Home
Posted By: b00MSMACK44 30-06 AI - 02/18/19
Looking to see what kind of combinations of bullets/powders/grains etc people have had good success with this round.
Thanks
Posted By: Brushbuster Re: 30-06 AI - 02/18/19
If your chamber can accept longer ammo try to stuff a 215 hybrid in it and take advantage of the high BC.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 30-06 AI - 02/18/19
The 215 Booger Highbird has a sub .700 BC and is shy of the .264" Hornie 147 ELD's BC. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps.

Hint..............
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: 30-06 AI - 02/19/19
Mine loved 165’s. But, most 30’s do.
Posted By: Brushbuster Re: 30-06 AI - 02/19/19
Nothing wrong with 165s! 165s in a 30-06 have killed many many things. And they're more better in an AI.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 30-06 AI - 02/19/19
Originally Posted by Brushbuster
Nothing wrong with 165s! 165s in a 30-06 have killed many many things. And they're more better in an AI.

Cite the 165's you "think" are "good"...because it will be FUNNY.

Hint..............
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 215 Booger Highbird has a sub .700 BC and is shy of the .264" Hornie 147 ELD's BC. Hint.

Hint..............

But he ain't asking about a .264. He was asking about a .30. Can go down the BC hole all day. Shoot whatever shoots well and forget it. I betcha anything you can accurately load up will kill what you want it to. Even a lowly ol 150 partition!

Hint..............

But he ain't asking about a .264. He was asking about a .30. Can go down the BC hole all day. Shoot whatever shoots well and forget it. I betcha anything you can accurately load up will kill what you want it to. Even a lowly ol 150 partition!

Perspective helps the astute,correlate extrapolations...while bolstering your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What do you plan on Whining about next,with your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS? Hint.

Spare NO "details".

LAUGHING!..............
Posted By: b00MSMACK44 Re: 30-06 AI - 02/19/19
I'll let the women shoot the 6.5 crudmoors.

Yeah I shoot 165s out of my standard 30-06 and they shoot great. 215s would be fun to test out!
Lady,

A 264 Keedmire slaps an '06 with 165's fhuqking SILLY.

Hint..................
Calm down Big Stink. In this case headstamps do matter, he asked about 30-06ai not a 264. Compare apples to apples and give advice not criticism. Don't try to hijack a thread....

HINT! LAUGHING!
Calm down Big Stink. In this case headstamps do matter, he asked about 30-06ai not a 264. Compare apples to apples and give advice not criticism. Don't try to hijack a thread....

HINT! LAUGHING!

STUPIDITY ain't ever "smart".

Facts and Physics are reliably the MOST unsettling...to The DUMBEST Of Fhuqks.

Hint.

Congratulations?!?................
Posted By: b00MSMACK44 Re: 30-06 AI - 02/19/19
I'm gonna guess it slaps your shoulder to hard as well. But all is good, I forgot WWII was won with a crudmoor. Hint... Not.
Originally Posted by b00MSMACK44
I'm gonna guess it slaps your shoulder to hard as well. But all is good, I forgot WWII was won with a crudmoor. Hint... Not.

Guessing is the ONLY thing you can "do".

Hint.

Congratulations?!?..............

Guessing is the ONLY thing you can "do".

Hint.

Congratulations?!?..............

You're a loser.
Brushbuster,

Might I suggest a Hurt Feelers Report,to salve your Estrogen Levels and pay "checks"...as you Whine MAGNIFICENTLY and for GOOD reason? Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm the guy that shoots it all and then some and you are The Brokedick Fhuqk summoning Imagination and Pretend,to factor yet another bad guess. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................
Posted By: Judman Re: 30-06 AI - 02/19/19

Hint..............

Ummm again, the poster didn't ask that... but everyone I s supposed to ignore you.... Grin
Facts are the MOST unsettling,to THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks,which is certainly familiar territory for you.

Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!................
But Larry, the poster asked about 30/06 ai loads, no rtf hint to do with 147's...... ever think maybe t he poster has a 6.5 and shoots 147's already???? Nope because your a big mouthed know it all cuunt that doesn't think about that.... hint
JudLady,

Your very WELL founded Insecurities are a fhuqking hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Nobody with a Kreedmire squirting 147's,"thinks" an '06 with 165's is "better". Hint.

