Home
Posted By: sherm_61 X-Caliber Barrels - 12/19/15
If you need an X-Caliber Barrel,Blank,or Pre-fit email me at [email protected] with what you want.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/21/15
BTT
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/22/15
How are you connected to X-Caliber?
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/22/15
I am a dealer for there barrels
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/23/15
Don't we have a for sale section?
Posted By: Cowboybart Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/26/15
I stopped in at X caliber a few months ago when I was passing thru. Facility and quality looked good, but for the price point I can have a Shilen. I'm sure you'll tell me that you are as good or better than Shilen, but for a barrel w/o a reputation, I would expect a price break. In 5-8 years when you prove yourself - then you can price yourself with the big boys.

I bought a contoured Shilen for $40 less than your barrel.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/26/15
Don't mind me asking what did you pay for your shilen
Anyway not gonna get into a p###ING match who's barrels better but 215.00 shipped for a polished stainless contured barrel and 230.00 for matte up to 28" is pretty good.if you got a shilen for less than 40.00 than those prices you got one hellava deal and good for you. Never have faulted anybody for that.
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Don't mind me asking what did you pay for your shilen

$175
Tell me were I can buy a new stainless contured 24"barrel for 175.00 because i wanna buy one.
Posted By: djp Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/26/15
You can pm me the same info if you like.
It's not S/S. The S/S are $250
http://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=shilen+blank
Posted By: mathman Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/26/15
CroMo Shilens aren't lapped.
Posted By: REDVANES Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/26/15
Originally Posted by mathman
CroMo Shilens aren't lapped.

Exactly! Boom roasted!
Posted By: Danny1788 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/26/15
Product Information:

These benchrest-quality barrels are made to impressive tolerances. All match and select match barrels are air gauged on sensitive equipment and stress relieved at the factory. Shilen's barrels have probably set more world records than any other barrel made, because so many shooters rely on them.

Wouldnt that be lapping to stress relieve after contouring?
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/27/15
Listen guys I didn't come on here to get onto an arguement about barrels all I can tell you is there a very good barrel for a very good price. STRESS RELIEVED, hand lapped drilled on the best machine made. I personally have shilen,Lilja,Douglas,Pac-nor and even Green Mountain barrels and they all shoot good. Bottom line is you will never know how good there barrel is untill you try one. Over the years I have heard somebody complain about every barrel out there and the best barrel in the world can't be made to shoot on a crappy smith job. Simply put if you want an X-caliber email me I will help you all I can if you want a different barrel buy it. Respectfully Enough said.
Posted By: mathman Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/27/15
Originally Posted by Danny1788
Product Information:

These benchrest-quality barrels are made to impressive tolerances. All match and select match barrels are air gauged on sensitive equipment and stress relieved at the factory. Shilen's barrels have probably set more world records than any other barrel made, because so many shooters rely on them.

Wouldnt that be lapping to stress relieve after contouring?

Nope. It's a heat treatment.

If you give Shilen's site a careful look you'll see CrMo barrels aren't lapped but they can be on request for an extra charge.
Posted By: Higginez Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/27/15
Shilen is lapping for free starting Jan. 1, 2016.
Posted By: Cowboybart Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/27/15
I'm w/ you Sherm, I didn't want to get into a "mine is better than yours" discussion. I was impressed with the facility and quality of the barrels. The only point I was trying to make was the reputation vs price. I'm sure I will eventually get an X caliber barrel, I have a "European" build coming up in 8x68. I don't know if you offer an 8mm blank, and yes I want it in CM. Nothing says "old world" like a 1000grit polished and blued rifle in a nice piece of Bastogne.
If you don't offer a 8mm blank - somewhere down the road I will be doing another 35 cal or a 9.3 build - I'll give a close look when that one comes up.

