Home
Posted By: ShortMagFan McMillan wait times - 06/17/19
Ordered thru Rick on March 18. Took delivery last Friday. By my math that is under 3 mos from order to having it in hand.

I hadn’t ordered one in a few years. First one I’ve gotten with a speckletone paint job and first Hunter’s Edge pattern.

All I can say is wow is this a nice stock. I was surprised at how quickly I got it given it was inlet for a weatherby vanguard which I can’t imagine is very common

Will do exactly what I hoped - which was to replace the youth stock on my son’s rifle with a nicer stock and save some weight (exactly 8oz) in the process.

When I installed the stock today I was definitely questioning why I dump thousands into custom rifles when my son’s would do literally everything we need a rifle to do

Will confirm zero this weekend and decide whether or not to bed it after hunting it some this fall
Posted By: noKnees Re: McMillan wait times - 06/17/19
ordered 11/26 still waiting
Posted By: Judman Re: McMillan wait times - 06/17/19
Originally Posted by noKnees
ordered 11/26 still waiting

Wow..... Think 61\2 months was my longest wait
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: McMillan wait times - 06/17/19
6 months is my experience. Was pleasantly surprised to be under 3

My gunsmith also got another stock of mine back from mcMillan today that he had sent for repaint. 4 weeks on that. Haven’t seen it yet but that should mean my build is nearing completion
Posted By: Higginez Re: McMillan wait times - 06/17/19
I ordered one a month and a half ago.

Woke up the other morning and I had an email saying my McMillan order had shipped.

I about schit!

Right up until I realized it was the McM hats I had ordered the night before.
Posted By: fredIII Re: McMillan wait times - 06/18/19
Originally Posted by Higbean

Woke up the other morning and I had an email saying my McMillan order had shipped.

I about schit!

I got a T-shirt that fouled me the same way. 😂
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: McMillan wait times - 06/18/19
Originally Posted by Higbean

I about schit!

Damn...laffn...

I checked about 2 weeks ago with a dealer friend and he told me wait times are 5-6 months currently.

Was about to work on my order spec sheet and the transmission in my truck puked ....chit ! frown
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: McMillan wait times - 06/18/19
I guess I can still work on the spec part and dream for a while... grin
Posted By: beretzs Re: McMillan wait times - 06/18/19
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Ordered thru Rick on March 18. Took delivery last Friday. By my math that is under 3 mos from order to having it in hand.

I hadn’t ordered one in a few years. First one I’ve gotten with a speckletone paint job and first Hunter’s Edge pattern.

All I can say is wow is this a nice stock. I was surprised at how quickly I got it given it was inlet for a weatherby vanguard which I can’t imagine is very common

Will do exactly what I hoped - which was to replace the youth stock on my son’s rifle with a nicer stock and save some weight (exactly 8oz) in the process.

When I installed the stock today I was definitely questioning why I dump thousands into custom rifles when my son’s would do literally everything we need a rifle to do

Will confirm zero this weekend and decide whether or not to bed it after hunting it some this fall

That’s what I just received was an EDGE fill, Sako Classic for a 257 Wby. Really quick on that one. May have just submitted the order in just the right time.
Posted By: oldguns Re: McMillan wait times - 06/18/19
Timing is everything!
Posted By: whitebread Re: McMillan wait times - 06/18/19
I ordered a classic on 10/5. Still waiting for it.
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/19/19
I have about 10 mcmillans.
Never understood why they have such a long wait time.
I would think that adding equipment and people to speed up delivery would result in more business.
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: McMillan wait times - 06/20/19
Originally Posted by dale06
I would think that adding equipment and people to speed up delivery would result in more business.

If people will line up and wait to give you money, you are doing something right.
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/20/19
Originally Posted by mibowhunter

If people will line up and wait to give you money, you are doing something right.

True, but some people get tired of waiting and buy something else.

Depends on what it is, I guess.

If the line never gets any shorter , the money flow is still there.
Seen good money making gigs go belly up quick because they went to big.

