Home

Just saying a 260, can rechambered to 6.5 Creed.

A 243 can be rechambered to 6 Creed.

I feel bad for those poor 7-08 guys who can’t rechambered.. and of course have a creed.
I was actually looking for a wildcat to fit that exact bill not too long ago. I’m not totally sure what the performance differences would be, but I want a short action 7mm that can handle 150-160gr bullets at a reasonable velocity.
How do you rechambered?
You hire a gunsmith to set the barrel back and use a reamer to re-chamber the barrel
7mm GPC (Grady Precision Cartridge) They're all based off a .30 TC. I've been thinking 7Creed/GPC but already have 7-08AI dies and Alpha's making 7mm SAW brass now so might go that way for my sons rifle which is currently in 7-08 saami guise.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
7mm GPC (Grady Precision Cartridge) They're all based off a .30 TC. I've been thinking 7Creed/GPC but already have 7-08AI dies and Alpha's making 7mm SAW brass now so might go that way for my sons rifle which is currently in 7-08 saami guise.

What’s the difference between 7SAW and 7GPC? I came across both of those while researching but couldn’t find much info about either one.
I would hope they used the 6 creed shoulder, but who knows (meaning you can use the brass and change the should location or angle).

The 6GT was made by a friend of mine, where the guys simply wanted to “not” run the dasher so hot to use it in PRS so they just pushed the shoulder out a bit on a Dasher to make the GT.

The only issue you might have of course is finding a smith that will chamber wildcats, some of them only do SAAMI work... it they used the shoulder then they should be able to use the 6.5 Creed go & no-go gauges... Saftey and consistency is always a plus, and one last thing to worry about.
[Linked Image]

Mike
Originally Posted by JJWise
I was actually looking for a wildcat to fit that exact bill not too long ago. I’m not totally sure what the performance differences would be, but I want a short action 7mm that can handle 150-160gr bullets at a reasonable velocity.

Go with a 7mm-08AI. It will push 162 grain ELDs over 2700 fps.
Originally Posted by 6mm250
[Linked Image]

Mike

Now we're talkin'.
Originally Posted by HandgunHTR

Originally Posted by HandgunHTR

Getting 2750fps with 162 in a 7-08 ai with a 20” proof
WTO is saying 2850fps-2900fps out of a 26" barrel with 162's for the SAW. Alpha brass is available through WTO so no forming. Fairly similar velocity to the .284 Win. With a .135 shorter case to better fit SA mag boxes with the long and slickeries.
Loving my little 7-08AI Montana, and will stick with that route or saami again since I already have dies for both.
[Linked Image]

Yep...
[Linked Image]

Mike

Not a creed, but is most definitely more.
Is the 7mm WSM worth considering? I know one guy that has made some pretty impressive first shot hits with his.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
[Linked Image]

Yep...

PM me
I confess that I have a 7-08 and admit that the bullet just drips out of the barrel and falls on the ground. It is so wimpy that the wee little pill just bounces off the critter's fur. However, there is hope. Rechamber to 284 Win. Wait, I have one of those already. smile
how about a 7.62 creedmoore? laugh
© 24hourcampfire