Home
Posted By: nyrifleman Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/07/17
http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...auser-g33/40-action.cfm?gun_id=100926433

Always wanted a full custom G33/40, 7x57.

This one will probably go to Dennis Erhardt or Jim Kobe
Home run at that price. Very nice.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/07/17
That is a smokin deal! Most G33/40 actions start at $500.00. By the time you are done the $225.00 + you saved will be a drop in the bucket. smile

Congrats though you don't see these for sale often. Sounds like it is in good hands.

I have a G33/40 built as light as possible with a wood stock, I chambered it in 30-06 and wish I had gone with 7X57.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/08/17
Perfect timing on that one sir. I have seen ugly complete rifles for $800 and they sell fast.
Hard to get hurt much at that price.
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/08/17
A real steal.
Well it's good to hear all the positive feedback I wasn't sure about the numbers not matching, but I took a chance.
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/08/17
Numbers matching is nice but really only super important if you are buying an original unaltered condition rifle and plan to keep it that way. Since you're going to put a three position safety shroud, new bolt handle, and barrel on, it if not bottom metal, those parts being numbered lose importance.

You're really buying a receiver.
Posted By: 22WRF Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/09/17
Was it just a nonmatching g.33 bolt or was it a bolt from a non g.33 mauser?
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/09/17
It was a K98k bolt, matching itself.

Once you cut the hollowed out handle off, what's the difference?
Posted By: Jericho Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/10/17
Handled a G33/40 custom rifle in 7X57MM at a gunshow yesterday. Stock wasnt the greatest and it was priced $525, thought about buying it but money is tight right now.
Posted By: MikeS Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/10/17
I hate you, just kidding. Great buy in my book.
Posted By: 22WRF Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/10/17
Originally Posted by z1r

The "difference" is in the perceived value of the gun. Hence the unusually low asking price.
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/10/17
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Originally Posted by z1r

The "difference" is in the perceived value of the gun. Hence the unusually low asking price.

That or everyone else was asleep. I've seen plenty of mis-matched g33/40's sell for a good bit more.

Only the uninformed think that an all matching donor action is worth a substantial premium.
I own 3 g.33/40 actions and have considered buying many more of them. All of mine have the correctly numbered bolt. The lowest price I paid was $250.00. The highest $450.00

I would not hesitate to buy one with a different bolt in it so long as the bolt fit well, cycled well in the action, and was being sold at the right price. Again, perceived value.
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/10/17
This one was acquired with the original bolt that someone had forged. What a waste. I buy the receiver, if the bolt matches, wonderful, if not, again, I'm buying the receiver. The bolt handle gets replaced so as to work with a scope.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
nice grab.
Posted By: hanco Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/12/17
I always wanted one too.
Alright, I'll admit it, I'm jealous....
This one will go in the safe for a while.

I've decided to send it to Jim Kobe when I can afford to do it justice.

It will be either a 7x57 or 275 Rigby.

I'm torn, grins.
Posted By: efw Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/20/17
What makes a G33/40 more desirable than a Mexican Small Ring 98 other than that they can accommodate 06-length cartridges?
Tell me about Dennis Erheardt....I have a rifle built by him....not much on the Internet ....
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/30/17
Originally Posted by efw
What makes a G33/40 more desirable than a Mexican Small Ring 98 other than that they can accommodate 06-length cartridges?

That and the fact that generally the G33/40 is considered to have a little better machining and heat treatment. But mostly, the fact that it is a standard length action vs intermediate.
Posted By: SNAP Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/31/17
Probably due to living in Canada, but, these have never excited me much as there are lots of "donor" Brno 21/22 rifles here still and while I have sold most of my Brnos, 21s and ZGs, I still have several and a pristine action of each series.

There is no better sporting rifle action ever offered than a Brno of these models. But, given how my KMA performs, and it IS lighter than my Martini-customized 21s, I now tend to prefer it if I can hunt anymore.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/31/17
Originally Posted by SNAP
Probably due to living in Canada, but, these have never excited me much as there are lots of "donor" Brno 21/22 rifles here still and while I have sold most of my Brnos, 21s and ZGs, I still have several and a pristine action of each series.

There is no better sporting rifle action ever offered than a Brno of these models. But, given how my KMA performs, and it IS lighter than my Martini-customized 21s, I now tend to prefer it if I can hunt anymore.

Gentlemen...PAY ATTENTION to what this man says, and remember to suck up to him every chance you get.

Snap, I'm your friend aren't I?
Posted By: SNAP Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/31/17
I don't know, but, if you send me your 21-roundbolt, I might be friendly.........

Aussie ladies are FINE, tho',!!!!!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Mauser Guys, How did I do? - 10/31/17
Originally Posted by SNAP
I don't know, but, if you send me your 21-roundbolt, I might be friendly.........

Aussie ladies are FINE, tho',!!!!!

You have excellent judgement regarding the former so I shall trust your judgement on the latter.
© 24hourcampfire