If I wanted a McMillan in the past, I waited for it....
Id love to be the guy that commanded the line,instead of the one waiting in it....grin
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/21/19
Ordered an Edge Mountain Rifle Stock for a 700 and got it in about 5 weeks. They said I caught the tail end of the run they were working on.
Wished I’d ordered a couple more.
Posted By: Judman Re: McMillan wait times - 06/21/19
Buy at work just got a gamescout, 3 1\2 month's....
Posted By: oldguns Re: McMillan wait times - 06/21/19
How many orders do you think McMillan has LOST because of wait times?
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/21/19

What other stock is available with shorter lead times and the same amount of customizable options, features, and price?
Posted By: 30338 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/22/19
Seems like most of my turns are 3-5 months. I've been on a streak of just perfectly done orders by McMillan on probably the last 8 or so. Shank length, barrel inlet, bottom metal inlet, lop, etc has all been perfect on them. Quite happy with McMillan and never sweat the wait times.
Posted By: Higginez Re: McMillan wait times - 07/30/19
Got a call Friday my stock is done.

3 months.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: McMillan wait times - 07/30/19
3 months is about right currently, they are certainly worth it .
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 07/30/19
Originally Posted by oldguns

At least two in my case. I bought a lesser stock, because I couldn’t (wouldn’t) wait six months. And I have about 10 mcmillans.
Posted By: jaydub in wi Re: McMillan wait times - 07/31/19
My last stock took 5 months. The one I have on order now is 7.5 months and still counting
Posted By: lynntelk Re: McMillan wait times - 07/31/19
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
3 months is about right currently, they are certainly worth it .

That three months would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. I ordered 5/7/19.
Posted By: beretzs Re: McMillan wait times - 08/01/19
I ordered 4 stocks back in mid April. Got two of them around the 8-9 week mark. The last two arrived last week for about a 3 month delivery. They are still stating the long lead time, but seem to be building them much faster.
Posted By: SKane Re: McMillan wait times - 08/01/19
Originally Posted by 30338
Seems like most of my turns are 3-5 months. I've been on a streak of just perfectly done orders by McMillan on probably the last 8 or so. Shank length, barrel inlet, bottom metal inlet, lop, etc has all been perfect on them. Quite happy with McMillan and never sweat the wait times.

Yep, same here.
I once ordered a McMillan and at the same time ordered another popular brand. Not only did I receive the McMillan in 3 months (while waiting patiently for the other company), I ordered another McMillan, received the McMillan, then ordered yet another McMillan and received THAT one before the other company's stock finally showed up - and the much anticipated stock arrived with the wrong inlet.

If I need something sooner than six months, it was likely a frivolous, half-baked plan from the get-go. smile
Posted By: 30338 Re: McMillan wait times - 08/01/19
Just got this one in. Kind of like it. First Game Scout I have ordered.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 30338 Re: McMillan wait times - 08/06/19
Decided not to bed the McMillan till I could see how it shot. Grabbed a few rounds and thinking it won't need bedding. Moved it two clicks down and called it good.
[Linked Image]
Its because of stuff like this that I love working with McMillan stocks.
Posted By: SKane Re: McMillan wait times - 08/06/19
Appears you're squared away sans bedding. smile

Good looking stock too.
McM Carbon Ambush color/camo offering? If I were ordering a stock tomorrow, that's what I'd choose.
Posted By: 30338 Re: McMillan wait times - 08/06/19
Yep, Game Scout with carbon ambush. This one feels pretty good. Recoil impulse for a 6.5x47 suppressed is kind of fun too.
Posted By: HandgunHTR Re: McMillan wait times - 09/05/19
Ordered my Game Warden for a Tikka T3 (edge fill) on June 7th, confirmed on June 21st. Delivered on August 27th.

