Home
I have a friend that wants to have one of his barrels done. Anyone here know a reputable company? Thanks!
http://www.35caliber.com/index.html

The link above says all you need on the subject.
Got it. Will forward the info to my bud. Thanks guys!
Everything good with JES? There was a thread on that other forum which raised some issues.

I had only heard good things prior to reading that, have a rifle I'd like to send him..
I have only sent JES two rifles but both times I have been very happy with the results.
Very happy with mine, would send him another in a heartbeat.
Same here. Would send him another anytime. He did one for me and one for a friend. Both done quickly and well.
Agreed turn around times are quick. Both times has been right at 2 weeks including transit time from Alaska to Oregon and back.
Ditto on JES. Just got one back from him last week. 2 week turn around and initial load development is going good.

How is the accuracy with a JES rebore?
Good article in the March RIFLE magazine about reboring!

Some Guy named Barsness wrote it and seems to know what he's talking about. laugh

Mike
I have an old rifle that has a fat Buhmiller barrel, he may have built the rifle. I would like to have it made to a 6.5mm 06
Running first couple of groups with Nosler recommended COL, 200 AB/225 AB, 200's running under an inch, 225's running right at or slightly over an inch.

Happy so far, can only see it getting better from here. Would do it again if I had to.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Running first couple of groups with Nosler recommended COL, 200 AB/225 AB, 200's running under an inch, 225's running right at or slightly over an inch.

Happy so far, can only see it getting better from here. Would do it again if I had to.

What cartridge?
338-06
How much $$$?
$245ish.
Is there some UH-60 chronyism going on between Taco280 and Hawk Driver?
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
338-06

Right on! My 338-06 that JES did for me likes both 210 sciroccos and 210 partitions more than the 225 accubonds. But I didn't spend a lot of time on the accubonds I admit.
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Is there some UH-60 chronyism going on between Taco280 and Hawk Driver?

'Hawks are cool.

But, chicks dig Hueys.
Went from UH-1's to 64's - when the last Apache goes to the boneyard, there'll be someone in a 60 to pick up the ferry crew.
I had JES rebore a SS Classic from 338 WM to 35 Newton. It shoots real well for me. Easy man to work with as well.
I had three by JES he is top notch, he did a 30-30 to 38-55, a 30-30 to 405 JESS, and a Howa 1500 243 to 358 win. They are the best shooters! You won't be sorry!
JES turned my Tikka 270 into a 35 Whelen that shots even better then it did!
Do you fellas think this could be done on a cerakoted bbl without having to recoat? I realize that might be wishful thinking, just wondering if anyone had tried.

I've thought about reboring my 338 Fed to 358 Win for the heck of it, but don't really want to have it coated again.

Thanks,

loder
I am considering having a Rem 760 in .308 Win rebored to 358...not sure why...just an itch I suppose.
Shouldn't hurt it at all!
© 24hourcampfire