Home
Went to two locations and did some squawking and no response. Both of these places I saw up to six toms strutting their stuff last year. Que Paso?
It was really slow Saturday. I finally got a nice tom fired up about 3pm and killed him shortly after. They are behind IMO.
I’m going next week to lease in Burnet, hope to stick one, maybe a pig or aoudad
I hear them gobbling every morning in my Twin Cities western suburb. They been noisy for several weeks.
They were in Llano county this past weekend. I wasn’t turkey hunting but they liked me talking to them with my wing bone call. Lots of struttin’ going on.
This past weekend in Comfort they were gobbling from the roost,but shut down as soon as they hit the ground and hen'd up.Gonna try later when the hens are nested.
They are talking here in Parker and Throckmorton counties but get the shutmouth when they pitch down. Be better by the opener weekend after next.
What I thought too. The big activity I saw last year was into the third week. With the Big Chill we had seems like trees, animals etc are off by weeks. Still seeing a lot of whitetails with antlers and several one horns, typically they drop around valentines day. White bass run is sporadic too, same reason I guess.

Probably give it a try this or next week regardless.
© 24hourcampfire