Home
Posted By: 22WRF Hydrographics "Painted" Stocks - 02/03/12
Anybody have photos of theirs?

This is a lovely one owned by an acquaintance from Sweden.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

also currently "pimping my ride" on the stock off my .257wby (700ti stock), it is getting done in candy red metallic basecoat , with flame hydorip overlay, all in hi-gloss finish. smith had this sample done up....

[Linked Image]

Pretty fancy Firepower. Pretty soon your going to have to wear a tie when you go hunting!
another 77/22, atacs pattern dipped, but i added duracoat splatters in OD and black.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Anybody have photos of theirs?

This is a lovely one owned by an acquaintance from Sweden.

[Linked Image]

That's sweet
I have a Remington KS like this one if you want pics let me know.
Remington 700 Titanium. Weight is 6lbs 5oz as you see it(minus bipod), balance point is the front action screw.
SPECS:
Rem 700 Titanium action(old style)
PacNor supermatch stainless barrel(23") in lightweight contour chambered in 7mm-08 AI
Gretan firing pin assembly
Rem trigger set at 2.5 lbs
Wildcat composite ultra light stock, bedded.
Stock hydro dipped by Cobra Imaging.
Williams BDL bottom metal
Talley lightweight rings(low) with a VX3 4.5-15x40 Duplex
Leupold Alumina flip covers
Harris ultralight bipod

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Digging the skull pattern for some reason.
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
Digging the skull pattern for some reason.

i was not at first convinced that one would look good, i let my son pick the pattern, and of course he thought that one was coolest.

film is semi-transparent, so you pick the base coat color, then they dip it...could have been red or green or any color skulls, but i thought the white would do as a "snow camo" more or less, so went white. turned out decent after all.

i saw some stocks done in metallic copper color with carbon fiber overlay, looked pretty cool.

Originally Posted by blacktailslayer
Remington 700 Titanium. Weight is 6lbs 5oz as you see it(minus bipod), balance point is the front action screw.
SPECS:
Rem 700 Titanium action(old style)
PacNor supermatch stainless barrel(23") in lightweight contour chambered in 7mm-08 AI
Gretan firing pin assembly
Rem trigger set at 2.5 lbs
Wildcat composite ultra light stock, bedded.
Stock hydro dipped by Cobra Imaging.
Williams BDL bottom metal
Talley lightweight rings(low) with a VX3 4.5-15x40 Duplex
Leupold Alumina flip covers
Harris ultralight bipod

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice looking rifle blacktailslayer.Please send me a PM with some info on who did the dip,$ and durability

Thanks
I dipped mine in digital Tiger Stripe. I have hunted with it for 3 years and not a scratch on it, so it seems very durable to me. I think it is more durable than paint, but not as durable as molded in colors obviously.

I used a local company here in SC called Carolina Custom Camo http://carolinacustomcamo.com/

I paid $80 for the stock only and it took about 2 weeks. They were great to work with.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Firepower - nice multicam!
Anyone ever done the old school chocolate chip desert camo? I'd like to do a Ruger canoe paddle that way...
that some nice looking stuff there, i looked this place up and they are about 10 miutes from me
http://www.hydrographicsinc.com/

uh oh ......
Here is the stock they did for my daughter's 270.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: prm Re: Hydrographics "Painted" Stocks - 02/20/12
Just may have to do this after the Campfire hunt. Thinking a Predator Brown Deception would look nice.
Carolina custom camo is $80 and Hydrographics is $150 for the same dip?

any difference in quality? are there more carolina customers who can speak up?
btt
© 24hourcampfire