Home
I came across an old Turkey vest that I got back in the early 2000s. Made by Bucklick Creek. I understand that Bucklick was eaten up by Bass Pro, but I'm not sure. I just know this phenominal company no longer exists.

Back in the very early 2000s I bought a Bucklick Creek turkey vest. It was a great vest but I discovered the pockets were too small for regular sized slate calls. Otheriwse, it was a great vest for everything else. I sent Bucklick Creek a note with my findings about the pockets being too small. Didn't hear anything from them for about two years. In the meantime, I started using a different vest and just had my Bucklick Creek vest in a storage box. About two years after I sent that note to Bucklick Creek, I got a letter from them telling me that they had redesigned their vest, and that if I still had my old vest I could send it to them and they would send me their newly redesigned vest. So I did and got their new vest from them. I still have that vest.

That was the greatest customer servicer I ever experienced. Naturally, companies like that never seem to survive. They get gobbled up and, well, whatever.

Anways, here's my early 2000's vintage Bucklick Creek Turkey vest.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Very nice, useful vest!
I love my Bucklick Creek vest. I bought it back in ‘99. My slate pockets are perfect in size. Mine doesn’t look like yours does. I wouldn’t like the layout of yours just based on the pic.

To me, the one I have is the perfect turkey vest. I wish they still made them this way.
I don't particularly like the pockets either, but they fit things better than the first one I had. By the time I got this vest, I had already moved on to something else and only used the one pictured a few times.

I do like the closed cell foam in the back and the seat. There are hard rods on either side of the back that give it rigidity. I like that. The Cordura nylon is very tough.

I just thought Bucklick's service was awesome. I didn't even remember still having this when I opened a box of old hunting clothes last week.

Ive never had a vest that I've been perfectly satisfied with. I guess the closest I've had was a Mossy Oak brand NWTF edition vest. But that's worn out an thet don't make them anymore. . For this spring season, I bought a Cabelas Tactial turkey vest. I really like it so far.
My old Mossy Oak vest is really showing its age. Last time I went and looked at new vests, wasn't all that impressed with them and thought they were overpriced. But I'm sure if I found one I really liked, I'd just get it, pretty much regardless of price.
© 24hourcampfire