Home
Posted By: cast10K Classic Edge - 10/05/15
Looking at doing a build and need some help choosing a stock. For those who have a Classic Edge, what does it weigh? I'm seeing numbers from 22-26 ounces... I wouldn't think there's that much variance. Also looking at a Manners SL, if someone has an actual weight on those that would be great too. Thanks guys.
Posted By: Gledeasy Re: Classic Edge - 10/05/15
I really love the classic. I'll try and get the weight of mine for you.
Posted By: darrenk75b Re: Classic Edge - 10/05/15
The manners SL I owned was 25 ounces (rem SA, bdl inlet for a Brux #3). I'll try to get my classic edge weighed. Oregonmuley might know- the classic edge is his favorite.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Classic Edge - 10/05/15
Of the 5 Classic Edge stocks I have had, all short actions and some in BDL and some in ADL all have come in right at 23-24 ozs with a 1" pad/standard LOP. They are about perfect for a hunting rig IMHO - but I will be getting a Manners SL one of these days soon.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
I have a new SA classic/edge/speckle sitting in my gun room. IIRC it was around 25oz, but I'll have to double check. I know my McM Hunter/edge was slightly heavier at around 26+.
Posted By: Grand Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
Final weight will be driven by recoil pad options and inlet. I've been known to count ounces and even grams, but fit and feel became the deciding factor. I prefer the feel and fit of the Classic. But, because the Classic has drop in the comb, scope/mount choices with be limited to 44mm objective and smaller. Go any larger and you looking at adding a cheek rest to get the proper weld.
Posted By: cast10K Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
Thanks everyone for the help. Sounds like the Classic comes in maybe 2-3 ounces lighter on average than the SL.

I have 3 Manners sample stocks on the way. Going to see if Mcmillan will send me a Classic to compare at the same time.
Posted By: SLM Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
SL, 700 SA, Brux #3 pillar bedded. 33 oz.

[Linked Image]
Whoa, am I seeing that right? And that's without the chassis?
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
My 3 have all been 24-25 oz's all but 1 have 1" pads!
Posted By: SLM Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
Originally Posted by cast10K
Whoa, am I seeing that right? And that's without the chassis?

No chassis.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
That a painted SL? Not the Elite fill right? The Elite goes around 27 oz.
Ackleyfan - are you talking about Classics or the Manners?
Posted By: SKane Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
For the gents with Manners - what sort of wait/delivery times have you experienced?

I'm at 7 months right now and while not in desperate need, reasonable timeliness will factor into my next stock purchase. wink
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
Classic edge!
Skane - what did you order?
Posted By: SKane Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
EH6
Posted By: Petro Re: Classic Edge - 10/06/15
I have an Edge in the Sako Classic style with 1" red pad and speckletone finish. Bedded it weighs 26.3 oz. love it.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15
Scott,
You should be close. grin
Posted By: SLM Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
That a painted SL? Not the Elite fill right? The Elite goes around 27 oz.

Yes, it was painted not molded.The way I understand it, there is only 1 fill/shell on the SL.(?) The two I have weighed were 29 and 30 oz before bedding. I was not able to weight this one before.
Posted By: cast10K Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15
SLM - what was the lop? From what I understand the SL has max lop of 13.75", if you want longer they use spacers that are relatively heavy.
Posted By: Dooger Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15
For what it's worth...

My last Classic Edge order took four months. I ordered on April 1, 2015.
Posted By: SLM Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by cast10K
SLM - what was the lop? From what I understand the SL has max lop of 13.75", if you want longer they use spacers that are relatively heavy.

13.5"
Posted By: SKane Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by Dooger
For what it's worth...

My last Classic Edge order took four months. I ordered on April 1, 2015.

I ordered a McMillan on the same day I ordered the Manners.
I've been enjoying the McMillan for 4 months now - still waiting on the Manners. smile
Posted By: Gledeasy Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by SKane
For the gents with Manners - what sort of wait/delivery times have you experienced?

I'm at 7 months right now and while not in desperate need, reasonable timeliness will factor into my next stock purchase. wink

I initially put my manners order in last November then switched it from the eh3 for the eh6 when it was announced. I just got notification yesterday that it was finally shipped.
Posted By: waterbug Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15
Scott, I also ordered an EH6 in March. The last time I talked to anyone at Manners, it was somewhere in their inletting process but I haven't heard anything yet.

Posted By: Kenneth Re: Classic Edge - 10/07/15

I ordered a McMillan on the same day I ordered the Manners.
I've been enjoying the McMillan for 4 months now - still waiting on the Manners. smile

About a year ago I tried to communicate with Manners on a stock, it seemed like they just didn't want my money.

Went with Mcmillan, 1 phone call, done.
Posted By: SKane Re: Classic Edge - 10/08/15
Well, the race is on. Just ordered a Classic Edge from McMillan. We'll see if they can deliver two in the time it takes to get the one from Manners. laugh

Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Classic Edge - 10/09/15
Well, the race is on. Just ordered a Classic Edge from McMillan. We'll see if they can deliver two in the time it takes to get the one from Manners. laugh

In the meantime, care to regale us with what you're building???
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Classic Edge - 10/13/15
Compact Classic Edge, Model 70 Sporter inlet, 1/2" Decelerator pad weighs exactly 21 oz.

Lightest one I own.

MM

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Sevens Re: Classic Edge - 10/13/15

Ordered an EH6 with the group buy back in February, delivered to me around the start of July.

EH6 with 14" LOP and 1/2" pad weighed 26 ounces. Stock is has a bit of "tactical" look to it, but the ergonomics are great.

Poor photo, but you get the idea.
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire