Home
Looking for some feedback on rifle (hunter) builds from LongRifles, Inc., which is Chad Dixon's company. Has anybody here had anything built by Chad, and can offer some insight to his quality and as to how well his guns shoot? It's getting time to pick a smith for my 7-08 build, and like pretty much everyone, I'm looking for outstanding quality with attention to detail, and a lights-out shooter.
His work seems to be top notch,but way to pricey for me, I think he gets $1200 for a pillar bedding and he only beds stocks that he inlets for so that didn't work for me,bottom metal also has to be to his liking or he will not do the job,but if your budget allows and you want a rifle built like he likes I'm sure he will do you a good job,Try Gorty Gritters or Jim Borden,or GAP they will build you what you want!
Try Mike Bryant or Jim Kobe.
Butch
Robert Gradous - case closed!!!
Look up Tim McWhorter
+1 for Tim McWhorter. Top notch builder and has components in stock for almost any build imaginable.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
I am REALLY picky when it comes to custom rifles. I sweat fit, finish, and function as much as accuracy. I wouldn't hesitate to use Jim Borden or Robert Gradous and my decision would be between the two (and I've had a LSR).
LongRifles, Inc (Chad Dixon)

LSR or long shot rifles (Chris Matthews)

I think bxroads may have got them mixed up, if not I apologize. I just wanted to make sure that everybody knew they are two totally different rifle smiths.
Eddie, I did get them mixed up. I've no experience with LR (Chad Dixon). Thanks for clearing that up. I've got to quit speed reading.......
I figured you just didn't catch it.

You know, you are a true rifle looney when you speed read on the forums like it's the last day the forum is going to be here and you can't get enough. grin
Had me. I thought BXROADS was showing off his shorthand computer stills. I read it as LSR = LOSER. No disrespect to long shot rifles, I read it as he had two good gunsmith experiences and one looser.

Originally Posted by bxroads
(and I've had a LSR).
TFF grin
© 24hourcampfire