Home
Posted By: Wade250 Flaig's custom gun - 01/28/16
Somehow stumbled upon this here in TN. It's chambered in 250 savage. I paid 250$. Numbers match on everything except the bolt release. What's the value and how rare is this caliber in these guns? I know they're special pieces.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Flaig's custom gun - 01/28/16
Probably a surplus Mauser they rebarreled and possibly restocked. They ranged from plain jane vanilla rebarrel jobs all the way up to very nice full custom jobs in about any caliber you could ask for. Post up a pic and maybe we'll be able to give you a better idea of what you've got.
Posted By: Wade250 Re: Flaig's custom gun - 01/28/16
Not sure how to upload pictures. I'm new around here. It's a full custom job it appears. Any tips on posting pictures?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Flaig's custom gun - 01/28/16
Flaig's was a major builder in the 1950s/1960s, so there are quite a few of them out there. That said, $250 for a Flaig's built Mauser with any sort of condition is a major score, well done!
Posted By: Wade250 Re: Flaig's custom gun - 01/29/16
It's in pretty good shape. No pitting and the wood is in fairly good shape as well. Can't decide whether I should keep it or flip it. It has a clean bore but ammo is scarce as is the brass to reload with. What do yall recommend?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Flaig's custom gun - 01/29/16
Flip it. Anything that you do to it is likely to reduce its value.
Posted By: Sbrown Re: Flaig's custom gun - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by Wade250
Not sure how to upload pictures. I'm new around here. It's a full custom job it appears. Any tips on posting pictures?

try here: print it out , go step by step.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Posting_pictures_from_Flickr#Post9190450

Steve
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Would getting it reblued decrease as well?
Posted By: PrimeBeef Re: Flaig's custom gun - 01/29/16

Not if it's done correctly.

Depends. I doubt that you'd get your $$ back out a good reblue job. Plus, the primary value is in being a Flaig's built rifle and anybody who collects them would probably rather make the decisions about any rehab and the 'smith(s) who would do the work.
I've considered keeping it letting my son hunt with it (he's 3) when he got old enough. But I'm a big hand me down fan and that's what the old marlin 30 30 is for.

It has a nostalgic feel about it. The high cheek piece and the old mauser action are just pretty cool, to be plain and simple. Anybody know about how much it's probably worth?
The condition and make/model of action that it is built on would be key factors in determining its value. Check Gunbroker to see what Flaig's rifles are selling for.
© 24hourcampfire