Home
A Winchester 1300 with aftermarket Realtree stocks (Winchester Black Shadow Monte Carlo stock held in reserve), painted, scoped and choked for fall turkey hunting. The Winchester Turkey 22" matte barrel, with the Carlson XR tube, and topped with a Nikon Monarch 2-7 scope will be shooting Winchester XR 6s followed by 4s.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I set up this rig for my turkey hunting partner [and best caller I know and who has serious knee and hip issues and can barely walk 100 yds without aids ] will be posted and calling them back together while I kick up the bush around him. The extra reach of the XRs and the pinpoint accuracy of a scope gun will come in handy for him. smile
Good luck and nice rig
What tube ya using ??
Tell him not to get to close to that scope when he touches one off......saw a guy at the range make that mistake...
nice rig. A lot of 1300s were sold, but you rarely see them on the used rack so they must be gems.
Originally Posted by huntstat
Tell him not to get to close to that scope when he touches one off......saw a guy at the range make that mistake...

Great advice here! I have 2 1300's. One wears an Aimpoint red dot scope and the other has TruGlo open sights. I wouldn't be comfortable with the eye relief of the Nikon with turkey loads.
© 24hourcampfire