I was expecting the stock to be the long lead item on this build. Turns out it is the rebarrel. I am expecting my BA back around mid-month.
Posted By: JonnyGumbo Re: McMillan wait times - 06/05/20
Does mcmillan send an email with a tracking number when the stock ships? Just curious bc i ordered my first one a while back and just saw this morning that they charged me for it and i think that means they shipped it
Posted By: JonnyGumbo Re: McMillan wait times - 06/05/20
Nevermind i did receive one. That was fast, i ordered the stock April 16 and it shipped today, less than 2 months!
Posted By: Judman Re: McMillan wait times - 06/05/20
Holy shiit that was fast!!
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/06/20
Yesterday, they told me 4-6 months on a 700 classic
Posted By: AK416 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/06/20
Ordered a Win Featherweight for a pre64 on 30 April and got shipping confirmation on Wednesday.

By far a new record for flash to bang...
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: McMillan wait times - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by AK416
Ordered a Win Featherweight for a pre64 on 30 April and got shipping confirmation on Wednesday.

That is smokin’ fast. Maybe covid and a price hike are shortening the wait list.

Was that a featherweight pattern inlet for pre-64? What fill?

Congrats! 🍀
Posted By: TomM1 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/06/20

Let me know how the fit is on that one, particularly the trigger guard.

Thanks
Posted By: adam32 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/06/20
Has anyone noticed how much they've gone up in price? At least on Stockys, the standard fills are now higher than Edge Techs used to be!!!! No thanks!!!
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/06/20
Yeah, way up. I was quoted $700 for an inletted mcswirly with pillars and a 1' pacmeyer
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/06/20
I’m done with McMillan stocks. They’re excellent and I have about a dozen that I’ve acquired over the years.
As good as they are, they’re not worth their cost anymore. Never mind the six month wait.
Just had Jim Kobe build me another PD rifle
In the past I’ve used McMillan fir my varminters. This time, I went with a laminate. Saved $400+ and had it in a week.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: McMillan wait times - 06/07/20
I’m done with McMillan stocks. They’re excellent and I have about a dozen that I’ve acquired over the years.
As good as they are, they’re not worth their cost anymore. Never mind the six month wait.
Just had Jim Kobe build me another PD rifle
In the past I’ve used McMillan fir my varminters. This time, I went with a laminate. Saved $400+ and had it in a week.

For a varminter or anything you don't care about weight on laminate is the smart $ choice...and I like it. If weight matters laminate sucks.

Putting pieces together for a build. Hard to consider McMillan from the factory....I looked, and especially considering the weight penalty the edge has gained, I looked away. Have a lot of them I love but there are other options now that weren't there before.
Posted By: Judman Re: McMillan wait times - 06/07/20
Agreed, they've priced themselves out of the common folk...
Posted By: 300MAG Re: McMillan wait times - 06/07/20
Rick Bin still sell McMillan's.....his price was hard to beat!!!!
Posted By: AK416 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/07/20
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

That is smokin’ fast. Maybe covid and a price hike are shortening the wait list.

Was that a featherweight pattern inlet for pre-64? What fill?

Congrats! 🍀

Edge fill...
Posted By: AK416 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/07/20
Originally Posted by TomM1

Thanks

They called and warned that the rear of the trigger guard would be proud.....nothing 5min and some sandpaper can't fix...
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/08/20

Maybe.
I just got out of the line. Bought a laminated stock. Saved $400 plus and I’m shooting the rifle in ten days after the order.
Is it as good as a McMillan, maybe, or maybe not, but value wise it may be as good or better.
Posted By: TomM1 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by TomM1

Thanks

They called and warned that the rear of the trigger guard would be proud.....nothing 5min and some sandpaper can't fix...

My last one would have required modifying the trigger guard because of the heel on it, even after I letting the stock deeper. When I discussed with them they said the only drop in stock for a P-64 was the P-64 Monte Carlo, which ain’t a bad stock either.

