Home
Okay, so I bought a Ruger American Predator the other day in 6.5 Creedmoor. It's a cheap action, that seems accurate, which is why I bought it. I'm ordering an MDT LSS chassis and a Vortex PST 6-24X50FFP for the rifle.

So a couple of questions: does the MDT fit decently to the RAR-P? Will I need to do some mods to it? What kind of Mags should I get? MDT doesn't have 6.5CM mags, as far as I can tell. And any other advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Ask Huntsman22.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Ask Huntsman22.

This ^^^

I exchanged a few PMs with him a while back. He was kind enough to forward a pic.

[Linked Image]
MDT has supposedly worked out all the bugs on the American chassis since I got mine. It was no big deal to use a dremel to get mine to work. The mag stop screw and safety inletting were the problems on the early runs. Any aics style mags (.308) will work. Personally, I went with accurate mags for the little extra length...... toss the factory base and go EGW 20 minute.....
Thanks huntsman22. Just to clarify, yours is the American Predator 6.5CM? The gun looks great. I assume you noticed better accuracy?

Thanks for the tip on the mags and base.
Yup, American Predator 6.5. And negative, the accuracy didn't change.
Boyds inlets a few different styles of stocks for the RAR-Predator. I've put a couple of them in the laminated Heritage style and think that the improved ergs offset the additional weight.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Ask Huntsman22.

Yeah, he be knowin'.
Huntsman,
Can you post the other picture of your Ruger All Weather in the MDT chassis?
[Linked Image]
Got one ordered for my Hawkeye Predator, too. Special deal before they become available. I reckon they thinks I'm a guinea pig or something...
Love it!! Thank you.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Got one ordered for my Hawkeye Predator, too. Special deal before they become available. I reckon they thinks I'm a guinea pig or something...

Does the price tag come in under that of the Precision rifle in the same caliber, making it a poorman's Precision?

Kaiser Norton
Not really. you can pay $369 for the pred, $414 shipped for the chassis, $40 for the stock, $12 for the riser, $25 for the grip, $99-129 for the folder adapter and $120 for 2 scout steel mags. I had the grip, stock and tube and scout mags for another rifle.

I paid $908 + ship for the Precision.....
I paid $908 + ship for the Precision.....

Likely never see a deal like that again.
I have really been wanting one of these for my Ruger Ranch 300 Blackout...
Got the LSS for the hawkeye pred today. Went together nicely. Just be aware, the mags may need modified to work right with the 77 action. Not a biggie to notch out the rear corners.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That's a great looking rig! How much weight difference is yours verses the stock Ruger American in the factory stock?
never even checked.
i have an MDT LSS on a Rem M7 with 18" #6 contour .300 BLK and love it.

ML
For the guy that wanted to know about Hawkeye Predators in a LSS, here is a couple pics of the mag mod to make them work. If you tell MDT when you order, that it is for a RHP, they'll gladly notch their plastic mags for ya if you ask. Otherwise, it is no biggie to dremel out the rear corners to clear the action. A gunsmith could mill the bottom of the action to make the AICS mags work, too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

© 24hourcampfire