Home
Received notification that I drew Spring Turkey tags for Illinois and Wisconsin for the upcoming 2021 seasons. Always great to get out in the woods!
Posted By: Bighorn Re: 2021 Spring Turkey permits - 01/18/21
Congrats on your draw.
Just applied for my CO spring turkey license- I always apply for an impossible area, knowing I have no chance of drawing, and just request an OTC general spring tom turkey license. This generates a pref point, which is all I need to draw a fall turkey permit for my hunt area. Gives me a shot at two turkeys per year!
Posted By: ryoushi Re: 2021 Spring Turkey permits - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Received notification that I drew Spring Turkey tags for Illinois and Wisconsin for the upcoming 2021 seasons. Always great to get out in the woods!

You have to draw a turkey tag in IL and WI? Honest question.
Yes, lottery in each state.
Yes, lottery in each state.

Are there that many people hunting them or are bird numbers not that high? I would have thought that there would be lots of turkeys there.
Not exactly sure why there's a draw, never talked with a state biologist about it. See lots of turkey, but both states limit the number of hunters. Guess they want to keep the bird numbers up. I know that as a non resident of WI, we get the last pick, so later seasons. But the last couple years I've drawn earlier seasons so maybe less resident hunters.
That's interesting, thanks for the info. I'm used to hunting them in Washington where the state pretty much begs hunters to kill turkeys.
I just applied here in CO. I've got a chance to draw this year. If I do---I'll be able to get 2 gobblers. 1 with an OTC tag & the 2nd with the limited draw tag. I love hearing that "Gobble"

What season/zone did you get?
I always hunt Zone 5 and because I call for friends and family for the youth season, A, and B, I usually apply and get Season C.
I hunt units 1 and 2. My buddy has a great place just south of Mauston and I have a place over by Algoma.
© 24hourcampfire