Now you "know" too. Thank me later.

Bless your heart for fhuqking TRYING.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
Just answer the original post, it's not hard..... geez....
Originally Posted by Judman
Just answer the original post, it's not hard..... geez....

Oooopsie!

Hint..............
Is th as t as 30/06 AI load????

Post more STUFF!!!!!
Is th as t as 30/06 AI load????

Post more STUFF!!!!!

Enjoying the MAGNIFICENT keyboard slur.

Hint.

Laughing!.............
Looking to see what kind of combinations of bullets/powders/grains etc people have had good success with this round.
Thanks

There's nothing here asking about 215 boogers or 147's you incredibly stupid fuuck..... wonder why your alone tonight???? Hint
Thanks

There's nothing here asking about 215 boogers or 147's you incredibly stupid fuuck..... wonder why your alone tonight???? Hint

Your inability to keep pace,is simply fhuqking MAGNIFICENT. But at least Imitation is the MOST Sincere form of Flattery and it is soooo steeped in your soul,that you can't not pay the tribute.

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Thanks

Your inability to keep pace,is simply fhuqking MAGNIFICENT. But at least Imitation is the MOST Sincere form of Flattery and it is soooo steeped in your soul,that you can't not pay the tribute.

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........

There's no pace to keep cuunt, just a simple question by the op.... hint
Nobody has ever "accused" you of having a clue and that constant remains.

Congratulations?!?

Pardon Facts and Physics so reliably upsetting you so. But at least Imitation is the MOST Sincere form of Flattery and it is soooo steeped in your soul,that you can't not pay the tribute.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Thanks

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........

There's no pace to keep cuunt, just a simple question by the op.... hint

And again.... please quit following me weirdo....

Congratulations?!?

Pardon Facts and Physics so reliably upsetting you so. But at least Imitation is the MOST Sincere form of Flattery and it is soooo steeped in your soul,that you can't not pay the tribute.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Are you following me?
NOBODY "follows" you. Hint.

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Nip nip!!!

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
It was a simple question, dude asked for a load, not what has better bc blah blah blah...... Stop following me please....

Montana creek hunter, shiester, pisshooter, steelhead all your boys, he won't quit following me.....
It was a simple question, dude asked for a load, not what has better bc blah blah blah...... Stop following me please....

Montana creek hunter, shiester, pisshooter, steelhead all your boys, he won't quit following me.....

Be SURE to"justify" your Retardation,in the manner which most suits you. Hint.

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Stalker, do you have a 30\06 ai load?
JudLady,

Cite the platform and it's particulars(twist,throat geometry and COAL latitude),along with it's application.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
Nip nip!!!!

Ask the op dumbfuuck....
Pass Alpha brass,200's,'17 and a 147 magfed smooch ala Fieldcraft at 2700fps...along with their .697 BC. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you can say you've "seen" one too...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

[Linked Image]
Pass Alpha brass,200's,'17 and a 147 magfed smooch ala Fieldcraft at 2700fps...along with their .697 BC. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you can say you've "seen" one too...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

[Linked Image]

Is that a 30\06 ai????
Sadly(for you) a 30-06AI can't begin to hang with the splendor,but now you can say you've "seen" one you 'lucky" kchunt. BIG Day for you. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my "surprise",that you pilfered that picture too,for "your" album. Hint. LAUGHING!

Here's a few more,for you and your Brokedick friends,all setting on the sidelines lookin' in.

Hint.

OOOPSIE!..............

[Linked Image]
You got a bro crush dude..... Want a autograph????

Please stop nippin....

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Nip nip.....Haha
Ooopsie!

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Nip nip..... That's all you got anymore....Haha

At least you get to read my every word and gawk/steal my every Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt!

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........

At least you get to read my every word and gawk/steal my every Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt!

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........

Is that a 30\06 ai load???? Haha
There's nary a 30-06AI load that can hang.

Hint.

