Home
But opportunity presented itself. Good hunt with my dad. Never know how many years we have left.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That’s great, a great memory to cherish. Jakes probably are a little more tender anyway. 😎
If they are legal in your state, I've got no problem with shooting them. Any bearded bird is legal here in CO & I've shot jakes here. Love the photo---I would think about getting in a frame & give it to your Dad for a Christmas present.
That’s a good idea Colorado. I bet he’d get a kick out of it.
I’ll never tell.

It’s just a bird. In the Fall, any turkey is legal and most will happily whack a hen, poult, or whatever else they get a shot at.

I shot one about 15 years ago that weighed 14.5 pounds, ready for the oven.

The way my season’s going, betcherass I’ll shoot one if I get the chance.
Sounds like a great time. Memories hunting with your Dad are priceless.. Great job!
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Love the photo---I would think about getting in a frame & give it to your Dad for a Christmas present.

Have it printed on metal and it will last a lifetime. There's a ton of places that do it.

Print on metal
cool picture
glad to got to make memories
Congrats to you and your dad. Nothing wrong with killing a jake or two.
I, personally, don't shoot jakes. BUT.............if an opportunity such as yours arose......... I just might.

Only spring bird my dad ever shot was a jake that he doubled on with me. That was 35 years ago. It's a memory that will last my lifetime. Ya never know when someone won't be able or won't be around to make those kinds of memories any more.

CONGRATS to you, both !!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome! Congrats to the both of you!
Great picture! Congrats to you and your dad
Awesome, Big congrats to you and your dad
Nice picture! congrats to you and your dad
© 24hourcampfire