Home
Posted By: CAFR Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/05/11
[Linked Image]
CUSTOM BUILT Remington 788 Urban Tactical Sniper Rifle, Cal .308 Win, Shrewd Muzzle Brake, Timney 2.5lb Trigger, Custom Tactical Stock with Adjustable LOP and 2.5" wide Forearm, Flush Mounted Sling Swivels, Bedded Action and Free Floated Barrel. Explore 4X16-50 LR Scope on Leupold Base and Rings. All Metal is DuraCoated in Black Oxide and the Stock is DuraCoated in Tactical Black with CAFR Gray Spyderweb and Overcoated with DuraVelvet Top Coating for an overmolded rubber texture.
Posted By: Boxer Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/05/11
Awesome! Remington quit making the 788 because it was more accurate than their other actions. I bet that baby handles nice and the brake makes her shoot soft! That tactical stock is really something.
Posted By: CAFR Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/05/11
If you need to castrate flies at 200 meters, this one will do it.
1/2" -28 threads on the barrel make it easy to fit a flash hider or can, as well.
Man I bet she will. What barrel is it? I bet it's awesome with factory ammo too.
Factory barrel. Shoots S&B, Rem, and Win ammo very nicely. It loves my 147 gr match hand loads. Nothing like an oval shaped 3 rd group to make you smile.
Originally Posted by CAFR
Factory barrel. Shoots S&B, Rem, and Win ammo very nicely. It loves my 147 gr match hand loads. Nothing like an oval shaped 3 rd group to make you smile.

What is your favorite 147 match bullet? Thanks.
winchester 147 gr btfmj
They are famous in BR for their inherent accuracy,though they'll rattle a Juenke off the work bench.
Posted By: mathman Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/05/11
they'll rattle a Juenke off the work bench

May I use that?
Donated.

Hi CAFR,

Who makes the stock please? I've one in 22-250, tack driver but original stock is awful. Do they make synthetic hunting stocks?
Many thanks
Dom
I'm curious what makes this rifle better for urban sniping than rural sniping.
Posted By: Nrut Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/05/11
The bullets!
You are not allowed to use winchester 147 gr btfmj in a "rural sniping" situation..
Good grief.
Posted By: Boxer Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/06/11
A Tactical Rifle in a Tactical stock,wearing black Tactical paint isn't going to be it's Tactical best outside or in the light.
Windage adjustable base eliminates the need for a side turret also, nice touch.
On Urban rigs,it's to facillitate shooting around corners.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/06/11
Originally Posted by CAFR
[Linked Image]
CUSTOM BUILT Remington 788 Urban Tactical Sniper Rifle, Cal .308 Win, Shrewd Muzzle Brake, Timney 2.5lb Trigger, Custom Tactical Stock with Adjustable LOP and 2.5" wide Forearm, Flush Mounted Sling Swivels, Bedded Action and Free Floated Barrel. Explore 4X16-50 LR Scope on Leupold Base and Rings. All Metal is DuraCoated in Black Oxide and the Stock is DuraCoated in Tactical Black with CAFR Gray Spyderweb and Overcoated with DuraVelvet Top Coating for an overmolded rubber texture.

Should the time come where urban folk are sniping at each other with custom 788's (?), just keep that chit urban.

We country folk would shoot the bearer of such on sight..... whistle grin
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/06/11
Priceless...............

Quaker Oats on the screen and almost coughed up my fish oil pill. Too early for this thread.
I like the odds of her coming in a distant second to a stock 788.

WTH is an "Explore" scope? Sounds like it's way out of my price range!

Hey, Boxer.....you were looking for some of that duravelvet paint, weren't you? Maybe CAFR can hook you up.

Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/07/11
Shoot with me, Larry. Shoot with me... wink
Posted By: Boxer Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/07/11
You can't even open a box of bullets,now you fancy yourself a shot? Better get to fabricating another chart.
Posted By: Big Sky Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/07/11
That is one of the better looking and more practical stocks I've seen in a while. Nice looking rig all the way around.
Posted By: Ackman Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/07/11
Nice rifle. What's the reason for an "urban sniper?" Do you plan to be sniping targets urban-ly?
Posted By: Boxer Re: Remington 788 Urban Sniper - 09/07/11
A Ghetto Ghillie would be savvy accoutrement,as would an Urban Sombrero(in velvet black Tactical,of course).
very nice looking rifle.
© 24hourcampfire