Home
Posted By: LCHunter1 A Report Back - 11/13/16
Last Year I asked for and got advice from the forum regarding a
Model 7 rebarrel project. I went with a Pac-Nor barrel in 250 Savage Ackley Improved. I am delighted with the results and the caliber. Shot my first Mule Deer this season and have to say I love the rifle and the caliber. This gun ain't going nowhere, nohow! Next year antelope and deer for sure. Thanks to all who gave me input, advice pro and con.
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: A Report Back - 11/14/16
Very nice. What twist did you go with? Are you shooting mostly 100 grain bullets?
Posted By: LCHunter1 Re: A Report Back - 11/18/16
I went with the recommended 10" twist. I've only played with 100 grain Sierras and Noslers so far. Will experiment more when the weather improves. Hard not like the 100s.

You thinking of trying one?
Posted By: powdr Re: A Report Back - 11/21/16
Load up some 110gr AccuBonds w/40.5 of RL 19. great all round load. For elk load some of the old Nosler 117grainers w/39gr of the same. powdr
Posted By: LCHunter1 Re: A Report Back - 11/27/16
I will, Powdr... I will. Thanks. I'm having an MPI stock made for it right now. I'll have to think about using it on elk though.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: A Report Back - 11/27/16
Very cool round. I load '15 under a 100nbt in my wife's. 3100-3130 can't remebemer for sure. Shoots great hits hard little recoil case last and last. It's not a high bc slinger but it kills stuff just fine.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: A Report Back - 11/27/16
Excellent. Love the round and have a stainless action and Rock #2 off now to be chambered in 250AI. Sold my NULA in that chambering and can't be without one for long.

It's very hard for me not to like love the 80 TTSX.....for just about all of my quarterbores.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: A Report Back - 11/27/16
I tried but couldn't get the 80's to shoot. That wasn't what I wanted to use. The 100's kept shooting so good so easily I went with it.
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: A Report Back - 11/28/16
Originally Posted by LCHunter1
I went with the recommended 10" twist. I've only played with 100 grain Sierras and Noslers so far. Will experiment more when the weather improves. Hard not like the 100s.

You thinking of trying one?

I was thinking of a 250 Savage (rather than the AI) with a 1-9 ROT. I plan on shoooting mostly 100s (maybe 110s as well) so the 1-10 is probably all I need but I figured there was no harm in going with a 1-9.
© 24hourcampfire