Home
Posted By: mjbgalt small smith jobs referral - 04/22/19
Want my Remington 700 bolt fluted and the barrel shortened 2 inches. Anyone on the fire I can send the work to?
Posted By: dale06 Re: small smith jobs referral - 04/22/19
Jim Kobe can shorten the barrel. He’s in Bloomington Mn 952 884 6031.
I’ve sent several bolts to LRI in South Dakota. They fluted them. Check their web site.
Karl Feldkamp will do that for you - usually a really quick turn around time also. Karl's work is as good as it gets and a heck if a nice guy to deal with.
Posted By: jdunham Re: small smith jobs referral - 04/22/19
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Karl Feldkamp will do that for you - usually a really quick turn around time also. Karl's work is as good as it gets and a heck if a nice guy to deal with.

This
Jim Kobe and Karl are topnotch. I would use boltfluter to do my bolt, quicker and less expensive.
1-208-871-7929
Your smith does not need the bolt to cut the barrel.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: small smith jobs referral - 04/23/19
Yeah i may just cut and crown it myself.
Posted By: Otis Re: small smith jobs referral - 04/23/19
My crown cutting set with 5 pilots from Dave Mason costs $600.00 does top notch job for an 11 degree target crown! So keep that in mind when you decide, the lathe does it cheaper, but there's a little more set up time! Really impressed with the crowning set up from Dave!
I’d save yourself some shipping cost and hassle and find a local (competent) smith to do the cut/crown. Then the bolt is a small flat rate box from any number of gunsmiths who can flute it, including several here on the ‘fire.
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
I’d save yourself some shipping cost and hassle and find a local (competent) smith to do the cut/crown.

That can be a tall order in some parts of the country. We used to have three or four good smiths near Seattle but they retired and all we have left is Glock plumbers.

Okie John
I've only had one bolt fluted and I used Twisted Barrel, they did a nice job and had a fast turnaround.
Posted By: Vmaxed Re: small smith jobs referral - 04/26/19
I agree with finding someone local to cut/crown the barrel. Send the bold off to LRI. They have a really slick process. If you want them to do the barrel, I am sure they would as well.

LRI Online Store
Posted By: kevinJ Re: small smith jobs referral - 04/29/19
Where you located?
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: small smith jobs referral - 04/29/19
Ohio
Posted By: kevinJ Re: small smith jobs referral - 04/29/19
Send bolt to Karl or LRI. I recently held a bolt done by LRI with a rod iron pattern flute. Looked awesome

Barrel chop shouldn’t be hard to get done. Is there anyone close to you. Area 419 is in Ohio. Look them up if you haven’t. They probably flute also
© 24hourcampfire