Now you "know" too...you "lucky" kchunt!

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
The op didn't ask that... Hint

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
You can't stop can ya???? Haha

Montana creek hunter, you paying attention???? Grin
I don't feel compelled to apologize for making sense,despite your VERY Hurt Feelings. Hint.

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
#brocrush
#BrokedickWhining
#kerrihadgoodpussy
I don't feel compelled to apologize for making sense,despite your VERY Hurt Feelings. Hint.

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Had, past tense..... Hint
Had, past tense..... Hint

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
#youwasheduplyingcunt

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Do you have a 30\06 ai load?
CERTAINLY.

38.5grs of '17 in Alpha brass,with a 147 ELD Smooch at 2700fps...wellllll within Fieldcraft COAL confines.

Hint.

Pretend to Imagine,that you "could too".

Hint.

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!..............
That's all the op asked....

Now stop stalking me

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Ni no Larry

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Good night Lawrence!!! Stalk me tomorrow
don't feel compelled to apologize for making sense,despite your VERY Hurt Feelings. Hint.

Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: 30-06 AI - 02/20/19
Mine was an early New Haven SS classic with 24 inch barrel I bought for a donor action - made the mistake of shooting some green & yellow factory core-locks and it shot 1/2 in groups so I decided to take it out to an AI configuration. This is my technical data: I loaded lots of (4) shooting the first shot with my Magneto speed strapped-on, then (3) for grouping. I never pushed any loads the point of over-pressure indications so I don't really know how much I had to go - since I was getting into compressed loads with RL19 & RL22, that usually set my upper limits.

Looking at my notes, with various 165/168 bullets, IMR4350 & RL19 were what gave me decent accuracy and velocities up to 3200. (Barnes 168TTSX were very, very accurate and at about 2770fps groups were repeatable less than 1/2" - any faster and the groups began to spread.

I shot most with 180's doing equally well with both H4350 & IMR4350 plus RL22 (compressed) up to 3000fps but above that, accuracy started fall off; however, my best groups were with H4831 above 3000 and my last recorded group was .444" at 3078 and .402 at 3091. I never got the chance to 'chase' it further. When we rechambered, mine was throated so that Nosler 180 AB's were dead-set against the lands at an OAL of just over 3.365". At the time, the 180 was what I trying to build to.

As for heavier, I only shot about 60 rounds with some 200 AB's and RL19 & RL22 both gave me velocities at 2800+ but as RL22 topped out/compressed at this point that was as far as I went.

Other powders I tried were Win760, Ramshot Hunter, & IMR7828. I did try some H4831SC but it did not seem to improve beyond regular 4831.

I let a good friend talk me out of this rig and it definitely is one of those I wish I never let get away. I still load his stuff for him and he's settled on 180 BT's & AB's on top of 62.5gr RL22 at an OAL of 3.353" (or as close as I can get to that). He says this load is consistently grouping 3/4" for him and he doesn't try that hard.

I love Ackley's based on a 30-06 case and in addition to my 280AI, I have dies for the 8mm-06AI and the 338-06AI. Still haven't made up my mind whether to do another 30-06 version, or go heavier. Ballistically, all three are about the same. Oh [bleep], there's always the 35 Whelen to think about smile

Sorry to bore the audience with all the minutia, but I think Boomsmack was looking for something more exact to help him.
Posted By: b00MSMACK44 Re: 30-06 AI - 02/22/19
That's some fantastic info man! I appreciate it immensely!
Posted By: Switch Re: 30-06 AI - 02/22/19
JudLady,

Your very WELL founded Insecurities are a fhuqking hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Nobody with a Kreedmire squirting 147's,"thinks" an '06 with 165's is "better". Hint.

Hint.

