Home
Posted By: CUTNHARE Remington KS Stock - 05/25/10
Who makes the KS stocks for the custom shop guns ?
Posted By: gene270 Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/25/10
brown precision made them at first and then remington switched to mcmillan

gene
Posted By: clark98ut Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/25/10
And I think B&C makes them these days.
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/25/10
Some prefer the Brown stocks.
Some prefer the McMillan stocks.
Nobody prefers the B&C stocks.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/25/10
Not sure how much of it is the stock weight, but the KS has gone from weighing 6.375 lb with the Browns & McM's, to 7 lb in current (renamed) iteration............they've dropped the KS name.

MM
Posted By: CUTNHARE Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/25/10
did they make the KS stock in BDL ?
Posted By: Grasshopper Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/25/10
Originally Posted by CUTNHARE

I won't say they didn't, but I've never seen one. All my Custom Shop catalogs, mention only the KS model in ADL configuration.
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/25/10
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Not sure how much of it is the stock weight, but the KS has gone from weighing 6.375 lb with the Browns & McM's, to 7 lb in current (renamed) iteration............they've dropped the KS name.

MM

I think all of the increased weight is due to the stock in the newest KS's.

If I'm not mistaken the B&C stock has an aluminum bedding block.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/26/10
Originally Posted by CUTNHARE

Can't remember for sure, but I think the African calibers were made in BDL config & with heavier barrels than the smaller calibers.

MM
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/26/10
That's what I remember too MM.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/27/10
The older KS rifles are one of the finest ever, IMO.

I love the slim stock dimensions, & the barrel contour is just about right too.......lighter than standard but not so thin as to be as sensitive as some MR contours can sometimes be.

I only have one, circa 1990 in 270, & it's maybe my favorite rifle.

MM
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/27/10

I love the slim stock dimensions, & the barrel contour is just about right too.......lighter than standard but not so thin as to be as sensitive as some MR contours can sometimes be.

MM

+1
Mine is a 280Rem I bought new in 1992 and still have, it doesn't get much use anymore but I sure like it!!
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Remington KS Stock - 05/27/10
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

MM

+1
Mine is a 280Rem I bought new in 1992 and still have, it doesn't get much use anymore but I sure like it!!

+2
Mine is a LH .270 circa 1987 and it is my favorite rifle.
Posted By: xwe666 Re: Remington KS Stock - 06/05/10
Is the Bell and Carlson version of the ks stock the same dimension as the Mcmillan or did Remington just switch to the Ti stock on the last few year of the KS.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Remington KS Stock - 06/05/10
Originally Posted by xwe666
Is the Bell and Carlson version of the ks stock the same dimension as the Mcmillan or did Remington just switch to the Ti stock on the last few year of the KS.

The Ti isn't exactly the same but really close. I have a LA KS in 280rem and I have an extra LA Ti stock I've wanted to use for a build. They are almost the same dimensions, the KS is a little thinner in the grip, and the barrel channel is a little thinner in the Ti, the old KS barrel was a little more beefy than a true Mtn rifle contour. My KS stock though is less weight than the Ti by maybe 4-5 ozs.
© 24hourcampfire