Home
I hate to be boastful but I have never owned a rifle that shot this well. I only tested six load combinations. Nothing shot over .476 in a 3 shot group at 100yds and the load the rifle is liking the best shot a five shot .471 with my clean bore fowling shot dropping slightly out. If not for the fowler the 4 shots were in .183 I imediatly shot a second group of three into .o55.

Rifle is built on a trued Rem 700 action
27.5" Bartlein 1-8.7 twist chambered in 280 ack
Manners Stock
PTG fluted bolt, spring and firing pin

[Linked Image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Linked Image]

cool!
gun details (link)?
I hope mine turns out like that. Great to hear.

Tom
Who built it for you?
Good for you. Now you have a huge problem and I think you know what it is. Your becoming a rifle loony. Evil laugh--bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

smile
Wow, that is might impressive. Would like to know who built it as well... Oh, and some pics of the rifle!
Thats great! Uhhh, can I borrow it this November. I'll give it back, I think, probably, maybe...... whistle
I bought the rifle from a local smith named Tooter Merideth. This was a gun he built for himself, broke it in and directed his attention in another direction. A 338 Lapua if I am not mistaken. If interested I can give his contact info if you pm me.
[Linked Image]

Kudos on the great shooting!!
That's a high class group.
You got a honey of a rifle, there. Happy for ya. And...a little jealous.
Well, that surely doesn't suck! Congrats on a fine chootin' iron.
Need to sell that one, thoses groups are too hard to measure. Need a little space between the holes.Rick.
I'm sort of impressed. I'll be VERY impressed with five shots in .055.
Shazam for you. Won't be any "luck" this hunting season at all. No sir.
Good looking gun and even better group. That one may have to be hung up on the wall next to the reloading bench. Can't wait for my 280 AI to be finished.
© 24hourcampfire