimrock for now.
Posted By: atkinsonhunting Re: rimrock stocks - 12/09/08
They began life as Pacific Reasearch, then went to Rimrock and now they are no more I guess..It was a stock designed by Jim Coffen as I recall and they are the best fiberglass stock on the market IMO...Too bad, hopefully someone will pick them up and put them back into production..

I am a fan of wood, but I do have one pre 64 .270 fwt. with both the original wood stock and a Rimrock stock glass bedded to it..
Posted By: free_miner Re: rimrock stocks - 12/09/08
it was Jim Cloward from Tacoma that designed them. Nice guy, I shot hi-power with him a few times at Machias
Posted By: mliang Re: rimrock stocks - 12/10/08
I bought two Remington Sporters on closeout. One was basically ready to go out of the box and seem to be very nice. The wrist area is pretty thin though.

The other is in rough shape. The epoxy has overrun some areas. Other areas someone ground out a little to much in an attempt to remove overruns. It can be fixed and made to work with a little time and elbow grease. For me I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it would have came in that kind of shape.
Posted By: BWalker Re: rimrock stocks - 12/10/08
I just bought three of them for $100 per. Hard to beat for the coin.
FYI two cam essntial ready to go minus sling studs and paint. The third neads a little bit of sanding and paint and its ready to go.
Posted By: Jim_Borden Re: rimrock stocks - 12/11/08
Guys
The stock making equipment is for sale. We need to focus on making actions.

Al Bieson actually designed the shape of the stock and Jim Cloward made the original masters for the molds.

There are still some of the blems/seconds left and they are as is---and they are blanks. We have tried to be real clear about that. But for $100 for a $250 blank--that should work for most folks.
Jim
Posted By: handwerk Re: rimrock stocks - 12/11/08
I second what Jim says, I'll be getting my second blem in the next day or two for pre 64 fwt's, they are very nicely shaped and a good deal for what Jim's selling them for.

Jim, thanks for making said deal available.
Posted By: hardin284 Re: rimrock stocks - 12/11/08
I had one and regret letting it go. I love the design of that stock. Hopefully someone will pick up the torch
Posted By: 6xc Re: rimrock stocks - 12/12/08
whats the web site address?
Posted By: 3sixbits Re: rimrock stocks - 12/12/08
Originally Posted by nmsheephunter
whats the web site address?

Borden's web site
© 24hourcampfire