Home
Anyone have a nice english blank sitting around that they are not going to use?

I like dark, wavy mineral lines/ some marble cake/ good contrast. Not a big fan of fiddleback.
Originally Posted by CBB15
Anyone have a nice english blank sitting around that they are not going to use?

I like dark, wavy mineral lines/ some marble cake/ good contrast. Not a big fan of fiddleback.

I buy mine from Roger Vardy in Australia. Reasonable and quick shipping. No blanks less than 10 years drying time.
http://rogervardystockwood.com/
Right now the exchange rate is very much in our favor. He prices in Aussie dollars.
My last blank for a 40X rimfire custom that is coming together.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I am a fiddleback fan.
Another.
[Linked Image]
Just got this back from Jim Kobe. This is out of the pictured blank.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
WOW!!
Thanks for the link. I sent them an email inquiry.
Wow that blank really came on after profiling. Probably just the photo but looked like the grain was washing out on the right side butt stock. Not so on that stock. That's what my wet dreams are made of.
Wow is right! That's a peach!
That answers the question of who is doing my next wood stock...
Holy cow batman, that is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing Butch.
That is an exceptionally nice piece of English and exceptional work. Awesome.

Hello Butch, this is my $30 piece of English Walnut that Roger cut in the early eighties, the flaws miss a slim stock so it will be used for a stock for either my wife or our daughter.

Depends on which puts her hand up first.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The damn thing is as hard as the hobbs of hell, I cannot mark it with a thumbnail.
Yes, Roger's wood is as hard as a woodpeckers lips.

A lovely piece of wood like you chase would be wasted on me and mine as our stocks generally end up scarred and beaten, so I am content with plain fare.
Damn, that’s a nice matchstick.
check with Cecil Fredi in Las Vegas - has like 15,000 blanks all dried in desert air
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Just got this back from Jim Kobe. This is out of the pictured blank.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Man, that's going to be one heck of a 22! Is the barrel going to be a sporter weight?
Frank Green made, maybe, 3 barrels for a couple of us. Mine is the same as a #4 Shilen taper. From there it is very different. It is a cutrifle left hand twist. It has 8 grooves and is a gain twist.It is at Roger Kehr's for a little of his metal scratching.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Frank Green made, maybe, 3 barrels for a couple of us. Mine is the same as a #4 Shilen taper. From there it is very different. It is a cutrifle left hand twist. It has 8 grooves and is a gain twist.It is at Roger Kehr's for a little of his metal scratching.

Can't wait to see the finished product. I take it Roger Kehr is a engraver?
© 24hourcampfire