Home
Posted By: tsquare Newest Custom - 10/07/16
Awhile back I posted a couple photos of my latest (and most likely last) custom rifle on accuratereloading. com. For some reason, I neglected to post the same here on the fire. Must be old age setting in. At any rate, it is a lovely rifle built on a pre-64 model 70 action and a Danny Pedersen cut-rifled barrel chambered by Danny for the .300 Win mag cartridge. Bruce Farman did the metal finishing and Gary Goudy crafted the stock. I got the stick of English from Jim Bisio. The stick is a very similar one, only better, to one I got from Dietrich Apel at NECG several years back. Gary turned it into a very nice stock on a custom 09 Argentine also barreled and chambered by Danny Pedersen for the .30-06 cartridge. I really had not planned on buying another stick of walnut, but when I saw the blank that Bisio had, I had to have it. It is, by far, the most expensive stick of wood that I ever bought. Anyway, for those of you that didn't see the photos on accuratereloading, here they are for your enjoyment.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
WOW! Just WOW!
Careful that vest zipper might scratch it. Beautiful furniture there.
Darn nice rifle. I really like the long open grip on the stock.
If that's wrong... I don't want to know what's right!!

Well done sir, she's a beaut Clark!
One word. "Beautiful"
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Newest Custom - 10/07/16
I can see why you fell for that stock blank. I also like the open grip.
Interesting choice of calibers too. Seems like most folks skip from the 270, '06, 280, etc. right to the 338 or bigger cartriges. I have always liked the 300 Win.

Gorgeous Rifle
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Newest Custom - 10/07/16
Veddy niiiice........
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Newest Custom - 10/07/16
Magnificent Rifle
Posted By: efw Re: Newest Custom - 10/07/16
Absolutely amazing rifle; very, very nicely done as usual.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Newest Custom - 10/07/16
The outstanding work of art that your rifle is proves to me that the best way to get a fabulous custom is to buy it complete like yours is.

So many write that they are going to "build" a custom and it does not turn out best.

Best to buy one complete already!

Delivery is also much better. grin
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Newest Custom - 10/07/16
Awesome, stock, caliber and everything.. Plastic is still plastic no matter how you paint it.. That is the best do all caliber above .30-06 there is.. You have it all, and in a beautiful package!!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Newest Custom - 10/08/16
When are you taking it hunting?
Posted By: tsquare Re: Newest Custom - 10/09/16
Not sure yet, but rest assured, it will go hunting. Thanks to all for your comments.

TT
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Newest Custom - 10/09/16
Dayum, that's a drooler.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Newest Custom - 10/09/16
Yes, very nice. That rifle needs to go for a walk in the woods.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
WOW! Just WOW!

Took the words right out of my mouth. I will add, that is a beautiful sob right there!!!
Posted By: TexasPhotog Re: Newest Custom - 10/09/16
Beautiful rifle.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Newest Custom - 10/09/16
They just don't get any better than that...

DF
Posted By: Judman Re: Newest Custom - 10/09/16
God damn that's a nice rifle!!
Posted By: mmgravy Re: Newest Custom - 10/10/16
Stunning Tom......
Posted By: BCHunter666 Re: Newest Custom - 10/17/16
Just doesn't get any better than these!
© 24hourcampfire