Home
Posted By: BurninDupont Cerakote - 06/11/13
Can anyone post some pics of rifles that have used the SATIN MAG color cerakote?

I cannot find a good representation of this color and would like to know thanks!!
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: Cerakote - 06/11/13
BD,

[Linked Image]

The bolt body, bolt handle, etc. is Cerakote Satin Mag (over a CM bolt). The barrel and receiver are bead blasted stainless. Pretty close, but maybe not an exact match. I notice the difference when I look at the picture, but I don't notice it on the rifle anymore.

v/r
Joel
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Cerakote - 06/11/13
Not the best picture but this is Satin Mag on the bottom metal, which in this case is actually aluminum. In the next pic you can see it next to bead-blast stainless. the Satin Mag is kinda nice IMHO.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BurninDupont Re: Cerakote - 06/11/13
Hate to do this to ya guys again but does anyone have a representation of the STAINLESS color cerakote?

Or even those who are familiar with both can you try to tell me how they compare to each other and to a nice bead blast on stainless metal.

Once again very appreciative!!
Posted By: EricM Re: Cerakote - 06/11/13
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Not the best picture but this is Satin Mag on the bottom metal, which in this case is actually aluminum. In the next pic you can see it next to bead-blast stainless. the Satin Mag is kinda nice IMHO.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I like that!
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: Cerakote - 06/12/13
I don't have any Cerakote stainless color. FWIW, Eddie Fosnaugh says he has better luck/results with the Satin Mag color.
Posted By: BurninDupont Re: Cerakote - 06/12/13
I find that very interesting joel, thanks for sharing the tidbit.
Posted By: Winchestermodel70 Re: Cerakote - 06/16/13
Originally Posted by BurninDupont
Can anyone post some pics of rifles that have used the SATIN MAG color cerakote?

I cannot find a good representation of this color and would like to know thanks!!

I suggest that if that's the color you want, contact Robar and have NP3+ applied to your rifle instead of Cerakote. It is a VERY wear and rust resistant self lubricating finish that is electrochemically bonded to the metal.
© 24hourcampfire