Home
Posted By: Tejano Savage platform Custom Actions? - 01/07/19
Does anyone make one? I have not contacted Pierce but bet they can for a price are there any other options? I could be fine with the Savage if I replaced all the stamped parts but this could get expensive. Any after market upgrades for bolt release and floor plates?
As an unabashed Savage fan, why? The Savage is popular because it shoots, is adaptable and CHEAP. I can not imagine anyone making a custom action based on a Savage. There is decent aftermarket support but nothing like a Win or Rem.
Bighorn actions accept savage prefit barrels and have removable bolt heads...I think that’s about all you’d want to take away from a savage anyway isn’t it?
Shilen's receiver uses the Savage nut thing and bolt head. Not sure about interchangeability.
Originally Posted by micky
an unabashed Savage fan

Somebody needs a good bash up-side the head.....
I like the Shilen Remage. I was looking at a nice rifle but it is on a stock Savage action everything else is perfection so I was thinking of an action upgrade in keeping with the rest of the rifle. Doesn't seem like it could be done without a lot of custom metal work.
© 24hourcampfire