Home
Just picked up this bad boy this morning - the rifle turned out absolutely perfect!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here are the specs:

Rem 700 LA trued and squared = 30-06 caliber

Spiral fluted bolt w/ Patriot Arms bolt knob

Patriot Arms oversized recoil lug

Rock Creek Barrel = #3 contour, 1-11.25 twist, finished at 24"

McMillan Sako Hunter stock = standard fill, 14" LOP, pillar/skim bedded, Woodland camo

Old style Rem 700 trigger & BDL bottom metal

Badger base and rings

All metal Cera-Koted in matte black

Scope will be a S&B Zenith 1.5-6x42mm

The rifle is pretty light weight - haven't weighed it yet, but probably right around 7#. It handles and balances perfectly - it will make a great hunting rifle!!

The boys did a great job on this rifle - a big shout out to Jered, Dave & Wild Bill!!

Nice looking rifle.
Congrats - that looks like it should work just fine:)
I like that style camo on a stock.
Let us know how it shoots.
Sweet. BMT

That should work.
Jered sure knows how to build a rifle.

Nice one.
Great lookin rig,should be a joy to carry in the woods or wide open spaces..
Thanks guys!! I will have a range report in a week or so.

This will definetly be a carry all over rifle - it's lighter than I thought it would be.
Don't worry, that S&B glass will fatten it up for you. grin
Sweet!
I could use that for the rest of my days and not want for more...a very nice build indeed!!
You COULD, but you wouldn't... grin
Very nice!!
Sweet!
i would put a diavari 2.5-10x42 on it
Thanks for the compliments guys!!

Sako75,

I already have the Scmidt&Bender Zenith 1.5-6X42. I think it could be the best hunting scope I have ever used!!

I use nothing but S&B's on all my rifles - I love their scopes.

You do know I'm just funnin' you about the S&B, right?
mathman,

yea, no problem - it's all good!!!
With that type of base/rings I'd probably have several scopes set up for it.
This rifle is going to be my "set it and forget it" whitetail rifle. I will zero 1" high at 100 yds and then never touch it.

It will be used for whitetails in my home state of PA and down in WVA sometimes.
I'm weak. I'd need a less "swappable" set-up to keep from experimenting. laugh
When I experiment, I usually booger things up!!!
Great choice of caliber too, 300MAG. The Grand Old 30-06 will just flat do it all.
One last pic:

[Linked Image]
You get added style points for chambering in '06. Most want more exotic when building, this total package rocks.
Thanks guys!! I have always liked the 30-06 caliber.

Just like jobyjob said above: it will pretty much do it all!!
Another good thing about the 30-06 is all the best reloading dies are made for it and at each level of sophistication they're in the lowest price category.
WOW!! Some serious work right there. Very nice.
Here she is all scoped up:

[Linked Image]
The 2 Patriots:

[Linked Image]
Sweet!
wheres the shifter on the top one? smile

What caliber is the other one?
Them are good looking rifles. I really like the gap camo. what are the specs on the top one? If your gonna post them, tell us there measurements!
Yeah the measurements from a range report too... sure looks like a shooter
All the components just look like they were made for each other. Really a nice build. Thanks for sharing.
Looks like a very nice rifle,it'll get the job done for sure. That scope is larger than I thought it would be, which I think is a good thing, it fits pretty well. You said it's pretty lightweight, was that a goal for this rig or just turned out that way? If so, why'd you go with the tactical-ish scope rail?
Thanks guys!!

The top rifle is my baby - it drive tacks!!

Here the specs:

Sako 75 V action - trued and squared, .300 Win Mag

Broughton barrel = #5 contour, 25" long, 1-10" twist

Vais muzzle brake

PAI oversized recoil lug

Sako 75 trigger tuned to 2.5#

Sako 75 bottom metal, DBM

McMillan Sako 75 stock = sniper fill, GAP camo, 14" LOP, pillar/skim bedded, bedded sling studs

Near Mfg 20 MOA base / Near Mfg 30 MM rings

All metal CeraKoted matte black

Schmidt& Bender Klassik 3-12x42 scope

[Linked Image]

Scorpion,

I really didn't try to build something lightweight on the 30-06, just came out that way. I love the ruggedness of tactical scope mounts. The extra weight is minimal and really doesn't bother me.

Jered at Patriot Arms liked the way the 30-06 turned out so much that he decided to build one just like it only in a .280 caliber.

Both rifles shoot extrememly well. The .300 Win Mag will do well under a 1/2" all day long with factory ammo. It really likes anything from Federal Premium.

I shot the 30-06 for the first time just yesterday. The only ammo I had was Federal Premium 165 grain Sierra GameKings. I had the rifle shooting 1/2" groups with this ammo. The rifle really impressed me "out of the box" so to say.

Take care,

Jeff
F*%KIN A! I LIKE THE WAY YOU BUILD RIFLES! VERY NICE 300MAG.
Thanks slg888!!
Nice looking rifles. What was the build time on the Sako?
The Sako only took about 7 mths to be completed, and the 30-06 took about 10 mths to be completed. Not bad at all for guys that are busy than hell!!
300MAG,

Sounds good, figured it had more to do with the ruggedness than anything. It all looks good to me. Jered seems to have the better rifle as he did 30-06 Improved (280) laugh

Also, the above mentioned 300 Mag looks awesome
That is one serious whitetail rig, you should do real well with it. You hit the ball out of the park with this rig!

MtnHtr
Thanks again - All of the credit needs to go to Patriot Arms for doing such great work!!
show off
Go shoot it some more...then tells us about it... can't afford a new rifle... trying to live vicariously
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Thanks again - All of the credit needs to go to Patriot Arms for doing such great work!!
well you get the credit for paying for it!
dont forget to move your rifle into "blueprints thread"!
Originally Posted by 300MAG

I use nothing but S&B's on all my rifles - I love their scopes.

300MAG - Why do you prefer the S&B scope over say, a Swarovski?
kevinh1157,

I just love their ruggedness and clarity. I have tried Swaros and just think S&B are a better scope. Of course, others may feel differently, but this is what works for me.

Take care,

Jeff
© 24hourcampfire