Home
Anyone have a realistic wait time on McMillan orders? I ordered one "in stock" from their retail store inventory in November and still don't have it. Wishing I would have just ordered what I really wanted at this point....unless they are like a year out, lol.

I need another one for a build, just weighing my options.

Thanks
Oh boy. I just did the same a couple of weeks ago. I hope it doesn’t take them three months to put it in a box and ship it.
I guess I was lucky then, I ordered a Hunters Edge for my new Tikka Superlite Creedmoor - it was one of their in stock ready to ship stocks. I ordered it on 12/17 and it was delivered on 12/23 so no complaints!
Custom orders are 20-24 weeks right now. Rems may come out faster.
I would call them.... my buddy just ordered a ready to inlet and he got it around 3 weeks later!
My brother and I ordered a stock each on the 28th April last year and there is still no sign of them landing yet. Both were standard stocks for a Rem 700.
Wow, sorry to hear that!!!

I emailed them, they are "checking with production" smirk
Just call them, they will tell you.
Originally Posted by Jon2
My brother and I ordered a stock each on the 28th April last year and there is still no sign of them landing yet. Both were standard stocks for a Rem 700.

Just to be clear, these stocks weren't ordered from the 'in stock' inventory and they have got to find they way over to England as well. It still seems a remarkable time to wait though and is certainly frustrating. My brother is a bit luckier than I am as he has his rifle sat in a spare stock. My barrelled action is sat in the cabinet unused for approaching 12 months. I'm itching to go!

Kind regards,

Tim
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Wow, sorry to hear that!!!

I emailed them, they are "checking with production" smirk

Shouldn’t they be checking with shipping? Just so I understand, this was a buy now in inventory stock correct?
Ordered 1 in Feb for a M98, took about 8 months. Ordered another end of Dec, we'll see how long it takes. At least you know going in there will be a wait. I keep a spare "beater"(Butler Creek) stock in case I would NEED to use a barreled action before the stock was finished(so far have not needed to use it).

Funny how it doesn't seem like as big a deal once you have it in your hands.
Thanks for the input. Even though it said "5 available", it said just needed final inlet for barrel, so you input what barrel you have when you order it and they are supposed to CNC the channel and ship it out.

The bummer is I already had a McMillan for this barreled action but had it rebarreled. Before I chose barrel I called McMillan and asked if they could reinlet my channel for new barrel and asked max size. They told me no problem, and I could go up to Krieger #4. I ordered a #3 to be safe, sent it all in last fall and was told it would work because my cylinder was too long. They told me to buy a different stock that they had in inventory and they would get it right out.

This isn't a complaint about McMillan, I just wish it wasn't such a mystery on REAL lead times.
Got mine today.
119 days.
Actually came last week but I got my Paws on it today.
Arctic camo.
[Linked Image]
Show off! Lol
Increased wait times due to the new fancy McMillan boxes................................
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Increased wait times due to the new fancy McMillan boxes................................

Was thinking the exact same thing. 😝
I received one in late Dec. that took 5 months, 1 week to receive. It was a R700 SA inlet.
Finally gave up and went straight to the top seeking answers. Miraculously my stock is shipping today...
To really stir the pot, I ordered a Ruger MKII McMillian from Rick on the fire on February 4, 2018 and received it today, March 6, 2018. This is by far my quickest; 31 days for a custom ordered swirly!! Unless they had the exact stock I ordered in inventory, that’s pretty dang quick. YMMV
I have waited for McMillan’s many times. Wanted another and they happened to have close to what I wanted in inventory. I called this morn and confirmed that it was in inventory. I ordered it. Four hours later, I received a tracking number that it was on the way.
I was shocked.
I ordered a game scout last year and it took 4 months to get.
I’ve only ordered 3.

First took 4 or 5 months.

Second and third were ordered and then cancelled when I found what I wanted, used, while waiting.

After you order you have about half a year to look for what you want. As long as you don’t have your heart set on a certain bowling ball pattern, or other oddity, chances are good you’ll find it and save a couple hundred bucks.
Threw Down the McWoodyCard November 29th and Waiting.....
Had one delivered last week took exactly 5 months
I ordered one in May and I’m still waiting!!! It’s ready, paid for, but I haven’t seen it frown It’s an Edge for a long action 700.......I don’t get the 10 months!! mad
I too ordered one end of May 2017. Still haven't received it. Called them 7 weeks ago and they told me 3 weeks... Called them last week (6 weeks after first call) and they told me 2 to 3 weeks again... Told them I've heard that before... 6 weeks ago...
Per Today's UPS Shazz, ETA Thursday...
Ordered one on 12-28, nothing yet
Got a game scout edge from them last year, took 5 months.
I only go the Mac route if it’s going to be as important to me as the barrel I ordered for a build. If not, then there are other options with quicker delivery. I’m liking Greyboe at the moment. But, I wouldn’t hesitate to put an order in for a Mac knowing i won’t be seeing it until October...I tend to keep my builds with Mac stock as a forever rifle...So, waiting doesn’t bother me. 😎
Me too Beave, I know going in it’ll be 4 months or more. Plan accordingly....
I wait just long enough to find a used one that someone wants to sell at a loss... Major loss most times.
I've ordered 4 or 5 and bought 4 or 5 others off the specials list. They've all worked great and ordering one with specific bottom metal in mind, shank length and barrel contour in mind and long LOP for my stature has always been very good for me. I don't really worry too much about leadtime though as I've a few things to hold me over.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I wait just long enough to find a used one that someone wants to sell at a loss... Major loss most times.