Sherm, are you in Kalispel area? I'm south of Billings, but occasionally get freight to/thru Kalispel.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/28/15
Yes I am in the Kalispell area.
Posted By: Higginez Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/28/15
Sherm,

Have you shot any of the X-calibers? Curious as to your thoughts as I find very little info out there.
Posted By: keith Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/28/15
There are very good smooth barrels that do not know what copper is! I have 4 of them!
Posted By: Higginez Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/28/15
How do they shoot Keith? Calibers? Twist?
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/28/15
Go to accurateshooter.com, saubier.com, smallcaliber.com there's guys there shooting them. Yes I have shot them but would rather you see what other guys have been doing with them so my opinion is not biased
Posted By: 270wsmnutt Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/30/15
I built a AR 10 in a 260 using a X-Caliber barrel. Shot 1/2" groups at 100 yds. with ease (1st load that I tried, so could have been even better), barrel cleaned up great and I would put it up against any other barrel out there.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 12/31/15
Guys did some testing today on a 20 cal. 1-9tw tooling and it went great so if you one of these that they didn't previously offer let me know I can start probably shipping them out in about 4 weeks. Gotta getsome pre-orders out for them first.
Posted By: 10at6 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 01/01/16
I have used two of the x-caliber barrels in the past few months. A 6.5 Creedmoor on a 700 and a 223 wylde Hbar 1/7 5R Scoped both of them and the interior finish is as good as any Kreiger or Bartlein Their machine work was extremely nice

Both rifles are tack drivers. There is not a better buy available in my opinion.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 01/23/16
I have had some questions on leade times for barrels, they are currently 3-4 weeks after I recieve funds and order is placed. Thanks Sherm
Posted By: dave7mm Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 01/23/16
Sherm,
Are these button or cut rifled?

dave
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 01/23/16
Sherm,
Are your prices the same as what's listed on the X-Caliber webpage?

Do you have a contour chart? X-C lists their standard sporter as 1.220 (I assume shank diameter), 2.75 (shank length?), 0.800 (diameter of barrel at some distance ahead of the taper), 6 (distance from end of barrel to the 0.800 diameter), and 0.600 (diameter of barrel at some finish distance). Is the 0.600 from 26 inches? 24? Whatever length you decide?

Joel
Posted By: sidepass Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 01/23/16
Have a Smith lined up for my next project and his barrel recommendation is X Caliber.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 01/23/16
My prices are the same as X-Caliber, They are buttoned rifled. Joel if you want to email me at [email protected] I can get you a conture chart. If anybody else wants a chart email me and I can get you one. Thanks Sherm
Posted By: Swamplord Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 01/24/16
Got a factory fluted 25" 5R 1:8 twist 375 cal. X-Caliber barrel on my just recently completed 375 Hog Stomper rifle , got some brass fireformed and starting load developement laugh

[Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/03/16
Guys I got word monday that X-Caliber is having a price increase. My price is 140.00 for an uncontured blank and 220.00 for a Polished contured barrel, Plus shipping.
Posted By: powdr Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/03/16
I'll just stick w/Dave and Douglas at IT&D. powdr
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/04/16
Originally Posted by powdr

What was the point of that post?
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/05/16
I was by X-Caliber yesterday they are doing some testing on a 3-groove .224 1-8tw. if everything goes good should start taking orders soon.
Posted By: Swamplord Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/05/16
I wouldn't take a Douglas barrel for free , unless ya paid me but I still wouldn't use it, Far better barrels out there
Posted By: mathman Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/05/16
Send me all the ones people pay you to take.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/07/16
Testing went good on the .224 3 groove 8 twisters so if you want one let me know.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by powdr

What was the point of that post?

Seems he wanted to show he's ignorant and rude.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/07/16
And I like Dave and Douglas but it's far from the point
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/14/16
Guys I can do paypal now if that helps someone. Thanks RDshooter
Posted By: Boxer Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/14/16
WHY in THE fhuqk,would someone involve a middleman,so as to be "granted" MSRP pricing and be jerked around? You don't have them ready to roll in hand,your wait isn't shorter and there is no price break.

Better work o your Sales Pitch. Hint.

Too easy to score barrels of repute,ready to roll,less any bullschit,at a price break and from folks who actually shoot,'smith and KNOW spouts.

Hint.

Just sayin'.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/16/16
Check your info Boxer i do have a price break now, just sayin
Posted By: Boxer Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/17/16
I'll feign my "surprise",that the Phantom PM has as of yet...to be realized.

The Secret Squirrel Schit cracks me the fhuqk up.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

I'll pass on any/all "offers" and will deal direct.
Posted By: Gansettx Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/19/16
Sheeeeit for those #'s it might be worth a chance...
Posted By: RDSHOOTER Re: X-Caliber Barrels - 02/20/16
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Guys I can do paypal now if that helps someone. Thanks RDshooter

Your Welcome

Thanks for the help also...
© 24hourcampfire