Like others have mentioned, I won’t pay their current prices...could be why their wait times have shrunk. If I needed a good M70 synthetic I’d prolly seek a Winlite (P-64 withstanding) or go Banser.
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 06/16/20
They’re great stocks. I have a dozen or so.
But most recently (last month) I bought a laminated stock for less than half the cost and about 10 days delivery time.
Already have shot that rifle couple times.
While great stocks, six plus months delivery and $600 plus doesn’t work for me anymore.
Posted By: JPro Re: McMillan wait times - 06/16/20
If it's true that an inletted McSwirly with pad and swivels is now $700, that's roughly a 47% increase from the last ones I ordered. I think that was around 2012 or so and I want to say $475 was the number. That would be an average cost increase of nearly 6% a year. Ouch.
Posted By: Holston Re: McMillan wait times - 06/17/20
I'm right at 6 months and counting. I doubt I'll order another.
Posted By: bonefish Re: McMillan wait times - 07/02/20
Coming up on 6 mo for a McM Hunter.
Posted By: pdog06 Re: McMillan wait times - 09/10/20
Originally Posted by JPro
If it's true that an inletted McSwirly with pad and swivels is now $700, that's roughly a 47% increase from the last ones I ordered. I think that was around 2012 or so and I want to say $475 was the number. That would be an average cost increase of nearly 6% a year. Ouch.

True story. I just ordered one today for a customer. Fully inletted HBR with pillars. $710 and a 6-8month delivery time.....ouch, but what the customer wants.
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 09/10/20
Originally Posted by oldguns

At least two in my case. I bought a lesser stock, because I couldn’t (wouldn’t) wait six months. And I have about 10 mcmillans.

Actually four stocks now. I’m 69 yo, not waiting six months for a rifle stock.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: McMillan wait times - 09/10/20
Got my last one in a month........Thanks Rick!!!
Posted By: Sevens Re: McMillan wait times - 09/12/20
Also had a 1 month turn around to the day on one I just received. Ordered through Rick as well.
Posted By: gene270 Re: McMillan wait times - 09/12/20
i cant seem to get over the sticker shock presently
Posted By: Dude270 Re: McMillan wait times - 09/12/20
they are expensive, but what is out there that's comparable to them for less money?
Posted By: Judman Re: McMillan wait times - 09/12/20
Ordered one in May for my prc build, no word yet
Posted By: beretzs Re: McMillan wait times - 09/14/20
I just ordered a Sako Hunter EDGE for my 6mm Howa, the fella on the phone said 4-6 months. Last one came in less than 2. No worries anyhow, it is nearly hunting season here.
Posted By: Sevens Re: McMillan wait times - 09/18/20
Originally Posted by Dude270
they are expensive, but what is out there that's comparable to them for less money?

If you have a Remington 700 footprint, there is AG Composites and Grayboe.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: McMillan wait times - 09/18/20
Originally Posted by Sevens

Not really. Neither of those companies offer the styles colors or different fill weights that McMillan does. If they do offer something that works for your particular build then you’re correct that is another option.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: McMillan wait times - 09/18/20

Grayboe has a custom shop now that offers a little more customization. I ordered one when they ran a sale and had it in under a month. I know you can get the outlander in different fill weights, colors, and inlets. They had no problem painting it in a color combo that wasn't on the website. If you aren't in a hurry and can wait until they run a sale, it's a nice stock for the money. I wouldn't pay normal custom shop prices. FWIW, they reduced the weight on them. The one I got in standard weight was 29ounces.
Posted By: cbennett Re: McMillan wait times - 10/05/20
Men, not to brag but pretty excited. Ordered a Winchester Sako hunter for a Pre -64 Model 70 on September 14, 2020, just got the UPS ship notification that it will be here Western MD on Friday. Very Impressed, my last one took 6 months but was well worth the wait.
Posted By: shootAI Re: McMillan wait times - 10/10/20
I got one in a little over a month. Ordered in late August and got it last week. Game warden edge no paint. I was shocked to get the shipping notice. I planned on 4 months or better
Posted By: kswaterfowl Re: McMillan wait times - 10/11/20
Placed an order through Rick in mid July and still waiting. But I'm guessing a left handed Tikka isn't their normal off the shelf stock.
Posted By: GuideGun Re: McMillan wait times - 10/16/20
Ordered a Hunters edge for a Classic M70 direct through McMillan 9/3....UPS is dropping it off today. 43 days from order to my door.
Posted By: Judman Re: McMillan wait times - 10/21/20
Originally Posted by Judman
Ordered one in May for my prc build, no word yet

