Home
McM website says #4. Ive got a couple that work great with #5s. Anyone gone bigger in a McMillan Remington Classic?
You CAN open up a barrel channel for a larger barrel than what McMillan suggests. The sides of the stock that define the barrel channel will just be lower. Did it with a McMillan ultralight Ruger stock years ago. It may look a little bit different, no issues with performance. Of course there will be a limit to just how large a barrel will fit before it becomes ridiculous looking.
I've seen pics of a Rem Varmint contour in a Classic and it did not look good. The response here used to be "Think Oprah in spandex" when someone asked this question.
Have used up to a Sendero contour in a Classic with no issues. Mcmillan inletted it as such so no additional work was needed to make it fit.
Works well........from someone that actually owns one.....hardly big O in spandex.....

20" .223
[Linked Image]

16.5" 300blk
[Linked Image]

Both Sendero / varmint profile
I've put a Savage ML in a Classic and it was certainly "full" but wasn't bad. Of course no ramrod inlet was put in.
I've had a couple three opened to a Rem Varmint. There's still a little "flat" left on both sides of the barrel channel, but I wouldn't go any bigger.
Originally Posted by hangunnr
Works well........from someone that actually owns one.....hardly big O in spandex.....

20" .223
[Linked Image]

16.5" 300blk
[Linked Image]

Any pictures facing down looking at the length of the barrel chanel?
Sure....

The flats are actually equal on both sides of the barrel even though the picture suggests otherwise.

[Linked Image]
That works fine
© 24hourcampfire