Home
Posted By: sloone holland stocks - 07/21/17
hey guys its been quite a few years since I have posted on here.i do keep up with posts from time to time and enjoy it.have a few custom hunting rigs built by some good smiths and love having and shooting them.im just a accuracy nut and even though not needed for normal hunting situations I love having rifles that put tiny groups on paper.anyway to the point.has anyone built a rifle on a Holland sporter stock and if so there opinions on it.the feel and impression as compared to others such as mcmillans and manners or hs precision.i have a McMillan sporter I like and 3 high tech I really like.just thinking a Holland on a varmint build as it looks to have a great comb for cheek weld and height for a large obj scope thanks.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: holland stocks - 07/22/17
Welcome back...
I have not seen a holland stock in person....mostly a McMillan crowd around here...
Posted By: 222ND Re: holland stocks - 07/22/17
I have a 7rum built on a holland thumb hole it is a very comfortable fit and a joy to shoot. I also have a holland sporter chambered in 223 AI I would compare it to a sako 75 for fit which I also think fits very well. I think McMillan makes his stocks. Nathan at ssg built both these guns and they both shoot under 1/2". My opinion you can't go wrong with holland stocks. They come long so your not stuck with 13 1/2 " lop. Very good fit and feel on the sporter.
Posted By: sloone Re: holland stocks - 07/23/17
thanks guys.i like the high comb for cheek weld and a scope with a large obj.im curious now if McMillan builds them as I believe Darrell has them in stock.
Posted By: Ebby Re: holland stocks - 07/24/17
Yes. His synthetic stocks are made by McMillan. I really like them. I've had 2 with the high comb and palm swell grip. They are very nice. They shoot as good as the builder and bedding job as they are McMillan stocks.

Lee
Posted By: sloone Re: holland stocks - 07/24/17
ebby thanks what calibers are they in.im asking because I'm wondering if either were of a medium or larger magnum caliber and how the felt recoil was.i would say I have medium size hands and how well they might fit me.i gather you liked the palm swell and 3/8th cast off.
Posted By: Ebby Re: holland stocks - 07/25/17
30-06 and .280 AI so no big boomers

Recoil was very manageable. I love the palm swell and cast. Very good fitting stocks. My hands are fairly big though. I wear L/XL in all gloves. I think you will be pleased though.

Lee
Posted By: sloone Re: holland stocks - 07/26/17
lee thanks.im going to consider trying one.
© 24hourcampfire