Home
Remington action, McMillan stock, TriggerTech trigger the rest undecided

Want it built around the 150gr - 160gr bullets, thinking about a 1 in 9" twist barrel
Shaen....Shooter71 here.
I’m in the latter stages of my 2nd Jon Beanland build. He has been great to work with. Good communication, good advice. Very meticulous and attentive to detail.

The first one is a serious shooter and I expect the 2nd will be too. Gathering parts for what will be the 3rd next year
You can't go wrong with either of the two mentioned! Both Shaen and Jon do exceptional work.
I’ve had great luck and work from both Shaen and Redneck here.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
You can't go wrong with either of the two mentioned! Both Shaen and Jon do exceptional work.

Haven't had one built by Shaen - yet:) But Jon built me two almost identical 7MM-08's off 700 actions. Both in Classic Edge stocks and both with Brux #3 contour fluted and @ finished @ 22.5". Both where perfect and Jon was sure easy to work with. Both where shooters - sold both during bouts of insanity crazy One now resides in Wyoming and one in Indiana - both have killed lots of critters so thats nice to know.
I would go with an 8 twist just in case you want to shoot heavies. Will be WAY better for resale too in case you hit hard financial times.
I’ve had Jim Kobe build a number of rifles on Rem 700 and Sako actions. They turned out to be excellent rifles. Just sighted in the 240 weatherby he made me. Rem 700, shilen SS barrel, Mcmillan hunter stock. Shoots sub 1” easily.
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, yes I can build it if you need me to. Thanks
Shaen
Send that shiit to shooter71...
Originally Posted by Darryle

Want it built around the 150gr - 160gr bullets, thinking about a 1 in 9" twist barrel

Jon Beanland. There MIGHT be some just as good, but there are none better.

Two consecutive ten shot groups from one of my Beanland rifles.

John

[Linked Image from imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

Two consecutive ten shot groups from one of my Beanland rifles.

John

[Linked Image from imageshack.com]

We'll, yeah....but they're just 10 shot groups....you can't judge a rifles true accuracy without 20 shot groups minimum
8 twist
Originally Posted by jackmountain
We'll, yeah....but they're just 10 shot groups....you can't judge a rifles true accuracy without 20 shot groups minimum

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

True campfire fashion, enough is never enough

Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it
Kampfeld Custom
Shaen is the easy choice for me. Great attn to detail and has turned out some great shooting rigs for us.
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

I agree. I have not used Shaen yet. I have a few that I plan to send to him to build. From what I have heard and seen of Shaen's work it is top notch!

Here is my Beanland

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The Kali Kid,for sure. Hint.

It'd be 1-8",no longer than 22",Smooch a 180 ELD from binderless AICS confines,with room to chase lands and THE Throat. I'd have him anchor a 45 MOA extended Marty rail,with molten metal and do the bolt likewise. Sako Hunter for me,Sporter filled gelcoat and flushcups,with no studs to drag. Bart' 2B contoured/short shanked and I have him crown it,like all my others he's done. Hint.

Pass the 6x MQ and hold the Fluff. I'd leave the metal unfinished,mainly because it chaps his ass,to do so.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Another vote for Shaen/shooter.
Shaen build my heavy .223AI- should probably get around to having him bush the bolt.
Originally Posted by Shooter71
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, yes I can build it if you need me to. Thanks
Shaen

Shaen, where are you located? Didn't find a location on your website.
Shaen is spinning me up a PRC right now. Can’t wait to get it! Great guy to talk to as well!

Roy
I've got an itch for a 7-08AI,
Originally Posted by gzig5
Originally Posted by Shooter71
Shaen

Shaen, where are you located? Didn't find a location on your website.

Kaliforniaie....

Don’t hold it against him....grin...
Shaen for sure... he has built 3 for me so far. His work is meticulous and he is more than willing to answer any questions you’ve got. Good dude!
I’m going to use Shaen for my 6.5 rebarrel job.
I spoke with Shaen and he's given me solid pointers, so I am going to use him. Getting everything together parts wise, the few that I am getting anyhow and will be sending him the rifle after the first of the year.

Thanks again for pointing me in this direction
I spoke with Shaen and he's given me solid pointers, so I am going to use him. Getting everything together parts wise, the few that I am getting anyhow and will be sending him the rifle after the first of the year.

do you have to get the parts together...…...can he do it …..or you just want to.....bob
Tagged.

Have a 660 that I am thinking of having something done to.

Hardest part for me will be deciding on cartridge.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've got an itch for a 7-08AI,

Parts are in the mail to Shaen as we speak...He understands his business if you know what I mean.....
Originally Posted by BobMt

do you have to get the parts together...…...can he do it …..or you just want to.....bob

No he can do it, but when I explained what I was wanting to do for a couple of things and their backorder time-line, he said go ahead and grab them.
Fosnaugh did good with me.
I can’t disagree with any of the suggestions above. Longrifles Inc put my last one together and I don’t know that it could shoot any better. It’s near the GAP nontypical blueprint with almost the same components.
Ok hunter - sounds like a nice rifle. Any photos ?
Shaen used my reamer and parts to put this together for me. It shoots 140 vld and 147 eld very nicely. But it is shooting the 135 Berger Classics great. 19" barrel, suppressed, 2700 fps, 6.5x47 lapua. Heck I didn't even bed the McMillan stock lol.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Shaen builds it, it'll shoot.
Man, that’s going to help business! Great shooting and great looking rifle.
Originally Posted by 30338
Shaen used my reamer and parts to put this together for me. It shoots 140 vld and 147 eld very nicely. But it is shooting the 135 Berger Classics great. 19" barrel, suppressed, 2700 fps, 6.5x47 lapua. Heck I didn't even bed the McMillan stock lol.
Shaen builds it, it'll shoot.

That is a sweet rifle and yup looks like it's a shooter for sure! Dam Shaen got you though that bolt handle be on the wrong side! smile
Yep, 3rd one in a row with bolt like that. He may get one more chance to make things right.
© 24hourcampfire