Home
I have a 458 SOCOM Remage barrel with nut to put on my 243 M600 action. Not concerned about the stock as much as I would like to know what would adapt the M16 magazine to the 600. The 458 SOCOM was made to use the M-16 magazine without alterations. If a bottom metal for the mag can be fitted all will come out OK. I'm trying to get capacity by using the 243 so I can use my 223 sized M600 for just that. Clear as mud? Thanks and Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Maybe the bottom metal from a Mossberg MVP could be made to work? I know Tromix makes an aluminum version which would be a little nicer than the factory plastic piece.
Rusty, just be aware that the 600/660 action does not have the same action screw spacing as a model 7. The tang is shorter than a model 7, so there might be quite a bit of "adapting" to get other bottom metal to fit it.
There is a approximately .030" difference in the 600/660 action to a Model 7, there was a post on one of the forums where a member did it and he either welded up the action and re-drilled or he just redrilled oversize, but here is one thread

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?88425-Rem-600-vs-model-7
© 24hourcampfire