Yes and that’s why I make damn sure it’s something I’m gonna keep, cause like custom rifles you’ll more than likely lose $$$.....

Yup.
Picked this stock up for $155
[Linked Image]
That's a hellava deal Tom.....
I ordered two stocks from McMillan on Jan 31, 2018 and the first one arrived April 18, 2018.

So 2.5 months for the first one.
Second one, not here yet.
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Ordered 1 in Feb for a M98, took about 8 months. Ordered another end of Dec, we'll see how long it takes. At least you know going in there will be a wait. I keep a spare "beater"(Butler Creek) stock in case I would NEED to use a barreled action before the stock was finished(so far have not needed to use it).

Well my rifle is at McMillan for fitting, should be on pace for 6 moths or so...about what I was quoted. I keep saying this will be the last one...did I mention that they do a REALLY nice M98 stock.
Originally Posted by Tom264

Yup.
Picked this stock up for $155
[Linked Image]

Wow, nice snag. I got the same stock and love it.
I placed an order with Lynn on 11/30/17. I called her last week. It should be ready by end of May.
2 edge stocks with custom lop and paint just took 4 and a 1/2 months
Placed order with Rick on 2-18-18, its already done!!!
They're nice stocks but sure as hell not worth the wait.
My problem with the McMillan wait time is by the time the stock is delivered i have moved on to other projects and have lost interest.
Also you would think the resale would be terrific considering the wait time? it is not!! you will lose money

I can order a Bansner or MPI and have it in 4 to 6 weeks, much more compatible with my attention span..........:)
I ordered two stocks from McMillan on Jan 31, 2018
The second one is for a Win M70.
They called today and are going to ship it, but my credit card has expired.
I gave them a new credit card number......6 months and 20 days later.
Ordered one seven months ago for a Sako A1.
Got the shipping notice just now.
Our last one took a bit. Custom LOP, custom shank length, custom bottom metal inlet, specific gel coat colors. All came in exactly like we wanted. Definitely worth the wait.
Mine took about six months after I placed the order. However, I followed the instructions provided by McMillan on the order email. When the time that I was supposed to check on the status of my order arrived (nearly 6 months later), I just emailed them the status request. A couple of days later I was emailed a notice of shipment. I am quite pleased about the stock's quality and fit.

Now, I can understand that the waiting can be a little difficult to take, specially when you look at the rifle you ordered the stock for. It's best to put the rifle away and just forget about it, because the wait will be painful smile
I just took delivery on a Win Fwt Edge. Total wait time was 3 months.

Dealing thru Rick was a snap.

Well my rifle is at McMillan for fitting, should be on pace for 6 moths or so...about what I was quoted. I keep saying this will be the last one...did I mention that they do a REALLY nice M98 stock.

Well ordered 12/27/2017, still not back...yup, this time I'm done. Rick's a great guy to deal with but McMillan has been a bigger PITA every time.
Just looked a my email, ordered one March 28th, nothing yet.
Originally Posted by irfubar
My problem with the McMillan wait time is by the time the stock is delivered i have moved on to other projects and have lost interest.
Also you would think the resale would be terrific considering the wait time? it is not!! you will lose money

I can order a Bansner or MPI and have it in 4 to 6 weeks, much more compatible with my attention span..........:)

truth
I ordered another out of inventory. Received in about a week.
While I totally understand wanting instant gratification, I really appreciate being able to order a one off, indestructible, custom made stock built to my specs.

Even if it takes 9 months.

Heck, Gene Ingram is a year+ out.

Manners aint doing any better than McM (and in truth probably a bit worse).

Lots of cheap alternatives while you wait for your dream stock. Grayboe, KRG, HS Precision, MDT etc.

Happy to see the shooting sports thriving, but yeah, I'll be whining too when I'm 10 months in and nobody has an answer for me as to when it'll be done.
Ya don't get me wrong hig, I love McMillan handles, but damn.... guess I'm perty patient, as I keep ordering them..grin
Not at anyone imparticular Jud.

If it were my business, I'd give you a number like at the DMV and post a big sign on the front page of the website.....

"NOW SERVING #3,958"
I have one that will arrive today, but I leave for hunting tomorrow at dawn.
...7 months and 2 days after I ordered it.
Just got the email ordered March 28th, bout 7 months
Been waiting since late December...
I've got piles and piles of 'em and it's never been easier than Today,to score 'em offa da' shelf...which'll cover more than 90% of applications. Same goes barrels,if only obviously.

My last wait was for a Vudoo Old Glory Classic,because I wanted an ejection port that matched it's receiver cut out.

[Linked Image]

The newest took (3) days to arrive and was to replace an OEM Milk Jug on a POS Winny S/S Classic 300 Whizzum,to soften 208 Smooches. NIB and under 200 clams shipped. Upgraded to steel 1pc bottom too,along with REAL fasteners. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I never was one to linger and tend to have stuff on hand,laying in wait for the next Donor.

Hint...................
Ordered a Mcswirly first week of June, showed up last week.
Ordered a Mcswirly April 3rd . Still waiting...
Ordered at end of August...will be on my porch this coming Monday!!!!!!
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
Ordered a Mcswirly April 3rd . Still waiting...

Got an email from Rick, it's ready
© 24hourcampfire