Home
What calibers can be built of the Defiance Machine XM action?? Thinking about using this action for a 30-06 and was wondering if this action would work??
Are you looking at the 'ready for immediate shipment' list on their website? It appears to me that they are all WSM length with magnum boltfaces.

http://defiancemachine.com/actions-for-immediate-sale/
KDK,

No - I was going to order an action & was wondering about the XM caliber choices.

They used to just have short, medium, & long actions - I don't have much info about the XM's.
The XM action is a extended medium action which is good for cartridge length up 3.2 inches. This action was designed for the longer short action calibers like WSM's or 6.5-284. Defiance medium action is the same as a Remington short action not sure why they named them like this. For your application you would want to go with a long action.
Good info sorth - thank you!!
Originally Posted by sorth
Defiance medium action is the same as a Remington short action not sure why they named them like this.

They did/do a Model 7 clone which they called their short action, so the Rem 700 short action footprint version became their medium. I can't see the M7 version on their new site though.

The XM looks like a nice concept for a short magnum, particularly with their custom ADL box and follower.
The Med is not an exact copy of a SA but you can order a 700 dropin which I believe has a different tenon, port and differrent shape bolt handle to fit a stock inletted for a 700!
© 24hourcampfire