Home
Posted By: Switch Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/21/18
Does any one have a line on Remington 6.5X55 Swede brass? looking to buy fron and individual or a retailer. Like 200 or more cases
Posted By: Bill Poole Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/21/18
I gave up searching for RP and WW and ended up buying some hornady (from midway I think) and a bunch of Prvi Partisan (from Graf's) to feed my swede's That Prvi stuff is good! I think the head diameter on Prvi is the true euro diameter for the swede but US made brass might be closer to the .473 used by nearly every other cartridge.

shoot good

Poole
Posted By: Switch Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/21/18
Do you know the head diameter on the Hornady brass?
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/21/18
I found 100 cases here on the fire. You might put a WTB in the classifieds.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/23/18
You could always buy some factory Lapua ammo from Bullets.com at close out prices (around $60/box of 50) and then have fire formed Lapua brass after shooting...
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/24/18
The American brass has case heads closer to the .473, some a little bigger but still functions OK. Lapua can give some rifles trouble if it doesn't have a claw extractor.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/28/18
how much do ya need, how about just buying a couple of boxes of Rem or Federal factory ammo...
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/28/18
Second on the Privi brass.

Only one problem here, the primer pockets were real square.
Quick twist of a neck reamer, and all is well.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/29/18
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Second on the Privi brass.

Only one problem here, the primer pockets were real square.
Quick twist of a neck reamer, and all is well.

I had to get the tapered Lyman primer uniformer tool and still use the neck champfer tool. After that they were fine.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 05/29/18
My Swede was set up for Lapua brass and that’s all I use.

DF
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 06/02/18
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
My Swede was set up for Lapua brass and that’s all I use.

DF

blush

Now, if that sounded a bit snobbish, you have to understand, my Swede is a bigtime Lapua snob. Not only does it like Lapua brass, it prefers Scenar bullets, the 139 gr. Scenar and 155 gr. Mega. And with Norma MRP powder.

So, I blame it on the rifle... grin

DF
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 06/03/18
DF,
Snobbish? You? Nah....
I stumbled across bullets.com huge sale looking for some 300SAUM stuff, and saw they had Lapua factory 6.5x55 ammo with the Scenar (123 and 139) for a little over $1/round. Noticed that Lapua loads the 123 Scenar to 2 different velocities, with the hotter load a bit over 3,000 fps.
Hard to pass that up, so i guess I’m a Lapua snob now too....
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Remington 6.5X 55 Brass - 06/03/18
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
DF,
Snobbish? You? Nah....
I stumbled across bullets.com huge sale looking for some 300SAUM stuff, and saw they had Lapua factory 6.5x55 ammo with the Scenar (123 and 139) for a little over $1/round. Noticed that Lapua loads the 123 Scenar to 2 different velocities, with the hotter load a bit over 3,000 fps.
Hard to pass that up, so i guess I’m a Lapua snob now too....

Careful, it'll jump off on ya.... shocked

DF
© 24hourcampfire