Home
I see some very expensive rifles that have these long bolt handles? And on the end is a golf ball sized knob? I've used 'similar" sized handles to "open the breech block" of towed artillery, ha. I'm sure there is a valid reason ( like those that like suppressors) but I need someone to "explain it" to me, ha.
Tactical!
Originally Posted by Switch
Tactical!

No...Tacticool!!
I have quite a few varmint rifles, all Rem 700s that I’ve had various after market bolt knobs installed. In my opinion when shooting 100s of rounds at PDs in a day, they are better than the stock knob. And I like the looks.
Could I do without them, of course. Am I going to, nope.
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I see some very expensive rifles that have these long bolt handles? And on the end is a golf ball sized knob? I've used 'similar" sized handles to "open the breech block" of towed artillery, ha. I'm sure there is a valid reason ( like those that like suppressors) but I need someone to "explain it" to me, ha.

Who would like suppressors? I love the sound of a good muzzle brake or break depending on whose typing. You get those nice headaches after shooting a few rounds and your ears ring for a few days. Way better than shooting suppressed. Plus I heard only murderers like suppressors or again, could be SILENCERS.

We should all shoot pre 64 70s in 270 or 30/06.
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight

I have been told it makes up to some extent for a small willy
Gloves.

Okie John
Anyone who thinks suppressors ain’t the chit hasn’t shot with one. Reckon there might even be a reason for the “TaCtiCaL” bolt knobs, too.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...l-type-knobs-on-bolt-huntig-rifle#UNREAD

Already an active post on the subject.
If you actually shoot 2-3-4 animals in less then 30 sec, a suppressor and a larger bolt handle is actually helpful.

If you shoot one animal every once in a while... its not that critical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQYp6qocWzE
The cocking effort on three and four lug actions is significantly more than a regular two lug action. A 3/4" extended bolt handle on my RPA2000 Palma rifle made a night and day difference in effort and made it much easier to work the bolt quickly and stay with the wind conditions. Much less disturbance of the rifle position. Having shot a M700 bolt rifle for many years in High Power XTC, a large bolt knob and longer leverage are key to efficiency in the rapid fire stages. Switching to the AR was almost like cheating.
© 24hourcampfire