Home
I know that there is a similar sticky on this but I have seen many more examples posted throughout the years.

Can you guys give me some examples of your favorite EDGE paint jobs or granite specs combo's that you have. I'm looking to order one or two and would like to see how they look especially in conjunction with different color metals.

Thanks all!
[Linked Image]

Black with brown specs. It didn't turn out like I planned, but I have no complaints. Probably should have went black, with grey specs.
I've posted these before but here you go.

Back rifle has a Classic Edge in dark grey with black & white speckle.
Middle is brown with black speckle & red recoil pad.
Front is olive green with black & tan speckle, really like this combo with stainless. If you hit quote pic will show a little better.

[Linked Image]
Grey with black speckle, also previously posted.

I should have an olive with black and tan speckle later this week also.

[Linked Image]

You know what i think would be tits--black with red and white speckle. I have a plain black edge that I might ship off to Eddie for some red and white speckle eventually. Right now I have too many projects--guided elk hunt next year, wood stocking a 30-06, 25-06 almost back from Redneck, all the parts for a 6 BR�I need to slow my roll and finish paying for the elk hunt as the #1 priority!
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

Front is olive green with black & tan speckle, really like this combo with stainless. If you hit quote pic will show a little better.

[Linked Image]

The grey rifle in back looks the best!
I'll snap a picture of a KS green w/ black specks this evening.
Posted By: Brad Re: Mcmillan Edge paint schemes - 11/07/13
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

George, what's "KS Green"?
Posted By: Dave93 Re: Mcmillan Edge paint schemes - 11/07/13
Since I live in a combination of prairie/mountain country, I painted mine with a base of solid olive and when it was dry, laid a bunch of sage brush over the stock and hit it with the tan. The second side looks better than the first. I found that the more brush you lay on the stock before the coat of tan, the better contrast you will have. YMMV.
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

George, what's "KS Green"?

A KS pattern stock, painted with a base color of green. I should have been more clear in my post.
Thanks for the clarification George. I'm looking forward to your pic(s)... McMillan Green with Black Specs is what I've had in mind for my next handle...

Not George but I also have that color on a KS and sure do like it. KS in olive and black speckle.

[Linked Image]
Super Nice... would like to see a closeup, but in your pic it seems to accomplish what I want, which it to make the McMillan Green more OD.

McMillan does a pretty poor job with their colors IMO.
Here's a couple a little closer, shows the speckle a bit better. If you hit the "quote" it comes up really big and you can see it pretty good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Brad
Super Nice... would like to see a closeup, but in your pic it seems to accomplish what I want, which it to make the McMillan Green more OD.

McMillan does a pretty poor job with their colors IMO.

Brad, I have a hunters edge in green with black AND gray specs. I think that combo dulls it up even a bit more. The gray doesn't really stand out as individual specks the way black or tan specks do. I'll try to get some pics up next week, on my way out of town tonight to do some deer hunting. Shoot me a reminder next week if you don't hear back from me.
Posted By: DMc Re: Mcmillan Edge paint schemes - 11/13/13
I personally like the subtleness of plain ole olive...

[Linked Image]

Or black:

[Linked Image]

DMc
Here's a couple a little closer, shows the speckle a bit better. If you hit the "quote" it comes up really big and you can see it pretty good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yep that's what mine looks like. Metal-work will be green as well so once that comes in I'll post up
Stiller S/A Predator
[Linked Image]
Posted By: toad Re: Mcmillan Edge paint schemes - 11/14/13
unpainted. not the best pics, but here it is

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Toad nice stock.

How do you order to not get the blue bondo patches?
Posted By: toad Re: Mcmillan Edge paint schemes - 11/14/13
if you let them know what you are doing they will do what they call the "gel patch" so the patches come out clear.
Thanks for that info. I bet it saves an oz. or 2 also
Posted By: JRS3 Re: Mcmillan Edge paint schemes - 11/15/13
I want to try a black stock with Green and Grey specks. Does anyone have pics of one?
Not George but I also have that color on a KS and sure do like it. KS in olive and black speckle.

[Linked Image]

That is one great looking rifle. Just curious, what cartridge is it chambered for and what is the barrel length? Think I'll borrow your specs for my next "last" build!
Its a factory Remington KS in .280. Barrel is 24".
Posted By: JPro Re: Mcmillan Edge paint schemes - 11/15/13
Originally Posted by JRS3
I want to try a black stock with Green and Grey specks. Does anyone have pics of one?

+1. I think this would look good with stainless.
Its a factory Remington KS in .280. Barrel is 24".

Thanks. Hard to improve on perfection!

[Linked Image]

That is nice

[Linked Image]

Do you have any more of the brown one closer? I like them all
Here's about all I have, shows it a bit better. If you hit quote I think the picture is bigger so that might help??

[Linked Image]
Ya I have talked to you before about that gun it has to be one of my favorite.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What is the tan one I like that one to you have some super good looking guns
The tan & black speckle is a Gander Mtn Guide .243. I had Eddie Fosnaugh cerakote paint it. Karl Feldkamp did the bolt flute/bolt knob work. Neat little rifles, this one is surprisingly accurate for a skinny barrel rifle.
Got a question on sending the guns to be cerakoted does that half to ship through a ffl? What color is the cerakote on that one?
You should be able to find someone in your area who can do the cerakote.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is the olive stock an original KS that you had painted or was it ordered from McMillan? Have been thinking seriously about getting a KS Edge stock and that one is how I would roll with it.
© 24hourcampfire