Home
Posted By: bluefish Ruger MK II SS 9.3x62 - 07/17/19
I was cleaning some weapons last night and was appreciating an AR's work pulling together a SS Ruger in 9.3x62 for me which originally began as a 270. He went through the action to ensure feed/function and re-did the trigger. He installed one of his fabulous Dougie No 3 barrels and recontoured the factory laminated stock to a more Hawkeye type before bedding it.

I traded a client where I am for a little additional work of putting on a sling swivel and a front island sight on the barrel and I traded someone into an NECG peep sight.

Talk about built for battle! In time I'll have Tom give the same treatment to another such Ruger but make it in 7x57. The Ruger is hell for stout. I had the whole thing done in Cerakote Armor Black. I plan to hunt it with the peep sight only as much as possible. 8 lbs and a tad on the scale so about 8.5 fully loaded and what a pleasure in the hand.

Fall is on the way!

Sounds great. Can you post a pic?
Posted By: keith Re: Ruger MK II SS 9.3x62 - 07/31/19
Great, my only comment is that a peep sight gives serious limitations in fading light...serious. A scope will give you another 30 minutes of shooting time.
Posted By: okie john Re: Ruger MK II SS 9.3x62 - 07/31/19
Originally Posted by keith
Great, my only comment is that a peep sight gives serious limitations in fading light...serious. A scope will give you another 30 minutes of shooting time.

At each end of the day.

Okie John
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Ruger MK II SS 9.3x62 - 07/05/20
Originally Posted by ClearAirTurbulence

Sounds great. Can you post a pic?

+1
© 24hourcampfire