Home
Posted By: Painless how about lilja - 08/07/03
hey guys just wondering about lilja barrels. i have one on a .308 that i had customized. it shoots great and they are good people. on my next project i am thinking of going with a pac-nor. just wondering what everyone thinks of them. thanks for any info......
Posted By: Mark R Dobrenski Re: how about lilja - 08/07/03
I've had several of Lilja's tube-I've really liked them.....Presently I have one in a 270 and it shoots like a drill-just had a 22/250 Ai put together as well-have yet to of fired a round yet, am confident it will work just fine.

I'd get another of his tubes in a heartbeat.

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog
Posted By: JimF Re: how about lilja - 08/07/03
I've had two Pac-Nors and have been very happy with them. While you don't see as many Pac-Nors as Lilja, Shilen, Hart, Kreiger etc. in BR comps, you do see a lot of them among knowlegeable custom or semi-custom rifle afficionados.

If building a BR rifle or a gnat splitter (new category of gun) of a varmint gun, you might be happier with one of the others. For any realistic use on a hunting rifle, Pac Nor would make a heck of a choice. (you'll probably get a Pac Nor a lot quicker too)

JimF
Posted By: Speedy Re: how about lilja - 08/08/03
painless

I have 2 rifles with Lilja tubes and 2 more in the works. (I already have the barrels.) Both of the completed rifles shoot WAY better than I can!! They are a good company to deal with and yes you better not be in a hurry for your barrel (the last one took 12 weeks) but as with All Good Things they are worth the wait.

Posted By: Painless Re: how about lilja - 08/08/03
thanks for the quick replies. i am very happy with the lilja tube so i should probably stick with them. i guess i am kinda weird that way, if it aint broke dont fix it.
© 24hourcampfire