Home
Posted By: bread Ruger #1 - 03/20/13
Can somebody please tell me why I shouldn't build off a ruger#1. I have several builds on 700 and 700 clones and i'm pleased with all. Is there any down sides to using a Ruger#1.
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: Ruger #1 - 03/20/13
It would attract too much attention?

Seriously, I have seen pictures of some cool #1s. I would think they would be a terrific platform for some really, really nice wood.
Posted By: woodson Re: Ruger #1 - 03/20/13
I've always thought that a #1 would be an awesome platform for a build. Thinking a caliber that can really benefit from a 26" barrel. No action makes 26" quite handy. A 6mm-06 comes to mind.
Posted By: Stonewall Re: Ruger #1 - 03/20/13
see here:

Australian Hunting.net

Glenn
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Ruger #1 - 03/20/13

Well there's the forearm hanger "tensioning" and forearm bedding to deal with. I'm currently in process of finalizing this. I've put the hanger in tenison with a steel shim. I've bedded the foream where is connects to the hanger (took two tries) and will put a dab of bedding between the barrel and forearm to finish things off.

I'd say go with a Browning Hiwall or Lowall.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Ruger #1 - 03/29/13
I did the accuracy tuning on my #1-b (7mm STW) at home. I am very glad I was not paying a good gunsmith his standard shop rates for the hours it required.

It eventually took a Hick's accurizer to bring out the rifle's accuracy potential.
© 24hourcampfire