I see Big Stick is in the cups again! Jerk ruins every post with his BS. Comparable to Paddler as far a being a jerk.How do I put this jack ass on ignore?
Posted By: gunswizard Re: 30-06 AI - 02/22/19
Amen to the above post, the jerk mucks up more posts with his mumbojumbo than all the other Campfire jackwagons combined.
Posted By: tomk Re: 30-06 AI - 02/22/19
Boom:

For mine, the 4g of increased case capacity showed up in the 180g but not much, if at all with 165g. I imagine the 200+ would be the place to differentiate the AI potential particularly if you had a faster twist, but I didn't spend much time there.

fwiw, that barrel shooting 180/200 NAB's did its best for fps & accuracy with RL25
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: 30-06 AI - 02/22/19
Wow! Had to go through 3 pages of BS to get to any worthwhile info.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: 30-06 AI - 02/22/19
The Nosler Manual (Online Version) has some good load info on the 30-06AI. I thought about having one made myself, but then realized my 300 H&H does the same and hold as many rounds.
Posted By: mathman Re: 30-06 AI - 02/22/19
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Mine was an early New Haven SS classic with 24 inch barrel I bought for a donor action - made the mistake of shooting some green & yellow factory core-locks and it shot 1/2 in groups so I decided to take it out to an AI configuration. This is my technical data: I loaded lots of (4) shooting the first shot with my Magneto speed strapped-on, then (3) for grouping. I never pushed any loads the point of over-pressure indications so I don't really know how much I had to go - since I was getting into compressed loads with RL19 & RL22, that usually set my upper limits.

Looking at my notes, with various 165/168 bullets, IMR4350 & RL19 were what gave me decent accuracy and velocities up to 3200. (Barnes 168TTSX were very, very accurate and at about 2770fps groups were repeatable less than 1/2" - any faster and the groups began to spread.

I shot most with 180's doing equally well with both H4350 & IMR4350 plus RL22 (compressed) up to 3000fps but above that, accuracy started fall off; however, my best groups were with H4831 above 3000 and my last recorded group was .444" at 3078 and .402 at 3091. I never got the chance to 'chase' it further. When we rechambered, mine was throated so that Nosler 180 AB's were dead-set against the lands at an OAL of just over 3.365". At the time, the 180 was what I trying to build to.

As for heavier, I only shot about 60 rounds with some 200 AB's and RL19 & RL22 both gave me velocities at 2800+ but as RL22 topped out/compressed at this point that was as far as I went.

Other powders I tried were Win760, Ramshot Hunter, & IMR7828. I did try some H4831SC but it did not seem to improve beyond regular 4831.

I let a good friend talk me out of this rig and it definitely is one of those I wish I never let get away. I still load his stuff for him and he's settled on 180 BT's & AB's on top of 62.5gr RL22 at an OAL of 3.353" (or as close as I can get to that). He says this load is consistently grouping 3/4" for him and he doesn't try that hard.

I love Ackley's based on a 30-06 case and in addition to my 280AI, I have dies for the 8mm-06AI and the 338-06AI. Still haven't made up my mind whether to do another 30-06 version, or go heavier. Ballistically, all three are about the same. Oh [bleep], there's always the 35 Whelen to think about smile

Sorry to bore the audience with all the minutia, but I think Boomsmack was looking for something more exact to help him.

Traditional indications or not, methinks some stout pressures were involved.
Posted By: trplem Re: 30-06 AI - 02/22/19
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
The Nosler Manual (Online Version) has some good load info on the 30-06AI. I thought about having one made myself, but then realized my 300 H&H does the same and hold as many rounds.

It took eight pages, but someone STILL beat me to it.
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: 30-06 AI - 02/23/19
Mathman,

No pressure indications at all - all my rifles are throated very long, especially if this case. Usually the bottom edge of the bullet's bearing surface is at or above the bottom of the neck, so very if any part of the bullet is down in the case. The downside of that is that fired loads are often 100-150fps slower than published loads, everything else (barrel length, twist, etc.) being equal.
Posted By: montanabadger Re: 30-06 AI - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by Switch
JudLady,

Hint.

I see Big Stick is in the cups again! Jerk ruins every post with his BS. Comparable to Paddler as far a being a jerk.How do I put this jack ass on ignore?

Just dont read his posts.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: 30-06 AI - 03/09/19
An otherwise informative thread is stretched out to double/triple the pages with the useless “Hints” we are all too stupid to deduce.
© 24hourcampfire