Home
Wondering if anyone had used the Pachmayr flush-mount sling swivel system? Pros and cons?

Pachmayr Flush Mount Swivels
Have had them on a SA Ruger 77 for many years. They are unobtrusive and work as advertised. I like them.
Used them for over 20 years and have had no problems. Easy to use.
+3 ... Had them installed on the first custom rifle I had built about 15 years ago. Still have the rifle. Work as advertised. No issues.
Can I swap factory studs for these without much improvisation? Are the holes/threads the same?
Have to drill it out. They're a good bit larger diameter than standard. Have them on a b78 single shot and the millet version comes standard on steyr sbs's. Have three of those presently, I like them. Switch slings between those quickly and don't have to worry about them coming loose.
It is probably a good idea to have them installed by a gunsmith with the proper drilling fixture. The larger diameter hole required can be tricky to center and if not centered can cause a splinter to be pulled up by the threads. It's not impossible to do it if you are proficient with hand tools, just measure twice and drill once.
Originally Posted by 348srfun
It is probably a good idea to have them installed by a gunsmith with the proper drilling fixture. The larger diameter hole required can be tricky to center and if not centered can cause a splinter to be pulled up by the threads. It's not impossible to do it if you are proficient with hand tools, just measure twice and drill once.

Agree. At a minimum, use a drill press and clamping fixture to keep the hole square to the work piece and prevent drift. Also, I believe there may be a special tool or insert for driving them into the stock. Unless you are going to do a number of stocks, this is one of those places where you are probably money ahead just to pay to have it done. JMO...
© 24hourcampfire