Home
Posted By: jeeper Custom 7 SAUM M 70 - 05/10/13
Thinking about getting a M 70 rebarreled in 7SAUM. I have a Rem. 700 7SAUM already and have plenty of brass but it is a varmint contour and is heavy. It shoots real well and I hate to break it down because of that. I am wanting a lighter gun aroung 8 lbs. scoped. I've never had a M70 and have the itch for one so I'm thinking of going M70 for this one. I want to shoot 168 gr. bullets and I'm concerned about action choices. I want to run a short action if possible. I am running a short action for the Remmy by using a Wyatt's box and some dremel work on the bolt stop and receiver rails , and it feeds perfect. Cartridges are loaded long in it (2.895) and function fine. Can I run a SA M70 and run load long without much trouble ? What action is better for short mags, CRF or push feed ? Can bolt stops and rails be tweaked easily ? I'm sorry but I don't know diddly about M70's
Posted By: noKnees Re: Custom 7 SAUM M 70 - 05/10/13
I would look for a M70 originally chambered for a WSM. The WSMs and SAUMS are close enough feeding should be no problem.

I don't know the mag length right off hand but its fairly long compared to the remington box or even a remington with the wyatts box. I want to say something between 2.950 and 3.050. Maybe someone can pipe in on that.
Posted By: jeeper Re: Custom 7 SAUM M 70 - 05/10/13
noKnees I appreciate the info about mag length ,thanks.
Posted By: bludog Re: Custom 7 SAUM M 70 - 05/10/13
The Model 70 WSM mag box is 3.1"
© 24hourcampfire