Just got the email and pm, mines ready
Posted By: kswaterfowl Re: McMillan wait times - 10/23/20
Rick called me Wednesday and said mine is done. I was pleasantly surprised that it only took 3 months. I was fully expecting at least 6 months.
Posted By: MikeS Re: McMillan wait times - 10/23/20
They recently did a warranty replacement for me in less than a month.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: McMillan wait times - 10/23/20
I ordered the end of June. Nothing yet but a model seven and vanguard probably aren’t the most common ones ordered either.
Posted By: beretzs Re: McMillan wait times - 10/28/20
I ordered a stock in the beginning of September for the Howa 6 CM. still waiting patiently. They’ve been around or less than 3 months for me.
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: McMillan wait times - 10/29/20
I was recently told the wait time is 3-4 months but I think it varies depending on the stock ordered.
Posted By: beretzs Re: McMillan wait times - 10/30/20
Originally Posted by beretzs
I ordered a stock in the beginning of September for the Howa 6 CM. still waiting patiently. They’ve been around or less than 3 months for me.

It’s funny I just posted that as tonight I got shipping confirmation. So under 2 months ain’t too danged bad.
Posted By: Judman Re: McMillan wait times - 10/30/20
Looked at my tag ordered 5-4-20, reached my house Tuesday
Posted By: ejo Re: McMillan wait times - 10/30/20
Mcmillian needs to raise prices again. It will solve the wait time issue.
Posted By: beretzs Re: McMillan wait times - 10/30/20
Originally Posted by ejo

I guess that’s one way! grin
Posted By: JRS3 Re: McMillan wait times - 10/10/21
What’s the turnaround time now?

I ordered in late April and am still waiting.
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 10/11/21
Originally Posted by Sevens

That’s the direction I’ve gone. I have 8-10 McMillans. Got tired of the excessive time for delivery and cost.
Bought a Grayboe. Very nice stock, sold the gun but had nothing to do with the stock.
Then bought an AG composite. Very nice stock, couple hundred less than a McMillan and delivery was about six weeks. Likely will be ordering another AG shortly.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: McMillan wait times - 10/18/21
I've got a short action Game Scout in the classifieds, #4 contour, M5 DBM inlet, rem 700 or clone.
Posted By: JRS3 Re: McMillan wait times - 10/22/21
I received the stock today. Call it 6 months.
Posted By: CoryP Re: McMillan wait times - 10/22/21
Just another option.
I ordered a Bansner for a Model 70 about two weeks ago, showed up today.
Didn't think that was bad, and it's less expensive.
Posted By: pathfinder76 Re: McMillan wait times - 10/23/21
Originally Posted by CoryP
Just another option.

When you get everything assembled I’m interested in a picture. Thanks.
Posted By: CoryP Re: McMillan wait times - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by CoryP
Just another option.

When you get everything assembled I’m interested in a picture. Thanks.

I’m waiting on a barrel from Bugholes and then headed to Shaen. But I’ll post pictures when I get it back.
Posted By: pathfinder76 Re: McMillan wait times - 10/24/21
Thanks!
Posted By: dale06 Re: McMillan wait times - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by ejo

They solved it for me already.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: McMillan wait times - 11/09/21
My last order, received a week ago, took six weeks.
Posted By: Leftybolt Re: McMillan wait times - 11/09/21
I ordered a McMillan on 9/9/21. Was told 12 weeks to complete. Got an email last week that it had shipped. UPS just dropped it off this afternoon. Exactly 2 months….not bad considering most of my McMillan stocks in the past had wait times of 15 to 20 weeks.

Leftybolt
Posted By: woodson Re: McMillan wait times - 11/09/21
That’s good to hear. I want to send my McMillan back for a fresh paint job and red recoil pad.
Posted By: MapleHill Re: McMillan wait times - 11/10/21
I ordered a McMillian in April arrived at Hart in July. They are expensive though.
© 24hourcampfire