Home
There are so many great builders out there these days that it's hard to remember them all. I thought it would be useful for everyone to list the Gunsmith's or Custom shops that they have used in the past and would recommend for complete custom rifle builds.

I'm sure there are some great unknown builders out there that have incredibly short turn around times. Would be great to include some of those names here to.

Lets make this kinda like the Campfire "good guy" list of Gunsmiths/shops. If we can make a large enough list, maybe Rick can make it a sticky. I'll start with those I have used and would recommend in no particular order....

Mike Bryant - Bryant Customs
GA Precision
Jon Beanland - Beanland Custom Rifles
Karl Feldkamp - Kampfeld Customs
Eddie Fosnaugh - Fosnaugh Custom
Gordy Gritters - Gordy's Precision Gunsmithing
Chad Dixon - Longrifles Inc
"Redneck" - Lee Christianson

Posted By: 300MAG Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 01/06/17
My three...in order:

Tim Cronin = Elkhorn Precision

Accurate Ordnance

Jon Beanland

Clarence Hammonds - Hammonds rifles
Bob Green, York Pa.
Nathan Chesney, Hillbilly custom rifles
Posted By: dale06 Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 01/06/17
I would add Jim Kobe, in Bloomington, Mn
Posted By: mudhen Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 01/06/17
Originally Posted by dale06
I would add Jim Kobe, in Bloomington, Mn

+1, and Roy Bedeaux in Albuquerque, NM
Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles.

My list of who I wouldn't use again is unfortunately longer.
Jim Kobe listed above is very good. I also like Pete Pieper at Precision Barrel Work in Hempstead, Tx.
They've already been listed but definitely Redneck, Accurate Ordnance and Jim Kobe. All three go the extra mile and do great work.
Already said, but another vote of confidence for Nathan Chesney of Hillbilly custom rifles
Mark Penrod, Penrod Precision, North Manchester Indiana.
Jim Kobe , also Dresden Gunworks.
Tag for great thread idea!!!
+1
Barry Davis Microgroups. Bayfield Colorado
If this comes to fruition making it a sticky would be great also.

twofish
Ray Perry Bridge City, Tx

Excellent work, a fast turn around time or he won't accept the work.

David
Posted By: CWT Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 01/10/17
Leonard Baity- Baity's Custom Gunworks- North Wilkesboro, NC
Mark Gordon at Short Action Custom is fantastic.

http://shortactioncustoms.com/about/

Don't be fooled by the projects listed. They can work a mean Lightweight Model 70 mountain gun.
Posted By: adam32 Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 01/11/17
Ryan Kelsey @ Diablo Custom Rifles.

Kirby Allen @ APS Rifles.

Shawn Carlock @ Defensive Edge.

Jim Borden @ Borden Rifles.

Todd Bettin @ Bettin Custom Rifles
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 01/12/17
Has anyone had twisted barrel do a rebarrel or build? The service the do on bolts is top notch and second to none.

Same for kampfield customs
My BIL has a 7 SAUM on a 700 that Twisted Barrel did the metal work on. Shoots anything he's fed it great.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 01/14/17
Thanks Josh. Was just curious because of the expierence with box of bolts they did.
Earl Hickman, goes by Dustylongshot on the fire.
Bringing this one back to the top......... Feel free to add to it!

X-VERMINATOR
Sherry Abraham - Custom Checkering, Ed La Pour - 3 Pos. M/70 style safety and other metalsmithing, Jim Kobe - recoil pads with quick turn-around. Deal with these 'smiths with confidence, quality work, fairly priced and delivered when promised.
Posted By: 747 Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 09/07/17
J Earl Bridges
Jered at American Prec. Arms
Keith at Phoenix Custom Rifles
Originally Posted by xverminator
There are so many great builders out there these days that it's hard to remember them all. I thought it would be useful for everyone to list the Gunsmith's or Custom shops that they have used in the past and would recommend for complete custom rifle builds.

I'm sure there are some great unknown builders out there that have incredibly short turn around times. Would be great to include some of those names here to.

Lets make this kinda like the Campfire "good guy" list of Gunsmiths/shops. If we can make a large enough list, maybe Rick can make it a sticky. I'll start with those I have used and would recommend in no particular order....

Mike Bryant - Bryant Customs[/b]
GA Precision

ere are so many great builders out there these days that it's hard to remember them all. I thought it would be useful for everyone to list the Gunsmith's or Custom shops that they have used in the past and would recommend for complete custom rifle builds.

Originally Posted by xverminator

Mike Bryant - Bryant Customs
GA Precision

[b] ere are so many great builders out there these days that it's hard to remember them all. I thought it would be useful for everyone to list the Gunsmith's or Custom shops that they have used in the past and would recommend for complete custom rifle builds.
/b]

[b]

+1 tag
Mike C...
You might want to check out this thread.
only rifle I've had made, so sample of one

Alamo Precision Rifles of Hurst, TX

Built the exact rifle I wanted. Didnt try to sell me something that I didnt want. Honest, resonably priced. And delivered in the quoted time frame.
Posted By: setch Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 10/21/17
Tag
Posted By: hanco Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 10/23/17
Precision Barrel Works. Hempstead Texas
Live Oak Percision. Scott Weichel. Wylie TX,

One of the best.
Posted By: Judman Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 10/23/17
For me Steve Kostanich is hard to beat...
Very happy with the 7-08 build that Matt Stewart of Stewart Rifles did for me. Really nice guy, great communication, and easy to work with. He's in Oklahoma.
Please add Barry Davis to the list. He is an incredible gunsmith with very fast turnaround time. His shop is immaculate and organized. Turnaround time is under 1 month. He also does cerekote work and bead blasting.

Bayfield Colorado - Microgroups

PM me with questions. Barry has done 7 rifles for me. All are nail drivers, including three model 70s.
Originally Posted by hanco
Precision Barrel Works. Hempstead Texas

You are right. Pete Pieper is a great gunsmith.
http://www.precisionbarrelwork.com/
I've known Pete for about 25 years.
Posted By: slm9s Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 10/27/17
Lee Gardner Precision
Posted By: Daveh Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 10/30/17
Originally Posted by fredIII
Live Oak Percision. Scott Weichel. Wylie TX,

One of the best.

+1
Good to see this thread has a nice head of steam......Almost 8,000 views, gonna go ahead and ask Rick to make it a sticky!

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: Tsavo Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 11/01/17
The ones I've had a good experience with: Borden Custom Rifles, George Gardener GAP, Hill Country, Todd Wittner, Rick Steinhour, Alaska Custom Gunsmithing, to name a few. FME, if you have the patience, and maintain good communication you will be satisfied.
Posted By: Daveh Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 12/06/17
TTT
Jim Borden
Jon Beanland
Jon Addis Area 419 rifles
GA Precision
Joe Collier
Collier Rifles millen georgia
Pistolsmiths I have had great dealings with are Jim Stroh Alpha Precision (retired) and Hamilton Bowen. Bowen's work is the best in the industry, Hamilton converted a Smith & Wesson pre'27 to .44 Special with all the bells & whistles, it was the finest custom revolver I've ever owned. Jim Stroh also converted a S & W M/27 to .44 Spl. and did some barrel shortening for me. I always like Jim's system of paying a deposit to get in line and not sending your gun till he was ready to work on it, wish more 'smiths worked that way.
Posted By: K22 Re: Campfire Gunsmith Directory - 12/07/17
Dresden Gun Company - Adam Bentley
© 24hourcampfire